Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW has been dying since end WOTLK.
    Nothing new. It just gonna hit lower and lower numbers each expansion.
    To the point that WoW is just a normal MMORPG like the rest.

They have their oldskool status that keeps WoW so mighty. But nowadays WoW is a joke, so obv it is close to dead.
    It sold record copies with BFA and is more profitable than ever. There have been devs added making the team even bigger than during Legion.

Your kind have been spouting the same inane shit for over a degade and never been correct. Some people must get a kick out of not utilizing their evolutionary gift of logical reasoning. Even as someone not enjoying the game atm, it is plain to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It sold record copies with BFA and is more profitable than ever. There have been devs added making the team even bigger than during Legion.

Your kind have been spouting the same inane shit for over a degade and never been correct. Some people must get a kick out of not utilizing their evolutionary gift of logical reasoning. Even as someone not enjoying the game atm, it is plain to see.
    LOL most games sold in an era where it is easy to get an copy of the game just like that online.
    Back in 2004 days u had to go to the store etc. Sorry but it is a proven fact that WoW is on a big decline even if it is more profitable then ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

WoW is closing in on it's 2nd decade, if you think about it most of the people who started this game are now adults and don't have time to spend on it anymore.

If you add to that the fact that the game isn't bringing in much new blood due to the new gens not enjoying mmos then it's obvious the numbers will keep going down over time until the revenue is no longer able to cover the costs and that's when the game will either go F2P or stopped completely and the model is shifted to the classic expansion releases ( TBC/ wotlk and onward in hopes of grabbing some extra cash that way).

Given the stats and the recent numbers being at or below a million playerbase worldwide for BFA recently, I'd say the threshold for said shift given the current model should be somewhere around 200k subs, anything below that will result in a shift to the nearest viable cashcow model ( classic), given the rate at which this is going I'd say 2 more expansions before we hit that mark.

From a business perspective, WoW being blizzard's main cash cow will pose issues for the company as the company has failed to bring about a new star product ( since most of their other products kinda suck right now ), if they aren't able to produce a new hit game within the next 5 years blizzard will undoubtedly be consumed by activision and dissolved.

I know this might be some harsh truth for those who are still living in their bubble but once you think about it from the business standpoint you can see the current model isn't sustainable.

Blizzard's fatal mistake has always been their stubbornness to sticking with a model that is too casual and devoid of depth,the absolute opposite of how their games started out as.

This is a typical demonstration of big companies failing as they grow over time since their products become increasingly shittier due to the sales and marketing department moving up the ranks within the company faster than the devs can, which will inevitably shift the interest into greed rather than making a better product, which causes them to lose touch with their playerbase, as has been the case for quite a few years.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-12-28 at 05:30 PM.

fear i smell fear,when anyone so much as whispers the thought of wow ending,free tip,grow up and get something else in your life before wow really does end,that way it will ease the loss,i still play but im well aware it will come to an end but have several other intrests in my life.

In some ways I think BFA hurt WoW more than WoD did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    No, it is not. Same as all the other tens of thousands of times that someone posed this question during the past 15 years.

Next.
    This is the only acceptable answer, until the game actually does die and Blizzard flips the switch on the last server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    fear i smell fear,when anyone so much as whispers the thought of wow ending,free tip,grow up and get something else in your life before wow really does end,that way it will ease the loss,i still play but im well aware it will come to an end but have several other intrests in my life.
    It's not fear.

It's the simple fact that there have been "WoW is dying" threads here and on other forums since 2004.
    Putin khuliyo

big decline
    more profitable then ever
    That's the absolute worst sort of decline for the company, right?

The US server population has been significantly less than other regions for quite some time now. I first noticed the difference and decline back in 2016 when the Warcraft movie barely lasted 3 weeks in theaters. Meanwhile, the Warcraft movie numbers were much better in the EU (about average) and huge in China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    That's the absolute worst sort of decline for the company, right?
    If it used to have 10M active users and now 1M but it has more profit. Then the company will not give a fuck.
    Pretty sure the playerbase does.

Unless you are happy about Blizzard earning more money then before. Because that is just sad.

WoW is in a big ass decline don't denie that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    Mature people do not tend to preach about maturity to others whilst defending falsaries.

Opposing blatant stupidity that has not proven correct in 15 years does not mean that the person has No other hobbies than WoW.

The facts are: BfA sold record copies, the game grows profits, the dev team has been increased, there are more expansions in development.

The game is not dead nor dying in any of the continents where it has a foothold. And to people saying that WoW players have grown up, here is another fact: The playerbase was always made up by a majority of adults.

My attention is not with WoW atm, but I am proud of the fact that I never descended to the level of common haters being content with being wrong for decades on end.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-12-28 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it used to have 10M active users and now 1M but it has more profit. Then the company will not give a fuck.

Unless you are happy about Blizzard earning more money then before. Because that is just sad.

Where did you read that WoW specifically is more profitable now than before? IIRC the last earningscall they said Activision Blizzard is more profitable, and WoW isn't exactly the only IP.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Was just looking at some realm pop sites, and was surprised to see how low the US realm active player pop was, lower than EU and even Korea - remembered that the movie flopped in the US , but was a much bigger hit outside it.

Can blizzard no longer capture American gamers with Warcraft??
    1. Realm pop sites sent accurate.
    2.the movie was a hit in China cause they love it there and they love fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Happens every period of an expansion lull in between latter patches. If it was dying, they wouldn't be investing money and resources into a new expansion for a dying game.
    Yes they would, as it would be the only way to make money from that game outside of micro transactions. SWTOR says hi, the game is lingering on a 1000 population and yet still they release updates....fixes....expansions
    Still an amazing game, except unlike wow SWTOR has replay value, unless blizzard started releasing TBC/wotlk servers, swtor has the best single player in the MMO verse

The latest quarterly report didn't show any decline.

You have been using the word for years now, through expansion release and positive quarterly report alike. You are like a broken record, and unlike a watch, they ain't even correct twice a day....

Making bigger profits with a marginally different revenue model does not compute with perpetual decline. But we already know that you ain't a fan of sound reasoning.

ABSOLUTELY! This is the DEDEST game that's ever been DEDEST. DED GAME DED GENRE DED FRANCHISE DED GNOMES DED AZERITE

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yes they would, as it would be the only way to make money from that game outside of micro transactions. SWTOR says hi, the game is lingering on a 1000 population and yet still they release updates....fixes....expansions
    Still an amazing game, except unlike wow SWTOR has replay value, unless blizzard started releasing TBC/wotlk servers, swtor has the best single player in the MMO verse
    Replay value is subjective for sure, but with 50 characters I cant help but chuckle at the sentiment of WOW not having Replay value...

And they simply could not maintain the dev team size on 1000 players for WoW. Maintenance mode or even shutdown would be a fact.
    Something that should have happened 6 years ago if going by Gimlix's "logic".

I always got the impression in recent years a significant portion of the western userbase is playing in countries like Sweden and Germany. You check most diehard players locations even on here and a lot of them are from those regions of europe. Maybe its just a case of US has the ageing userbase that dont use forums and social media as much and it has less new blood from younger people compared to eu?

Probably has more to do with Americans being more fickle with their time and being quicker to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    EU has always had a stronger wow playerbase.
    Three posts to start ridiculous nationalist nonsense. I think that's a new record for MMO-C.

OT: WoW has been dying since the day it was released. This is a pointless topic.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Three posts to start ridiculous nationalist nonsense. I think that's a new record for MMO-C.
    How is that nationalist nonsense? I played classic until mid wotlk in Europe then the following 10 years in the United States and he is absolutely right. In Europe especially countries such as Germany/Switzerland teenagers have more money to spend,more free time, a safer life and gaming is way more popular/connected than in the United States.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-12-28 at 06:28 PM.