Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Almost everything you pointed could be the same case with Hitler.

He did read a lot of books.

He has become the head of the third Reich.

To a some extent? Yup.

In the eyes of german people? For sure.

He cared for his people.

Of course.

Bonus round: he cared for animals.

Only deeds tells if someone is terrible or not, your examples are wrong. You only pointed a person traits, not if he is terrible or not.
    You can have all of those traits and still be a terrible person.
    This post tho... this could even work with a damn toy commercial.

Bad try dude.. my god /palm.

Ot: she is atleast 10 times more interesting compared to tyrande who sucks ass.

I am glad my girl Azshara lives on.. Nazjatar was a faillur tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    #azsharadidnothingwrong
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Azshara wasn't terrible... until WotA.
    To be honest, we are unfair. Azshara, Elisande and Kil'jaeden had millenia of good rule. Garrosh, however, ruled for a couple of years. I think we can't judge our raid bosses for just one moment of weakness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    The only thing Azshara cares about is getting God-like D. First Sargeras, then N'zoth, I wouldn't be surprised if she's trying to get in the Jailers pants in ShadowLands
    Well, she just has a taste, as opposed to Jaina and Tyrande who like teenagers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    She might not be evil, but as far as personalities goes, no, she is a not a good person. She is arrogant, obnoxious, rude, insulting and so on.

Not evil doesn't equal not terrible person
    She is not that terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I mean, so long as we're using Azshara as a jump off point to criticize other characters we don't like, she certainly makes for a much more entertaining antagonist than Sylvanas. While Azshara is definitely powerful and cunning, she's not nearly as powerful and cunning as she thinks she is, and such delusional narcissism (backed up be genuine ability) makes the outcome of any sort of encounter with her less certain, and thus potentially much more interesting.
    That's why I loved Azmodan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Virtually none of those qualities are redeeming.

Also lol "she cared for her subjects". She literally invited the apocalypse down on her people's heads. Why even make this about Azshara when you obviously just want to whine about Tyrande?
    That apocalypse wasn't that bad. Would you prefer to be consumed by tentacle gods?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Acherus01 View Post
    Only by nutcases. And now you are one of them.
    @Acherus01 be like: "You were the chosen one! You were meant to make great threads, not shitty ones! You were meant to bring balance to the MMO-Champion, not leave it in darkness!"
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's get one thing straight - while Azshara may have done some unsavory things, as far as Warcraft characters go she is nowhere near Gul'dan, Sylvanas or Archimonde levels of evil. Here are some of Azshara's virtuous qualities:
    Archimonde isn't bad either.

1. Azshara pursued knowledge. She turned her palace into a massive research facility and had the Highborne study the Well of Eternity instead of engaging in their usual decadence. During her reign the Night Elves made remarkable breakthroughs in the understanding of leylines, the arcane and teleportation technologies.
    And that makes her great queen already. So many rulers think that conquests is enough for their empires.
    What did Tyrande do during her reign? That's right, she lived in a treehouse until Sylvanas set it on fire and dedicated the Night Elves to the worship of a sky fairy that didn't answer their pleas for help when it mattered the most.
    And abolished thinking. This is important too.
    2. Azshara understood diplomacy. She forged a peace treaty with the Zandalari to stop their incursions into the Night Elven Empire and the peace actually lasted for years.
    Yes.
    What did Tyrande's diplomacy accomplish? She couldn't even get her formal allies to help the Night Elves retake their lands.
    She made peaceful race of green people her enemies.
    3. Azshara tolerated other beliefs. While she may not have liked the Wild Gods, she tolerated them and let them live in peace on Mount Hyjal. And she built Temples of Elune even thought she thought the arcane was the greater power.
    Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she allowed shamanism aswell.
    Tyrande, on the other hand, insulted Velen when he DARED suggest that Elune might be a Naaru even though she herself knows jackshit about Elune. And Velen is actually a lot older, more experienced and most importantly a better leader than her. Malfurion was right. Tyrande really should keep her mouth shut.
    She doesn't want anyone to learn the truth.
    4. Azshara was progressive. Her inner circle consisted of both men and women. Even after her subjects were transformed into the Naga with men having a monstrous appearance and being more suited to melee combat, she still had equal representation in her court.
    Yes. Also, it was possible to advance to highborne caste by work and study.
    Tyrande, on the other hand, took an egalitarian society and turned it sexist with sharply divided gender roles. What the fuck, Tyrande?
    I don't understand why did she do that. I guess she had some complexes.
    5. But most important of all, Azshara cared for her subjects. Not in a benevolent way, but she saw them more as her toys and she didn't want other people hurting them. When push came to shove, she tried to save her empire with her own hands.
    As I am always saying, people care more about their property than other people. That's why Horde shouldn't form a council.
    Tyrande doesn't care for anyone other than Malfurion. When Teldrassil was about to be occupied she convenient left the battlefield. Can you imagine Azshara abandoning her subjects and her capital to the enemy? I sure as hell can't.
    I can. After all, she did that to help Sargeras.
    I look forward to Azshara's redemption story. She should come back as the true queen of the Night Elves and restore them to their former glory. No more Elune worship, no more treehouses, no more hillbilly sexism. The Night Elves will rebuild their empire under Azshara's guidance and become a force to be reckoned with once more.
    I would prefer if she took blood elf leadership. Night elves do not appreciate good leader but thalassians have better taste. Lor'themar is as incompetent as Tyrande and he needs to be replaced.
    Bonus round: Azshara was classy and elegant. For all her ornaments and gems, Tyrande still looks gaudy rather than queenly.
    I disagree. Azshara looked quite slutty, while Tyrande looks regal. Yet then, Azshara doesn't need ornate cloth to look pretty.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Azshara was a pretty garbage person overall, but most royals tend to be that way by default and to be fair until the end she was not a -horrible- ruler. The problem is not that Azshara was bad per say it is that the current crop of Blizz writing and off the rails warchiefs and generic villainy with old gods thrown in just to spice things up has made it so that an arrogant queen who only saw her equal in a world destroying fel titan that she invited to invade the planet does not even rank in the top 10 as for "Bad" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's get one thing straight - while Azshara may have done some unsavory things, as far as Warcraft characters go she is nowhere near Gul'dan, Sylvanas or Archimonde levels of evil. Here are some of Azshara's virtuous qualities:

1. Azshara pursued knowledge. She turned her palace into a massive research facility and had the Highborne study the Well of Eternity instead of engaging in their usual decadence. During her reign the Night Elves made remarkable breakthroughs in the understanding of leylines, the arcane and teleportation technologies.

What did Tyrande do during her reign? That's right, she lived in a treehouse until Sylvanas set it on fire and dedicated the Night Elves to the worship of a sky fairy that didn't answer their pleas for help when it mattered the most.

2. Azshara understood diplomacy. She forged a peace treaty with the Zandalari to stop their incursions into the Night Elven Empire and the peace actually lasted for years.

What did Tyrande's diplomacy accomplish? She couldn't even get her formal allies to help the Night Elves retake their lands.

3. Azshara tolerated other beliefs. While she may not have liked the Wild Gods, she tolerated them and let them live in peace on Mount Hyjal. And she built Temples of Elune even thought she thought the arcane was the greater power.

Tyrande, on the other hand, insulted Velen when he DARED suggest that Elune might be a Naaru even though she herself knows jackshit about Elune. And Velen is actually a lot older, more experienced and most importantly a better leader than her. Malfurion was right. Tyrande really should keep her mouth shut.

4. Azshara was progressive. Her inner circle consisted of both men and women. Even after her subjects were transformed into the Naga with men having a monstrous appearance and being more suited to melee combat, she still had equal representation in her court.

Tyrande, on the other hand, took an egalitarian society and turned it sexist with sharply divided gender roles. What the fuck, Tyrande?

5. But most important of all, Azshara cared for her subjects. Not in a benevolent way, but she saw them more as her toys and she didn't want other people hurting them. When push came to shove, she tried to save her empire with her own hands.

Tyrande doesn't care for anyone other than Malfurion. When Teldrassil was about to be occupied she convenient left the battlefield. Can you imagine Azshara abandoning her subjects and her capital to the enemy? I sure as hell can't.

I look forward to Azshara's redemption story. She should come back as the true queen of the Night Elves and restore them to their former glory. No more Elune worship, no more treehouses, no more hillbilly sexism. The Night Elves will rebuild their empire under Azshara's guidance and become a force to be reckoned with once more.

Bonus round: Azshara was classy and elegant. For all her ornaments and gems, Tyrande still looks gaudy rather than queenly.
    eeeeerm, no. just no. simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara did nothing wrong

Sure she is. Her vanity and arrogance endangered the entire planet. I don't care what twisted idealist Naga you ask, they're as terrible as she was if they also have no grasp on the gravity of the catastrophe she caused. Everything bad that happened to Azeroth can be traced back to the point when she drew Sargeras' attraction to Azeroth; the second war, the third war, Legion, it was all her fault. Countless lives lost because of her idiocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    To be honest, we are unfair. Azshara, Elisande and Kil'jaeden had millenia of good rule. Garrosh, however, ruled for a couple of years. I think we can't judge our raid bosses for just one moment of weakness.
    It doesn't matter how many years of "good rule" if you end up causing most of the deaths of your people. Each one of them led the Burning Legion to their homes.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Posts like these is why people want propaganda, fake news & stuff banned from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Posts like these is why people want propaganda, fake news & stuff banned from the internet.
    Who is going to decide which one is which?

Azshara may not be a terrible person but neither is Donald Trump. My wife is currently at home with my two sons, one of whom is autistic, and that's why I propose a Freedom Dividend of $1,000 a month to every American citizen - if we took a slice out of every Amazon sale, digital transaction and introduced a VAT ontop of actually taxing the trillion dollar businesses that currently pay 0$ in tax, and that might solve our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Who is going to decide which one is which?
    I'd say we can make the determination based on whether or not the majority of us, having looked at her actions from our current position, would choose to live under her rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Not evil doesn't equal not terrible person
    What's the difference? Or rather where do you draw the line between being evil and 'just' terrible?

Yeah no, Azshara was perfectly willing to let her people be butchered by demons.

She is pretty though... For a squid/octopus hybrid whatever... lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    She sided with the most evil forces multiple times, was willing to slaughter her own people and also almost destroyed the planet, thrice now. But sure shes not a terrible person, whatever you say.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

While she did build an amazing empire and as a side effect was a good queen for millennia, it was just lucky coincidence, she has always been horrible.

Ehhhh shes pretty terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the whole demon boogaloo she wasn't a bad person but she sure hell was not a good person she was a horrifically vain bitch and pitted her people against each other....if the demon situation had not intervened then the night elves would've had one hell of a civil war eventually.