Blood DK healing spec idea

Hello. I think if it would be cool if blood became a healing spec for Death Knights. Here is how they could do it:

Death Strike:
    Strikes an ally, making the target undead and healing them for x, but reduces healing received by 20% for 15 sec

Death Coil
    Fires a blast of unholy energy at the target, healing them for x and removes [death strike debuff]. Only works on undead.

Heart Strike
    Instantly strike an ally and his nearest ally, healing the primary target for x, and the secondary target for x, and infect them with blood plague (dot which heals the death knight, similar to shadow mend)

Blood Boil
    Causes shadowy energy to heal all allies infected by Blood Plague withing 10 yeards for x, however, blood plague is consumed

Lichborne
    30 sec cooldown
    Makes all targets within 15 yeards of the Death Knight undead for 15 sec and causes Death Coil to heal all allies infected with Death Strike debuff

What do you think? I think this would make blood a much more interesting spec to play.

No thanks, I like Blood being a tank spec. DK's as healers really doesn't make sense anyhow. I'm all for more hybridization, but it still needs to make sense. Now Mages are a class that could use a healing spec.

Interesting idea... but it does seem odd a DK to be a healer - I think its best left tank/damage.

Maybe it would be good if built around life drain/leech. Death Strike/Hearth Strike would be bad design if you were healing the tank and next you need to run to rdps that are in another corner of the room.

DK Healer could put some debuffs on target that let you heal up when you do damage.
    - Vampiric Blood could be cooldown that you can cast on friendly target;
    - Blood Boil could be buff that increases healing from leech for x members for y seconds by z%;
    - Death Strike would still self heal and heal up to x party members for value of y% of that self-heal;

The only problem is for healing other healers or does healing when party/raid can't damage the target, but it could be covered by:
    - "You sacrifice x% of your total hp to heal friendly target/s for this value, you will also get absorb of y% of sacrificed HP" and then use Death Coil to self heal back;
    - Something like Blood Link that would heal the target of link each time you self-heal for x sec. Cast Lichbrone on self -> Blood Link on target -> cast Death Coil on self or Death Strike/Hearth Strike target for self-heal;
    - You could also self-damage to spawn x Bloodworms and then manually detonate it.

PS.
    It could be done working if made really good.

It could be done druid style healer that doesn't have many direct heals but "hots" by leeching hp.

I think more options for classes would be a good thing, but Death Knights are anti-life, they're probably the last class that should get a healing spec. They can draw health out from things to heal themselves, but there hasn't been anything in lore to suggest that they can redirect that to someone else, is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just the normal abilities effects but doing healing instead. This is simplicity close to WOTLK holy pally, noty

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    This is just the normal abilities effects but doing healing instead. This is simplicity close to WOTLK holy pally, noty
    WotLK Blood Presence and LEGIONs consumption were allready significant enough that healers played around its ussage.

This class allready got the stongest selfheals for DPS I am not sure if tanking needs group wide heals BACK.

A range spec would be great, but I guess the amount of players playing this class after the years of constant tuning issues does not justify the DEV time.
    -

There's something odd about the idea of striking someone with a sword/axe/mace/whatever and making him feel better lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    WotLK Blood Presence and LEGIONs consumption were allready significant enough that healers played around its ussage.

This class allready got the stongest selfheals for DPS I am not sure if tanking needs group wide heals BACK.

A range spec would be great, but I guess the amount of players playing this class after the years of constant tuning issues does not justify the DEV time.
    Consumption was palyed around with because of the 20% leech, and that was only in m+ cause if coevered the whole group.
    WoTLK Blood Presence didnt do shit for healing besides a small passive heal. it was a lousy 4% of dmg dealt as self healing

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    WoTLK Blood Presence didnt do shit for healing besides a small passive heal. it was a lousy 4% of dmg dealt as self healing
    It stacked and made healerless/tankless dungons very easy. Leech is allways just as good as the player are. Consumption for good M+ groups was comperable to Laying of Hands for its whole duration, while it was nothing in heroic dungeons with afk players.

The DeathCoil heal absorb for party members was also a fun little minigame for tanks, you could keep up a group without a healer present but the scaling was just not as good as with leech.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    It stacked and made healerless/tankless dungons very easy. Leech is allways just as good as the player are. Consumption for good M+ groups was comperable to Laying of Hands for its whole duration, while it was nothing in heroic dungeons with afk players.

The DeathCoil heal absorb for party members was also a fun little minigame for tanks, you could keep up a group without a healer present but the scaling was just not as good as with leech.
    the death coil glyph youre talking about was incredibly fun in mop with vengenace getting high.

But blood presence in wotlk im telling you was never played around, having played both a healer and blood dk in wotlk.
    Blood presence was the dps presence anyway lmao. 15% dmg and 4% healing
    Frost presence was the tank for 8% stam, 60% armor contribution, 8% dmg reduc and more threat

Sure, if Frost spec can be the tank spec again.

Giving the class a complete new role doesn't seem like a good idea.
    I would prefer him just being able to passively heal the raid like in the old expansions. Healing effects that wouldn't outright replace a healer, but giving a helpful support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combined with the shit mobility that sounds like the worst placestyle i ever heard of it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samni View Post
    Death Coil
    Fires a blast of unholy energy at the target, healing them for x and removes [death strike debuff]. Only works on undead.
    See. This what I think would be interesting in WoW. DDO has a similar system with Pale Master Wizards. You can make yourself 'undead' using certain skills, but you can't healed unless someone uses a certain skill on you. It might cause problems with holy magic users though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.