Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I wonder if this means Jackman will play Wolverine in future films or if this is the only one. If the latter then you can expect a rather hilarious death scene
    Seems unlikely he'll do it forever, but who knows.

I'd wager it's more like DP and W get sucked into the MCU, multiversal buddy comedy. With an R rating, of course.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    MY bet is =1]Like Sony's Spider-Man films...the Fox films will be canon...to that universe.
    That would mean no dark phoenix story, i'm not cool with that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice

/10ch
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm very cool with that. Fox mangled Dark Phoenix twice. Hopefully, either the MCU decides to just ignore it...or they approach it with a much better concept than the previous two attempts.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Still think they missed a trick by replacing Stan Lee Cameo's with Deadpool Cameo's.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

All the wishes for a good movie.
    Though I must say I found DP2 to be very much inferior and tame when compare to DP1, I think I even dozed off during DP2.

- - - Updated - - -

It all makes sense now!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    All the wishes for a good movie.
    Though I must say I found DP2 to be very much inferior and tame when compare to DP1, I think I even dozed off during DP2.

It all makes sense now!
    oh man that is just too much. can someone put me into cryo sleep or something til this movie comes out please? guessing we'll be seeing lots and lots of Logan references. also if the movie comes out before Logan then for obvious reasons no X-23
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-09-28 at 01:27 PM.

Please, for the love of god, do not let Taika anywhere near this. Sick of them letting him play with their toys without caring about them at all. Ryan can make Deadpool funny without him and Taika brings nothing else.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Please, for the love of god, do not let Taika anywhere near this. Sick of them letting him play with their toys without caring about them at all. Ryan can make Deadpool funny without him and Taika brings nothing else.
    he's not mentioned on IMDB; from what I can see the writers from the first 2 films are returning, and obviously Reynolds himself writes a bit of it. couple of new names on the writing staff, looks like they did most of their work on Bob's Burgers and The Great North

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about this, I'm thinking if they went with a future X-Men, post Phoenix saga, using the multiverse incursion to bring in the team it could work.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I have Jitterbug stuck in my head.

damn you Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Now I have Jitterbug stuck in my head.

damn you Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman
    that song will almost definitely appear in the movie too, I reckon

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Thinking about this, I'm thinking if they went with a future X-Men, post Phoenix saga, using the multiverse incursion to bring in the team it could work.
    in wandavision, wanda's 'other' brother shows up, n then its said he's not her real brother, same actor as fox x-men, so......... according to disney, dark phoenix hasn't happened, so they could do their own version i hopes..

So, Logan or anything has never actually happened, at least in the disney universe.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    in wandavision, wanda's 'other' brother shows up, n then its said he's not her real brother, same actor as fox x-men, so......... according to disney, dark phoenix hasn't happened, so they could do their own version i hopes..

So, Logan or anything has never actually happened, at least in the disney universe.

ah good old Ralph Bohner. as far as universes/timelines go, I am assuming that the Fox universe is separate to the main MCU one. as for timelines, do we actually know when Deadpool was set? because Deadpool 2 has McAvoy's Professor X in it, which would put that movie at around the 1980-1990 mark. could be reading too much into it, and probably am, but I don't remember any specific dates in the first 2 Deadpool movies.

Of course not...they don't even exist in the MCU yet. And Logan wouldn't have happened yet regardless... it's set in 2029.

- - - Updated - - -

ah good old Ralph Bohner. as far as universes/timelines go, I am assuming that the Fox universe is separate to the main MCU one. as for timelines, do we actually know when Deadpool was set? because Deadpool 2 has McAvoy's Professor X in it, which would put that movie at around the 1980-1990 mark. could be reading too much into it, and probably am, but I don't remember any specific dates in the first 2 Deadpool movies.
    Deadpool is what one might call an "unreliable narrator".. there are multiple inconsistencies in Deadpool 1 and 2 (when taken as a part of the X-Men series). Deadpool is supposed to take place in "modern" time.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I wonder if this means Jackman will play Wolverine in future films or if this is the only one. If the latter then you can expect a rather hilarious death scene
    I imagine that the only reason this is happening is because of Ryan and Hugh's bromance. Unless they buddy up again in Deadpool 4 I would not expect Jackman to play Wolverine in any other future films.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine that the only reason this is happening is because of Ryan and Hugh's bromance. Unless they buddy up again in Deadpool 4 I would not expect Jackman to play Wolverine in any other future films.
    This.

Its Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds - they can blow the entire 'canon' and MCU plans out of the water with whatever the events in the movie and it would be entirely "on character" for Deadpool as well as erased by a five second 4th wall break at the end-scene credits where they go "Surprise - Alternate Universe!" and erase any possible effect on anything 'canon' (if they felt the need to do that much to 'clear' themselves with whatever they do to the story that doesn't "fit").

Would be awesome (IMO) if it was MORE than that, and it did serve to help bring DP or Xmen or whomever, into the 'main marvel' universe but I'm not going to "look" for that in this movie.

I'm going to "look" for exactly what they are presenting - a "fan-service" fun movie for something they, and the fans, have wanted to do. Canon be damned.

Anyone looking for any "serious" canon advancement or canon-impacting changes (for future MCU or X-men movies, or to rewrite already established movie 'canon') needs to check their Deadpool source movies. These movies aren't "serious" like that. They COULD be, but we have no real information to establish that idea or 'goal' yet.

(I mean I realize, legally, there are limitations here but if the 'decision makers' are smart they will give these two free reign to do whatever they want and excuse it all off-timeline later on if there's a need.)

*Insert Fry "Shut up and take my money" Meme here*

I mean I would watch these two arm wrestle while reading their grocery lists and I'd be entertained, so I get my bar is low .
    Last edited by Koriani; 2022-09-28 at 09:53 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'd be ok with that. Would be a great final film for the Jackman version of Wolverine

Id be happy with a Deadpool and Spider-man team up for DP4

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    Id be happy with a Deadpool and Spider-man team up for DP4
    Uh, no thx, that wholesome little twerp wouldn't fit in...