Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

How Long Until Pay To Win Happens?

As stated in Title. How long now until they offer official Box gear boost or the likes? "For 19.99 Get 450 Raid ready items" You need flask? For 5.99 get 200!

I for one hope it does not but if it does how far out do you think we are from this reality.

42 years, 3 months, 8 days and 32 minutes from this post.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

bout the same time as they make essences accountwide....

Idk, it's always been "right around the corner guys srsly!!" for over a decade now. I'd say give it another decade.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

According to the forum it happened with the sparkle pony

Lolz just wondering with every one stating that they are forcing use to buy tokens. That this is a money grab. If this is true whats next and when.

People already say its P2W because "YoU CaN BUy BoOSts iN MytHICs!!!111".

I for one dont think they will ever have p2w since it would ruin their whole model completely.

So... short answer. Never!

Selling gear and materials for real money would completely destroy the games economy, so hopefully never.

You can just buy tokens to get mythic gear as well as carries. It's already pay to win without Blizzard directly providing it. Blizz gets an additional $5 arbitrage for each token exchange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Lolz just wondering with every one stating that they are forcing use to buy tokens. That this is a money grab. If this is true whats next and when.
    'forcing us to buy tokens' When did this happen?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they go p2w in a sub based game they will be driving nails into the coffin lid, so I doubt they would be that stupid unless they're doing this some time before the stop developing/shut down WoW.

I don't see it happening.

What I do see happening, perhaps, are new Allied Races showing up in the store, with essentially useless racials so nobody has a coronary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Some people seem to think because the long neck mount is going to the BMAU in SL that they're "forcing" people to buy tokens to sell for gold to buy the mount before it goes away

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Supposedly that's the reason the Longboi's moving to the BMAH, to fOrCe people to buy tokens...

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't WoW been pay-to-win since Classic?
    I remember a vivid community of people accepting in-game gold (and other payment methods) for carries through raids back in vanilla all the way through MoP (it started to wane in WoD as the population thinned a bit).
    I'm sure it's still out there and thriving, especially with the WoW token replacing the gold farming sites.

"everyone"

Tomorrow. My father works as a security guard for Ion's cats and he told me that.

About same time you lose your virginity. Hell will be frozen before that.

Considering you can buy WoW gold and for WoW gold you can buy boost, it's already pay to win, altough indirectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the fact is that not everyone is stating they are being forced to buy tokens. It's a lie is what it is. No one is forced to ever buy a token for any reason.

Pay to win? The game may go free-to-play someday. It's not likely any time soon and by the time it does it won't matter much. Others have said the game has been on the slippery slope to pay-to-win for years now. That's some slope if it takes years to get down it.

Basically it's a stupid thing to say. It's just not true in any factual way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."