Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

ICE Guard Drives Truck Through Jewish Protesters

Historians and others have warned that the anti-immigrant hysteria is part and parcel for a larger agenda of ethnic cleansing.
    It always comes down to removing "Undesirables".

Seems like a natural progression for a fascist person. Start by disrupting and incarcerating immigrant families... then move onto trying to murder Jews.

The video is very depressing and upsetting, moreso in the 21st century.

A Prison Guard Drove A Truck Through A Group Of Jewish ICE Protesters, Injuring Several

Several people were injured Wednesday night when a guard at a Rhode Island prison that works with US Immigration and Customs Enforcement drove a truck through a crowd of Jewish protesters, organizers said.

The protesters from Never Again Action, a group of young Jews calling for ICE to be shut down and immigrant detention centers to be shut down nationwide, had been protesting outside the Wyatt Detention Facility in Central Falls, blocking its entrance.

Just before 10 p.m. ET, a man in a prison guard uniform pulled up his truck right in front of the protesters and honked his horn, video of the incident shows. He briefly stopped, and the organizers surrounded the car, chanting, "Shame!"

Then the man accelerated, driving the car straight through the protesters, many of whom screamed and jumped out of the way.

"He very clearly and deliberately drove a truck into a line of demonstrators," Aaron Regunberg, an organizer with the group and a former Rhode Island state representative, told BuzzFeed News.

ICE officials and a spokesperson for the prison did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

A spokesperson for the Central Falls Police Department told BuzzFeed News that its officers "are investigating jointly with the Rhode Island attorney general’s office and Rhode Island State Police."

In a statement, a spokesperson for the state attorney general's office confirmed it was investigating "what transpired last night at the Wyatt Detention Center in Central Falls."

"Once we have a full understanding of the relevant facts, we will determine how to proceed," the spokesperson said. "Peaceful protest is a fundamental right of all Americans; it is unfortunate last night’s situation unfolded as it did. We urge all to exercise restraint as our investigation proceeds.”

Never Again Action organizer Amy Anthony said she wasn't sure if police were on the scene at the moment the car drove through the crowd, but said they were present shortly after.

“They were not very involved, I have to say," Anthony said. "They didn’t approach the truck or driver, and I didn’t see them speak with the driver at all.”

Police did not take statements from injured people, even though many of them asked to give them, Anthony said. Now the group is encouraging those injured to go to police again to give statements.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Probably should be fired/charged, but the protesters are also stupid for banging on the hood of the car and the dumbass climbing onto the back of the guys truck is a complete moron. There are states that if I am not mistaken that allow you to plow through protesters if they start climbing on your car/pounding it. Their actions very well might lead to him getting let off the hook.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2019-08-16 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Historians and others have warned that the anti-immigrant hysteria is part and parcel for a larger agenda of ethnic cleansing.
    It always comes down to removing "Undesirables".

Seems like a natural progression for a fascist person. Start by disrupting and incarcerating immigrant families... then move onto trying to murder Jews.
    Please tell me, when are the Chinese going to start murdering Jews in Tibet, or Indians in Kashmir, or Israelis in Gaza strip?

Why is it relevant if they are Jewish protesters? The guard would've done the same if they were Italians, Chinese, Mexican or South African. They were in the way. Nothing to do with their ethnicity.

The chosen nation won't look as hypocritical once Israel accepts back millions of displaced Palestinian refugees in neighboring countries. Until then, they are protesting one thing but doing the same thing back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Probably should be fired/charged, but the protesters are also stupid for banging on the hood of the car and the dumbass climbing onto the back of the guys truck is a complete moron. There are states that if I am not mistaken that allow you to plow through protesters if they start climbing on your car/pounding it. Their actions very well might lead to him getting let off the hook.
    They didn't bang on the hood until the truck tried to go through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    But even if they did... that's property damage at worst, not comparable to life and limb.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    But even if they did... that's property damage at worst, not comparable to life and limb.
    Yep, it is the same thing that happened at Charlottesville. People said the terrorist there only drove into them because he was afraid for his life, then actual video was shown that the dumbass backed up and gained speed to drive into the protesters. And people still believe he was innocent or that it was a conspiracy theory. This driver should ABSOLUTELY be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. He is lucky he didn't get anyone seriously hurt, he should be facing hefty jail time, if he ever gets arrested like he should.

They start hitting the car :41-:42, at that point he has yet to hit anyone. He goes through them at :44-45. Yes he should of handled it differently and not gotten that close, but you are not allowed to bang on peoples cars/trucks. I do want to see when the guy jumped on the back of the truck though, we see him on it after the guy plowed through the people but we can't tell if he jumped on before or after. Does anyone have any different angles, cause of course the person in the 2nd video couldn't keep his camera straight?

After some googling found this. http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/B...xt17/H5690.pdf

2017 -- H 5690
    ========
    LC001548
    ========
    S T A T E O F R H O D E I S L A N D
    IN GENERAL ASSEMBLY
    JANUARY SESSION, A.D. 2017
    Introduced By: Representatives Price, Chippendale, Quattrocchi, Corvese, and O'Brien
    Date Introduced: March 01, 2017
    Referred To: House Judiciary
    It is enacted by the General Assembly as follows:
    SECTION 1. Chapter 31-12 of the General Laws entitled "Applicability of Traffic
    Regulations" is hereby amended by adding thereto the following section:
    31-12-16. Injuries to persons blocking traffic.
    A person driving an automobile who is exercising due care and injures another person who is participating in a protest or demonstration and is blocking traffic in a public right-of-way is immune from civil liability for such injury, but shall not be immune from civil liability if the actions of the driver leading to the injury were willful or wanton.
    So yeah after reading that he needs to be charged because he did not exercise due care for how fast he pulled up to the people.

Edit: Appears the bill I linked is on hold Status
    Spectrum: Bipartisan Bill
    Status: Introduced on March 1 2017 - 25% progression, died in committee
    Action: 2017-03-08 - Committee recommended measure be held for further study
    Pending: House Judiciary Committee
    Text: Latest bill text (Introduced) [PDF]
    https://legiscan.com/RI/bill/H5690/2017

So far I can't find any updates to the bill.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2019-08-16 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it is the same thing that happened at Charlottesville. People said the terrorist there only drove into them because he was afraid for his life, then actual video was shown that the dumbass backed up and gained speed to drive into the protesters. And people still believe he was innocent or that it was a conspiracy theory. This driver should ABSOLUTELY be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. He is lucky he didn't get anyone seriously hurt, he should be facing hefty jail time, if he ever gets arrested like he should.
    Nope, he's apparently on "administrative leave".

Gunning his engine before moving into the protestors has to be a clear sign of malice if there was ever one.

Also, the other first responders, i mean prison guards proceeded to pepper spray the victims. How could they possibly have any authority to use pepper spray on civilians outside of their facility?
    If a civilian used pepper spray like that, they would be charged with assault.

ICE and prisons are just not compatible with Democracy at this point.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    They start hitting the car :41-:42, at that point he has yet to hit anyone. He goes through them at :44-45. Yes he should of handled it differently and not gotten that close, but you are not allowed to bang on peoples cars/trucks. I do want to see when the guy jumped on the back of the truck though, we see him on it after the guy plowed through the people but we can't tell if he jumped on before or after. Does anyone have any different angles, cause of course the person in the 2nd video couldn't keep his camera straight?

After some googling found this. http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/B...xt17/H5690.pdf

So yeah after reading that he needs to be charged because he did not exercise due care for how fast he pulled up to the people.
    What video watching? They clearly didn't hit the truck until after his little stunt.

:37 - He rolls up on them, nearly taking off a few peoples limbs.
    :40 - His truck is still advancing towards them
    :41 - They start hitting the truck because he is still moving forward while someone is still on the ground
    :44 - He plows through the crowd
    :45 - People climb on the back to get him to stop
    :48 - He comes to a stop with his window down. So much for being afraid of people climbing over his truck.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    What video watching? They clearly didn't hit the truck until after his little stunt.

:37 - He rolls up on them, nearly taking off a few peoples limbs.
    :40 - His truck is still advancing towards them
    :41 - They start hitting the truck because he is still moving forward while someone is still on the ground
    :44 - He plows through the crowd
    :45 - People climb on the back to get him to stop
    :48 - He comes to a stop with his window down. So much for being afraid of people climbing over his truck.
    :37 Yeah he def rolled up on them too fast, most likely can get him for possible reckless driving there.
    :40 Agreed
    :41 debatable why they started smacking the vehicle.
    :44 100% illegal atm in Rhode Island and he needs to be charged. I first posted without looking up Rhode Islands specific laws regarding cars going through protesters. That is on me. My comments about the person climbing on the back of the truck are more towards the fact I want to know when it happened because this Ice Agent will try to use it to his defense.

Nope, he's apparently on "administrative leave".

Gunning his engine before moving into the protestors has to be a clear sign of malice if there was ever one.

Also, the other first responders, i mean prison guards proceeded to pepper spray the victims. How could they possibly have any authority to use pepper spray on civilians outside of their facility?
    If a civilian used pepper spray like that, they would be charged with assault.

ICE and prisons are just not compatible with Democracy at this point.
    He shouldn't be on "administrative leave", he should be in cuffs, along with all the retards that pepper sprayed the peaceful protesters after this asshole did this bullshit.

He shouldn't be on "administrative leave", he should be in cuffs, along with all the retards that pepper sprayed the peaceful protesters after this asshole did this bullshit.
    At this point, ICE is beginning to feel like the Cable Street Particulars from Terry Pratchett's Night Watch.

Good god you are full of shit, aren't you.

I do this all the time to get people to move out the way. Malicious? I think not. In fact obstructing people who are actually employed from trying to get to work is more malicious.

And yes, I am sure a bunch of Jewish people deliberately getting in the way of ICE employees is a clear sign of an ethnic cleansing agenda when one of them tries to get to work. Any more of your conjecture you wish people to buy in to?

Seriously, what a shit thread. You are basically a troll with the level of slant and bullshit you have conjured up here.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-08-16 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read about it in Washington Post initially so some things might have updated.

From what I read the Jewish part in topic stood out. WP mentioned that they were Jewish but did they broadcast it with banners? Just curious since of the topic in this thread.
    That being said it does not matter whoever they were it's equally retarded just curious.
    The other and perhaps more frightening thing I read is that local PD was present, didn't act and worst they refused to file a report when asked by protesters.

That one mentally ill (this is the go-to reply within one parties supporters) drive a car into people on purpose is bad enough that the PD is acting like co-conspirators is frightening.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Have you all even watched the video? He barely even accelerated - it was easily slow enough for them to move out of the way. I move that fast to get sheep to move out the way. Reckless +dickhead move? yes, but this isn't some Charlottesville repeat. Was he meant to just park his car there and wait for people to keep hammering on it and damaging it? It's not like he could reverse either with people climbing on it to try and cause damage.

As for the Jewish/Antisemitism racebaiting, I don't know how the fuck he was meant to have known they were Jewish from that interaction, or how they were in any way targetted because of it.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-08-16 at 10:00 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The 1st Amendment isn't a right to falsely imprison. Should have dispersed to the side of the road before the truck even got there. Was unlawful to bar the driver's passage and by the time they were beating on the car he was perfectly within right and reason to try his best to safely proceed.

No, they very clearly start attacking the truck before he tries to drive through them, and the person climbing onto bed probably happened before that too but the camera angle isn't wide enough to catch it.

They're also sitting down in the driveway while everyone else is standing so it's likely the driver didn't see them until he was right on top of them and had to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    They're also sitting down in the driveway while everyone else is standing so it's likely the driver didn't see them until he was right on top of them and had to break.
    Yeah that seemed super dumb with them all sat on the floor. If the driver hadn't been paying attention a lot of them would be dead already.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    At this point, ICE is beginning to feel like the Cable Street Particulars from Terry Pratchett's Night Watch.
    Now they just need a boss with a strange speech pattern... oh wait...

btw. one of my favourite books of the night watch series (after Jingo of course)

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    He barely even accelerated - it was easily slow enough for them to move out of the way.
    Yeah well:

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People really seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of proportional force.