Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Both Romnath and Lorthemar are kind of hypocrites. They banished all of those who disagreed with the method of draining mana to any creature they could find and of course the captured Naruu as also experimenting on Fel Energy. Then they banished those who wanted to study Void Energy despite moments before they were experimenting on Fel Energy nearly resulting in a second Sunwell destruction and the summoning of Kiljaeden in Azeroth. Then they reject the offer of Alleria without not even listening prefering to stay with the enemy of life to be slaughtered just for the Jailer to gain more power playing the victim card when things went downhill. Somehow Alleria's touch would destroy the Sunwell. We can't regard the fact that they were close of destroying the Sunwell a second time themselves. Sometimes I wonder if the Blood Elves have more of a victim complex than Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Both Romnath and Lorthemar are kind of hypocrites. They banished all of those who disagreed with the method of draining mana to any creature they could find and of course the captured Naruu as also experimenting on Fel Energy. Then they banished those who wanted to study Void Energy despite moments before they were experimenting on Fel Energy nearly resulting in a second Sunwell destruction and the summoning of Kiljaeden in Azeroth. Then they reject the offer of Alleria without not even listening prefering to stay with the enemy of life to be slaughtered just for the Jailer to gain more power playing the victim card when things went downhill. Somehow Alleria's touch would destroy the Sunwell. We can't regard the fact that they were close of destroying the Sunwell a second time themselves. Sometimes I wonder if the Blood Elves have more of a victim complex than Orcs.
    More like they overreacted. They did not need to banish Umbric and the Ren'dorei, they could have just kept them under a strict watch and prohibited them from ever entering the Sunwell Plateau. That way the knowledge gained by the Ren'dorei could have aided Quel'thalas. They were not wise at all and they will suffer from it, because once the Void comes the Ren'dorei will have an advantage that they will not share with Quel'thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    just to note. The void studying people weren't banished until Alleria's Sunwell debacle. They were shunned and generally looked down upon and discriminated but not fully banished before Alleria showed up.

Also on Alleria's terms... her offer was also saying to make enemies with their geographically closest neighbor with next door for reasons largely concerning her bias and past. It was not a good deal, she had no good terms, and the story will ignore such things when it suits them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    More like they overreacted. They did not need to banish Umbric and the Ren'dorei, they could have just kept them under a strict watch and prohibited them from ever entering the Sunwell Plateau. That way the knowledge gained by the Ren'dorei could have aided Quel'thalas. They were not wise at all and they will suffer from it, because once the Void comes the Ren'dorei will have an advantage that they will not share with Quel'thalas.
    the research was going nowhere until they actually wound up fucked in another plane while fleeing. At best they were a bunch of edgelord's doing the equivalent of praising Crowly because he was a badboy.

No one told her not to touch it, only Rommath did, and he said "stay back" only after Alleria had already approached it, instead of, you know, mentioning at the very start of the visit that she shouldn't touch it. If she's stupid then so was everyone else present there, Rommath and the player character included.

Also yes, it is important that they were dispatched quickly, because it highlights how melodramatic you are about the whole "almost blowing up the Sunwell". NO, causing some random ethereal organization to attack does not mean "blowing up the Sunwell".

What you just said doesn't mean anything.
    Well, it was a matter of luck they just had there the champion, and a lot of powerful heroes there, else you know what would happen. It's like saying goblins and gnomes ain't dangerous because they haven't caused any global disaster yet.

And yes, everyone there was dumb, but of all of them, Alleria should have known, better than anyone else, touching that thing was a bad idea. Hadn't she trained under a powerful ethereal who taught her everything she needed to know about the Void? Hadn't she experience in her thousand years old campaign mixing light and Void is a terrible idea? Can't she control her urges? At least the rest of the guys present had the alibi of not being experts (or at the very least people with advantaged knowledge) in cosmic conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Well, it was a matter of luck they just had there the champion, and a lot of powerful heroes there, else you know what would happen. It's like saying goblins and gnomes ain't dangerous because they haven't caused any global disaster yet.

And yes, everyone there was dumb, but of all of them, Alleria should have known, better than anyone else, touching that thing was a bad idea. Hadn't she trained under a powerful ethereal who taught her everything she needed to know about the Void? Hadn't she experience in her thousand years old campaign mixing light and Void is a terrible idea? Can't she control her urges? At least the rest of the guys present had the alibi of not being experts (or at the very least people with advantaged knowledge) in cosmic conflicts.
    It's just a squad of ethereals, which was stuck in the middle of Quel'thalas. They would have been wiped out easily.

If Alleria didn't know that touching the Sunwell was a bad idea then perhaps the Locus-Walker did not prepare her on that particular subject, so it still wouldn't be her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    pretty sure various goblins and gnomes HAVE caused global disasters with their various experiments... most the cataclysm quests were global issues with the world at stake.

Goblins have been arming some raid boss level entities since vanilla, some of which turned into staple enemy types for raid tiers and expansion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    She is a sub plot currently so focusing on her now is silly, when the true void expansion comes she will be front and centre.
    you mean „the true void expansion that had should come after BfA, with all the void stuff in BfA as transistion, but being canceled because of weird reasons“ ?

i assume they builded up that Alleria Void thing for a reason. i assume they bring all that void shit and Nzoth for a reason. i assume they scrapped next xpac for shadowlands because of „bfa sucks / classic success“ weird blizzard reasons. so we get a „oh here is ashzara and that old god, just quickly finish them, so we quickly could go next xpac where everything will be better“ shit.

long story short: the point for your hoped void xpac was NOW. they fucked it up. i doubt that void xpac in that form you hope will ever come.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you mean „the true void expansion that had should come after BfA, with all the void stuff in BfA as transistion, but being canceled because of weird reasons“ ?

i assume they builded up that Alleria Void thing for a reason. i assume they bring all that void shit and Nzoth for a reason. i assume they scrapped next xpac for shadowlands because of „bfa sucks / classic success“ weird blizzard reasons. so we get a „oh here is ashzara and that old god, just quickly finish them, so we quickly could go next xpac where everything will be better“ shit.

long story short: the point for your hoped void xpac was NOW. they fucked it up. i doubt that void xpac in that form you hope will ever come.
    There's no evidence whatsoever that 9.0 was supposed to be a Void expansion but got scrapped for Shadowlands.

It's just a squad of ethereals, which was stuck in the middle of Quel'thalas. They would have been wiped out easily.

If Alleria didn't know that touching the Sunwell was a bad idea then perhaps the Locus-Walker did not prepare her on that particular subject, so it still wouldn't be her fault.
    "just a squad of ethereals" not sure a titled leader counts as a"just a squad".

Also, ignorance is a poor justification for someone's actions. It wasn't Locus Walker sending her to Quel'thalas and he wasn't telling her anything about handling diametrically opposed cosmic powers.

There's no evidence whatsoever that 9.0 was supposed to be a Void expansion but got scrapped for Shadowlands.
    you mean like WoD slowly builded up the Demons, Invasions and Last Raid to lead into Legion ?

you mean all the hints about Nzoth and all that „old god wake up“ feelings they transported everywhere in the last 2 xpacs ? you mean alleria and locus walker setup ? you mean introduction of void elves ? just to go with: „hey, here is nazjatar and ashzara, and here is nyalotha and nzoth, k thx bye“ ?

of coooourse there were no evidence at all.

mmmmkkk....
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-28 at 01:58 PM.

My hoped void expansion eh? At no point am I hoping for a void expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    My hoped void expansion eh? At no point am I hoping for a void expansion.
    ok, not your „hoped void expansion“ but (i quote you here) „the true void expansion“.

what shall that be ?

„oh, hey guys, here is nzoth again, pulled out of ass. sorry that we introduced void stuff and nzoth hints for 2 xpacs, introduced void elves and did setup of Alleria and Locus Walker stuff and so on, just to quickly raid Aszhara and Nzoth. But hey, since we now did Shadowlands and another filler xpac, we now recycled Nzoth again and, finally, here is the true void expansion. Greets, Blizzard.“

seriously ?

you mean like WoD slowly builded up the Demons, Invasions and Last Raid to lead into Legion ?
    You mean how WoD utterly derailed itself, cut half of what was intended and shoved a demon raid tier in while losing at least one whole other tier that we datamined information about?
    you mean all the hints about Nzoth and all that „old god wake up“ feelings they transported everywhere in the last 2 xpacs ? you mean alleria and locus walker setup ? you mean introduction of void elves ? just to go with: „hey, here is nazjatar and ashzara, and here is nyalotha and nzoth, k thx bye“ ?

mmmmkkk....
    I'm sure there is evidence of something... what that evidence actually leads to is likely not a 'void' expansion just yet and saying we lost such a thing for whatever reason is foolhardy at best or downright retarded at worst.

mmmmkkk....
    BfA built up N'Zoth in the questing experience as well as in 8.1. There is no evidence that that build-up was originally meant for 9.0 and not 8.3. Also we already know there is a Light and Void expansion coming.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-28 at 02:12 PM.

Generally, Sylvanas is suffocating everything else.

That being said, nobody cares about Alleria. Except for that one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Generally, Sylvanas is suffocating everything else.

That being said, nobody cares about Alleria. Except for that one guy.
    Whatever you say champ.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You mean how WoD utterly derailed itself, cut half of what was intended and shoved a demon raid tier in while losing at least one whole other tier that we datamined information about?

I'm sure there is evidence of something... what that evidence actually leads to is likely not a 'void' expansion just yet and saying we lost such a thing for whatever reason is foolhardy at best or downright retarded at worst.
    i just say: how WoD half the way scrapped and derailed and quickly pulled in demons and stuff, the same happened with BfA. „oh, war between Horde and Alliance can not fill full xpac (surprise) lets spit in void shit“. but at least, after WoD they did Legion.

what do you think how fucked up wasted the WoD demon stuff and mannoroth and archimonde felt, when after WoD not came Legion but some next filler xpac with totally another thematics ? what do you think how much more of shit the „oh hey, here is archimonde and mannoroth, forget about iron horde, have fun“ had felt, when Legion NOT came after that. WoD is called the worst xpac ever. it would be called the worst thing in universe, if it also totally uselessly wasted that demon stuff, by following with an xpac without demons.

slowly it looks like they wanna get that title (worst shit in universe) with BfA. history will tell. but i have a vaque imagination how it will feel for ppls 2-3 years from now on. „hey, remeber BfA, that xpac that totally wasted void and nzoth stuff. that shitty xpac noone liked and that finally pulled void shit out of ass to completely scrap it and kill it for years. what a giant mess. even more worse than WoD.“

i dont know, but.... slowly WoD is looking more and more like the better BfA, by at least followed by a xpac with the same thematics as the ones they pulled out of the ass in WoD.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-28 at 03:05 PM.

ok, not your „hoped void expansion“ but (i quote you here) „the true void expansion“.

what shall that be ?

„oh, hey guys, here is nzoth again, pulled out of ass. sorry that we introduced void stuff and nzoth hints for 2 xpacs, introduced void elves and did setup of Alleria and Locus Walker stuff and so on, just to quickly raid Aszhara and Nzoth. But hey, since we now did Shadowlands and another filler xpac, we now recycled Nzoth again and, finally, here is the true void expansion. Greets, Blizzard.“

seriously ?
    That is a patch with him not an expansion, not sure what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are missing something there, a reason for the banishment. Thats ok, it doesnt fit your agenda so feel free to ignore it.
    The reason for her banishment is immaterial to the discussion here. The point is that Alleria participated in the war on the opposite side of the blood elves' faction only after she was banished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    twice?
    The high elves who did not want to drain mana from living beings was the first time.
    Umbric and his research group was the second time.

Who the hell actually cares about Alleria?