Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Same here. I knew the Azerite system and faction war in BfA would suck anus,and sure enough it did, but I still enjoyed BfA despite those things. Shadowlands I have almost zero hype for. And I love the Death theme, but they literally have no features I'm looking forward to.
    Well, I quit BfA after 8.1 seeing that they weren't really addressing the core issues. The theme of BfA looked interesting at first but turned out to be really bland. Shadowlands' setting on the otherhand looks ridiculous and stupid to begin with. The features are there and sound potentially interesting but it's been literal years since Blizzard has last added anything good in terms of features to the game (at least from point of view).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    separate soulless systems built on systems with zero Warcraft feeling
    That's the core of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, I quit BfA after 8.1 seeing that they weren't really addressing the core issues. The theme of BfA looked interesting at first but turned out to be really bland. Shadowlands' setting on the otherhand looks ridiculous and stupid to begin with. The features are there and sound potentially interesting but it's been literal years since Blizzard has last added anything good in terms of features to the game (at least from point of view).
    I actually feel the opposite, Shadowlands aesthetically looks interesting to me, but aside from it looking pretty, there's nothing for me to sink my teeth into. Covenants will provide no game play whatsoever, they're just zone stories with pretty back transmogs. There's the tower or whatever, but I doubt I'll spend endless hours there grinding. Beyond that, nothing else incites me. In new expansions I look for things like new races or classes, or even class re-works or add ons that provide replay value. Un-pruning to me is not proper class retooling, it's just putting back in what you took out. We're not even getting class re-skins for that added RP value. PVP is still shit. No cross-faction gameplay. It's just meh. Despite all its flaws, I enjoyed BfA so far, the things it provided kept me as a part-time player busy and engaged. The jury is still out if 8.3 and 8.3.5 will keep me subbed until Shadowlands.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am very exited and can't wait but hyped, nah.
    Had too many letdowns (not perse WoW) in the past to get hyped anymore.
    Everything is released as a pre-alpha these days.

im trying to be hyped but i just can't get myself to be excited. not trying to sound hyperbolic, but it better be fucking fantastic or seems to me like the game will actually be toast this time.

Ever go back to an old mmo you used to play a lot, but the player base is clearly dwindling? A lot of current content is focused on solo content w/ cosmetic store items.

Feels like Shadowlands is heading down that path, eventhough Warcraft is still within the top 5 subscribed MMO.
    I am interested in the rogue-lite tower and still like doing Mythic +, nothing about Shadowlands is encouraging me to join a guild for ready again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    I personally am not hyped at all for the new expansion.

I quit wow mid Cata but Legion managed to spark my interest fully. Illidan and the demon hunter class, ashbringer and the artifact weapons, the legion attacking, a character boost for buying the normal game and not some "digital bbq+++ deluxe "version of it, ancient elves instead of alternate reality "orclords of orcnor", profession revamp, mythic + ....

All this generated huge amounts of interest. Shadowlands on the other hand fails to even remotely build up as much hype to me.
    We have
    - the mary sue deus ex machina cinematic
    - 4 new factions (feels more like what chores and dailies do I have to dance around this time to finally have "fun")
    - we see past characters like uther, cenarius and kael'thas
    - No more azerite system. "There's no infinitely grindable system in Shadowlands. We want there to be tons of different things you can do. You can do what you want to do for anima." Its sad that this is the most exciting element they announced from the new expansion for me. I still have my doubts if this isnt just some reskinned azerite system light...

So, what expansion were you hyped the most about before and how hyped/unhyped are you for shadowlands compared to it and why?
    i'm on the fence right now. i don't think bfa has been wod bad but all the controversies sure has me questioning whether i want to support them. i gave them a chance to earn back my trust going into legion and they did so i'm doing the same with shadowlands.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion got me extremely hyped. I quit early Cata, skipped MoP and got excited by WoD but it didnt deliver much beyond good questing experience.

As far as i remember, everyone were high on that after WoD: Freeking Legion, Illidan is back, most of Artifacts looked supercool, just as class campaigns, M+ system seems cool just as WQ.

Its mind boggling to me Blizzard didnt build upon most Legion strengths and instead replaced them with fucked up versions of them in BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post

Sylvanas doesn't fit that bill at all, she was never classified as overpowered until recently and it's the driving point of the plot!
    Wakey wakey, we are discussing "until recently" here.

A character being suddenly overpowered being a "driving point of the plot" LOL

Your definition of a mary sue seems to literally be "an overpowered female"
    A shitty written overpowered character that is nearly invincible, faces barely any consequences and seemingly the story bends around the character than the other way around. Fits sylvanas perfectly.

'Deus Ex Machina" isn't a plot twist either, it's something that resolves a conflict suddenly, unexpectedly, and in a contrived way....and you're suggesting that the shadowlands, which has over a decades worth of foreshadowing and direct referencing, is unexpected and resolves a conflict? This is even funnier than the Mary Sue suggestion since you're saying that the Shadowlands expansion starts by resolving the plot.
    The helm of dominations destruction opening a rift to shadowlands is the deus ex machina part here, not the existance of the shadowlands. This was clear.
    Another absolute failure of your comprehension.

I think your entertainment value to me has been exhausted and you are nearing cringe territory with your struggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally am not hyped at all for the new expansion.
    Me too actually. The biggest hype I get from it is that I finally get to move away from BfA.

Other than that, we get no new classes (which we have been getting every other expansion, so we were due for a new class, disappointed there) and no new races. All we get is more DK races? Grats to the 2% of the playerbase that plays a DK that wants to race change to an Allied race... I'm so happy for you.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You can picture my hype by plotting y=1/x

Not hyped at all. They haven't told anyone anything about the expansion other then cosmetics and some tower. Might not even buy it.

Wakey wakey, we are discussing "until recently" here.

A character being suddenly overpowered being a "driving point of the plot" LOL
    I can't understand how you didn't understand this, like at all. Her power is the main point of the plot that drives from the end of BfA and into the shadowlands. It's specifically mentioned and questioned in the dialogue when she first uses it. Again, a Mary Sue isn't simply a character that is overpowered. I think you should look this one up before trying to further defend your point.

A shitty written overpowered character that is nearly invincible, faces barely any consequences and seemingly the story bends around the character than the other way around. Fits sylvanas perfectly.
    So here we can kind of go over what I just mentioned, the 'shitty writing' is in regards to a character that has gone through death and rebirth multiple times, given up all hope and been scared into clinging to undeath, a failed leader of the horde, and now enemy of the living....she's overpowered and has faced almost no consequences? Do you think Sylvanas was only recently introduced in the ice crown cinematic?

The helm of dominations destruction opening a rift to shadowlands is the deus ex machina part here, not the existance of the shadowlands. This was clear.
    Another absolute failure of your comprehension.
    Deus ex machina refers to resolving of a seemingly impossible problem in a contrived manner. (second time I'm saying this)

For example when Batman has shark repellent in his utility belt when he was initially flying his plane in order to resolve the issue of the shark biting his leg.

Or pretty much anything Yugi Mata does in a d-d-d-d-duel in Yu-Gi-Oh!

So which seemly impossible problem was solved with the breaking of the helm of domination? (The problem of where the next expansion is going to take place is not the right answer)

So yeah.....cringe indeed.
    Last edited by Mashanerz; 2019-12-28 at 09:49 PM.

Not as hyped as Legion. Probably similar level hype as BfA. I am expecting better but with blizzard you never know.

More than i was for battle for azeroth for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    You 'got to ask'? Have you really grown so senile you dont remember anything? I'll remind you of a couple of things. Inscription. Wintergrasp. New talents and abilities for God's sake. Oh and let's not forget what, 8 or 9 zones? Not even counting wintergrasp here!

So even with your halfwit absurd 'other than DK' that expansion was miles better.

And why should I ignore DKs anyway? They were the staple of the expansion. Shadowblands is just a big patch by Wotlk standards
    i got to ask bcs if you check wotlk reveal it tried to show "new item,s monsters, dungeons" as expansion features... so no, they dont show the best, they show whatever they want, and some features still dont make it into game (aerial combat, dance studio) so judging expansion by reveal is complete nonsense...
    i didnt say you should ignore DK (hell im DK main, and im sad there is no new class) just saying the shadowlands reveal dont really seem that shitty in comparison, hell from the 4 things you chose 2 (zones, abilities) ARE in shadowlands and we got that tower (which i think will beat wintergrasp but that is just personal opinion)...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    The cinematic alone was enough for many people. It is still the best in my opinion.
    im not saying it isnt, just saying people bitch about shadowlands and fail to remember that "new features" of wotlk reveal were zones, items, dungeons, monsters, and BARBER SHOP

A lot more than BFA, but I played BFA for maybe two weeks and haven't touched it since.

Not sure if Blizzard can get the magic back with their consistent blundering (for me). I'll probably try it again at the start and if I don't see good class and spec design back, a better talent design and less disposable systems I'm likely to not bother.

fuck this waterworld shit. bring on shadowlands

Honestly not at all.

More than BFA, maybe not as much as Legion. But that's because I played Warcraft 3 and really like the Legion as antagonists. I'm still salty Blizzard decided to blow through the Burning Legion in one expansion.

Not hyped at all.

Don't like theme and don't like announced features (now with even more grind!!).
    Sorry for my english!