Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I mean, aesthetic preference is subjective by definition, right?

Me personally, I like D3's aesthetic. The leaner version of Diablo worked well for me, and I didn't really care about the whole gender thing which I found rather irrelevant to the story. Similarly, I am absolutely loving the Lilith look we got to see in the trailer.

I understand that not everyone enjoys the same kind of aesthetic, but you can't design the same way you did in decades ago for D1/D2.
    Yes you can. This is not an issue of using an outdated system but an aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    D3 Diablo was like Satan meets the Alien Queen. I loved her/it/whatever.

But yeah, the incels tend to squirm and feel insecure feelings whenever faced with something female in a game.

"OMG WIMENS CANT B DEMONS, WTF, SJWS RUINED DIABLO'
    If that was the case then we'd have heard about it during D2 with Andariel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Yes you can. This is not an issue of using an outdated system but an aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

If that was the case then we'd have heard about it during D2 with Andariel.
    Because we totally had social media, mmo-champ, etc back in June of 2000.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because we totally had social media, mmo-champ, etc back in June of 2000.
    Forums and complaining exist back then. Hell, I can say the same thing about Tomb Raider. Maybe it's time to admit it's not the because of women being in games.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Do you consider all mortal humanoids to be human? I feel like you might want to read some fantasy/sci-fi books.
    No, those are some varient of humanoids. Mortal Tyrael is effectively a human and his transition to being one seemed too simple.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, those are some varient of humanoids. Mortal Tyrael is effectively a human and his transition to being one seemed too simple.
    Have you read the Sin War trilogy? If you have then his transition to being mortal wouldn't be out of place being that simple. Prime Evils and their kin, and Angel's can pretty much will anything to happen. So all Tyrael needed to do is will himself to me mortal to become one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Ok. And?
    I learned today that poinsettas don't actually kill cats and dogs.
    Seriously? I for sure that they were! Thanks for the new information!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can see that Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and WoW: Cataclysm were written at around the same time of Metzens career. All 3 started the trend of vapid stories with the "epic for the sake of epic" label.
    I call it the "BIGGERER BETTERER MORE EPICER" syndrome
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I miss Metzen so much, even if he was a bit stereotypical on his storytelling (By his own admission). It's so much better than what we have now I think, which seems to be this weird "Let's just do fanservice" council of writers on all their games. Yes Metzen didn't write everything but all the major story beats of all of Blizzard's big 3 games were from him, which 100% drove the tone of all 3 of those franchises.

Also was the Diablo 3 story really that hated?
    I think so, as seen in the Official forums too.

D2 former gamers didn't like that the archvillains had a plan, and that the nephalem (YOU) breaks it 5 min later.

They wanted archdemons to be feared like in D2 and, well, be more clever than the nephalems, if possible.

And there I just think that the devs of D3 wanted the contrary, that the nephalem be the stars over Diablo and the other demons, this is the theory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Not that I disagree with any of the story criticisms for D3 (I've certainly ranted my share about all the "you'll never stop me from carrying out this specific plan that I keep taunting you about!") but as far as the Tyrael thing goes, I'm 99% sure that entire thing was about him ripping off his wings and becoming a fallen angel. Which, in biblical lore, end up being demons, so Tyrael would then be half angel, half demon, in a sense. So I have no problem with him looking human, even if I greatly preferred him as an angel and would rather he had stayed that way. Much cooler character design than just a dude in a robe.
    Yeh.. the only thing he accomplished by turning into a human was starting a zombie invasion and making us go on a wild goose chase to get him to remember who he was again... like thanks for nothing dude.. Why couldn't he just help us as an angel? In fact, it probably would have been better if he just never came in the first place. By the time he "warned" us of doom it was already happening anyway. He would have been more useful in the fight against Diablo if he was still in the high heavens.

I guess the cinematic was cool and the dialogue about him being hungry got a chuckle from me once, but yeh...
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-07-30 at 01:37 AM.

alot of times people think creative decisions have some sort of nefarious agenda to them, but most of the time its really just a genuine decision made by the creators