Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The US stopped being one when they elected Trump to lead them.

Just take a look at this: 6th time World Leaders are laughing at Trump and the USA
    Superpower is about scale of economy n military on a global scale, you think peoples opinions factor as a counter to that?

LOL?

In that regard Soviet Union wasn't a superpower for all the millions of people they killed...

and neither was the US for all its invasions, suffering it cost places like korea, vietnam, latin america etc.

Morality, public opinion, has never been a factor to determine whether a country is a superpower...Trump is small potatoes compared to what cold war USA n Soviet Union have done...it's not even a contest.

trump is powerless... They'll just shift the work to one of their subsidiaries (just like Putin just stated).

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Trump signed the bill on Friday. Few days before, Ted Cruz wrote a letter threatening Allseas, the swiss company that russia hired to build the pipeline, with "catastrophic consqeuences" (basically revoking their workers US visa and seizing all company assets in the US among other things) if Allseas continues to work for even 1 day after the bill was signed.

This means that the US is de facto dictating germany and europes energy supply.

Very interesting. Do you agree with this?

Here is how Ted Cruz explains it:
    https://youtu.be/kSVclJD5wdY?t=392
    - - - Updated - - -

Belt and roads initiative.

Get educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    ^Shit white people say.
    [Infraction]

Ah yes, empty threats. So far China hasn't colonised an entire continent, hasn't destroyed the Middle East and hasn't overthrown democracies all around the world.

Didn't the US support 72% of the dictators in the world? So please, tell me who is the anti-democratic force in this world.
    - - - Updated - - -

Well at least Russia put money in education for all, unlike the US using DeVos to favour post secondary education only for the wealthy.

IBF usual language troll -> Bite me, I'm french.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    And everyone always underestimates Russia.

Look at all the damage they have caused in U.K. and US with just troll farms and propaganda.

Stop looking at them as a worn down Soviet Union and more as a country using current technology ,social media, as a weapon.

The social and culture divided Russia has caused is far harder to repair than them damaging some physical parts of a country.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    IBF usual language troll -> Bite me, I'm french.
    No, but I feel the need to say one posts replies under the quotes, not above, ur format is confusing n stuff.

No offense meant.

One does what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No, but I feel the need to say one posts replies under the quotes, not above, ur format is confusing n stuff.

No offense meant.

The US stopped being one when they elected Trump to lead them.

Just take a look at this: 6th time World Leaders are laughing at Trump and the USA
    The TDS is real.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    That's comparing apples to oranges. Yes, world is laughing at Trump and US politics, but that doesn't mean US is no longer a superpower. US is superpower, the only superpower at the moment.

Only US can threaten company from another country and get results. They have shown that with Iran. If Switzerland did similar ultimatum to US company building something in Japan, everyone would laugh at it and ignore it.
    The US is quickly losing out on it’s diplomatic power tho, the rest of the world will slowly adjust away from the US, if it turns into a threatening bully and not an allied friend as it has been. Sure it can keep it’s military might, but the economical power over the world can be removed.

It did not stop it. It just delayed it to the end of 2020. It is still being build. All the Americans did was waste everyones time and money.

Not that I imagine people who seek to defend Trump are ever open to sources, citations or truth, I'm going to go ahead and post the most recent example from a right-wing tabloid: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ey-Lavrov.html

Or another right-wing tabloid owned by the same company that owns Fox News: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/105723...sergey-lavrov/

Or from an independent left-wing source: https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...p-their-agent/

Choose your poison.
    The Sun is right wing? The sun is a titty and sports news paper :/ no one goes there for political news.

As they say, sun readers don't care who runs the country as long as she's got big tits.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has been bubbling actually for a few years in one of the subtle new Cold War topics between Russia and the US. It would be wise for Germany to step carefully in tying themselves too closely to Putin's pipeline. Putin is keen on things that make Russia money and that position Russia with leverage over other states. Russia already used natural gas as leverage against Ukraine when Ukraine got it's supplies from Russia, and they turned off the taps almost immediately when relations soured. The cold winter the Ukrainians suffered through during the gas shortage was well covered by the news, but apparently already forgotten about there.

Not saying the Germans shouldn't be able to buy from who they want, and I don't agree with the harsh actions of sanction threats. But folks in Germany would be wise to keep whatever energy they get from Russia to a level that they can survive without. Otherwise there is a good chance they will hold it over Germany in relations moving forward. And Russia has a recent history of doing things that EU countries probably want to maintain freedom in responding to (Crimea, Eastern Ukraine, Syria, Malaysia Flight 17, assassinations of citizens in EU countries, etc.) without fear of their gas being shut off. In fairness I'm certain there is some corporate US greed at work here too though, wanting in on either pipeline work and/or the gas supplies/sales. But there are some valid reasons for the EU to step carefully on this.

Oh hey, remember this guy?

He is known for things such as being referred to as the man that tells Trump what to do. ( See my previous linked articles in this thread about Trump being called Russia's bitch in russian mainstream media. )

Well he is here now to explain Trump they are going to ignore his sanctions: Russia's Lavrov says Nord Stream 2 will be launched despite sanctions -
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1YQ0AS

Meanwhile it is claimed on Russian TV that Trump made a secret phone call to Putin to apologize...
    Seems kind of weird that you know about all this Russian propaganda and then believe it."oh yeah. Putin is so strong even the president calls to say sorry! Ignore the fact we are raising taxes and praise dear leader!" Is basically what those news stations are for.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-05 at 11:22 PM.

Screw the US, my heartfelt sentiment concerning this matter and all because they want to sell their damn fracking gas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Seems kind of weird that you know about all this Russian propaganda and then believe it."oh yeah. Putin is so strong even the president calls to say sorry! Ignore the fact we are raising taxes and praise dear leader!" Is basically what those news stations are for.
    That's how it works there. They literally push this crap all over there hard 24/7. People simply are not exposed to anything else, there is Internet still, but I am sure in a matter of several years they will plug that hole too, Chinese style.