Mythic+ Holy Paladin

Hey fellow Paladins

I just recently got my Paladin to 120 and i am planning to start doing m+ mainly as holy.

My gear is not that good yet (around 400 ilvl now) so i thought it would be a good opportunity to start with low keys (+2 to +5) to start and learn the dungeons and everything since i'm not all that much into m+ with my main chars.

Now since i only played a bit and only recently unlocked essences for my neck i wanted to ask a simple question. Is there anything totally necessary for me to keep in mind, to go get (gear or essences etc.) or to learn before i think about pushing higher keys?

If there is i would really like to know, get or learn these things while i'm doing low keys so i am ready to push higher once i'm there.

Thanks in advance for the help!

glimmer of light (GoL) build is very very strong in m+ and probably your best shot. it's very fluid and easy to manage especially in weeks like Quaking or Explosive. like lily demon said, get vision of perfection as major essence slot and you'll shift into avenging wrath very frequently.

when you are in AW your crusader strike resets the cooldown of Holy Shock, so you'll be able to throw a Holy Shock every crusader strike. this allows to put GoL on every person in your group or just to main heal 1 target if they are dropping fast.

i went from around 410 to about 425-427 on my Hpally thru pushing keys specifically. in my opinion what you should aim for is:

- 3 traits of glimmer of light
    - at least 1 trait of light's decree (if you can get it) to increase AW duration by 5 seconds
    - you could go 1 trait of Breaking Dawn but i don't nearly use light of dawn in m+ as i do in raids, so for the mean time i'd skip it
    - personally i would recommend 1 or 2 traits of Divine Revelations because outside of using Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, and Judgment... you will be using FLash of Light as filler and never Holy Light.

as for trinkets, the 2 that drop in Eternal palace are really good.

and for other essences, i -always- use Vision of Perfect in major slot, and in my minors i just toy around with all of the other healing essence combinations.

^ all of the above is my opinion and personal experience. i'm aware there is a more optimal approach/combination to the play style and hopefully a Hpally better than myself chimes in
    Last edited by WraithKingOstarion; 2019-12-29 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not thinking of +20 keys here, but is Holy viable without being a healer that does dmg too? I'm not too keen on the whole melee healer vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm not thinking of +20 keys here, but is Holy viable without being a healer that does dmg too? I'm not too keen on the whole melee healer vibe.
    Yes, of course. But just realize, one of the reasons Holy Paladin is so strong is because of their insane bulk and insane burst dps.
    If you aren't in keys where you are maximizing both of those, they are not particularly strong.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Thanks so much for all replies!

I looked into glimmer and at least from what i'm reading it's probably one of the strongest builds also for raiding. so i guess i'll focus on that.

My issue would be i have only 1 piece with a glimmer trait. I already looked into where they drop so i'm gonna go after those. And of course Mechagon for the essence. Good thing the azerite pieces in there have GoL traits on them.

Does build glimmer build only work with 3 traits or is it still a gain over the other builds even with only one? Or should i play a different build until i have at least 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    Thanks so much for all replies!

I looked into glimmer and at least from what i'm reading it's probably one of the strongest builds also for raiding. so i guess i'll focus on that.

My issue would be i have only 1 piece with a glimmer trait. I already looked into where they drop so i'm gonna go after those. And of course Mechagon for the essence. Good thing the azerite pieces in there have GoL traits on them.

Does build glimmer build only work with 3 traits or is it still a gain over the other builds even with only one? Or should i play a different build until i have at least 3?
    it's still mildy viable with 2 traits. i do not recommend running the build if you only have 1 trait though, but even with 1 trait you could still do low level keys like +2 - +6.

but you definitely want to aim for 3 to maximize the amount of healing the buff does to people when you Holy Shock --other-- people. i personally was running 2 glimmer traits for about 10-12 item levels until i got an upgraded azerite armor piece (420 -> 435) with a 3rd glimmer trait.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    it's still mildy viable with 2 traits. i do not recommend running the build if you only have 1 trait though, but even with 1 trait you could still do low level keys like +2 - +6.

but you definitely want to aim for 3 to maximize the amount of healing the buff does to people when you Holy Shock --other-- people. i personally was running 2 glimmer traits for about 10-12 item levels until i got an upgraded azerite armor piece (420 -> 435) with a 3rd glimmer trait.
    Thanks for the input. Then i think i'll just farm low keys until i have 3 traits. Need the gear anyway.

I'll hijack your thread abit, sorry :>

Have anyone tried holy in m+ on the ptr?
    Is it a noticeable nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post

Is it a noticeable nerf?
    i have not tried it myself but i've talked to people in a Paladin discord who have done the ptr. one person said you can definitely notice the difference but it's not significant enough to be an issue.

From what I've read and heard from people on the ptr, holy paladin will still be in the top tier for m+. Visions will still be our major essence and that is getting buffed, plus with ilvl we will feel stronger again too. There was a good post on questionably epic about the 8.3 changes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post

Is it a noticeable nerf?
    No Problem.

Interesting topic. I was so focused on getting my gear i didn't even think about the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepink01 View Post
    From what I've read and heard from people on the ptr, holy paladin will still be in the top tier for m+. Visions will still be our major essence and that is getting buffed, plus with ilvl we will feel stronger again too. There was a good post on questionably epic about the 8.3 changes too.
    This is good news. At least my effort in getting visions will not be for nothing now.

Is this the post you were talking about?

Zmok who has done some WF +25s on his Druid is going to main Holy Pal for 8.3. So, Ide say its going to be in a good spot next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, even with this second nerf to Glimmer of Light, it is still considered a "minor nerf" by the top end players. Very interesting...

I've recently found new fun, enjoyment and satisfaction with my Holy Paladin. Just about up to 440 item level from doing Heroic EP runs and I can't wait to main it for 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Zmok who has done some WF +25s on his Druid is going to main Holy Pal for 8.3. So, Ide say its going to be in a good spot next season.
    Yea, Madhealz is swapping to paladin aswell so it seems pretty good. I'm not pushing high keys anyway, staying around 15-16ish so it'll be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    No Problem.

Interesting topic. I was so focused on getting my gear i didn't even think about the next patch.

This is good news. At least my effort in getting visions will not be for nothing now.

Is this the pos you were talking about?
    Yes, there's a new guide on there too for 8.3 (i can't add links to posts yet, sorry)
    Jb looks like he's dropping druid for paladin too this tier

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what is holy paladin...