Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    god damn bfa sucked ass. legion just made me think about how much time i wasted on this stupid game.
    Last edited by Proper Ninja; 2019-12-29 at 01:43 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolo Bobbins View Post
    Yes indeed. There's nothing wrong turning the game into a job, if you enjoy it.
    But turning it into a job is a choice you make, as you're making above. That's fine. It's your call.

    But it's also your call to jump off the hamster wheel if you don't enjoy it anymore.
    I enjoy having a raid spot, Having a raid spot requires certain things.. So you can't stop doing those things just because you don't enjoy them, because then you lose the raid spot.. the thing you enjoy.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I enjoy having a raid spot, Having a raid spot requires certain things.. So you can't stop doing those things just because you don't enjoy them, because then you lose the raid spot.. the thing you enjoy.
    Yeah, so you enjoy having a job in a videogame. That's cool. If you're into that sort of thing.
    Different strokes for different folks - but as long as you enjoy it, it's fine. The minute you start crying in the forums of "being forced to have this second job", you should really evaluate your life choices.

  4. #84
    Mount farmers obviously

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolo Bobbins View Post
    Yeah, so you enjoy having a job in a videogame. That's cool. If you're into that sort of thing.
    Different strokes for different folks - but as long as you enjoy it, it's fine. The minute you start crying in the forums of "being forced to have this second job", you should really evaluate your life choices.
    I don't think you understand, or rather i don't think you can understand. I will stop trying to explain it to you. Have a good day.

  6. #86
    It targets extremely casual people who want to log in and always have something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Beta testers?
    But Blizzard don’t eveb listen to the free feedback of beta testers. So many people anticipated the problems with Azerite gear but Blizzard still chose to ignore it.

  8. #88
    I agree completely this expansion was very grindy. The story wasn't very fun either. The next expansion looks much better for casuals like myself. I hope they remember the less casual as well though. its nice to have something for everybody.

  9. #89
    People with a compulsion disorder to collect everything, both factions, like me!

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I enjoy having a raid spot, Having a raid spot requires certain things.. So you can't stop doing those things just because you don't enjoy them, because then you lose the raid spot.. the thing you enjoy.
    Obviously, at some point the cost of doing the things you don't enjoy outweighs the positives from the thing you do enjoy.

    What's happened to me is that the time it takes to do the things I don't enjoy takes up 90% of the time I would have to play, so then there's no point in playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I don't think you understand, or rather i don't think you can understand. I will stop trying to explain it to you. Have a good day.
    I understand more than well. I've been part of progression guilds. You'll understand as well once the "job" part actually beings to overshadow the "fun" part. But until then - up and at it

  12. #92
    Can we change this thread title to crying echo chamber, cause thats what it is.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is no logic in a childish insult, Its just you spewing toxic shit because your argument failed.

    Its ok to be wrong and admit when you are, that is called being a adult.
    No there is no logic in saying "because you insulted someone, you lose the argument".

    If I say "the sky is blue" and you say "in my opinion it is green" and I call you a retard for it, that doesn't make me lose the argument. Facts don't change just because someone is being rude.

  14. #94
    Dreadlord Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    829
    Actually the Warfront elite sets are awesome if you play a night elf human orc or undead

    I agree that the tier sets are utter garbage xD

    For casuals like me it’s actually quite a good expansion
    I don’tcare if my alts have a crap necklace or essences
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Qil | Licht | Durst | Wut | Emerelle
    + many more (only night and void elves plus some draenei)

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Expansion is too grindy for casuals (has been improved a little bit though).

    Essence system makes it terrible for alts.

    “Required” content like IEs were far too mundane for hardcore players.

    Lack of tier sets was bad for xmog.

    Gearing progression is screwed up. You get a lot of pieces all at once and then it can take forever to get an upgrade. BIS is essentially dead.

    Seriously, BFA’s target audience may very well be people who like to make spreadsheets or run endless sims on raid bots.
    BFA target audience: Clingers

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    If you feel obligated to play a game then your relationship with that said game is probably unhealthy. Perhaps you should consider leaving WOW and playing games that do not feel like work?
    What does that even mean, obligated to play the game? I wanna play the game. The issue is that the new stuff isn't fun to do. It's not fun to do the raid every week just so I can gather my items until I finally have enough together after weeks to upgrade my essence. It's not fun to have to do rep with Mechagon on every character just to get the essence I want. It's certainly not fun to do rep to max just to get the upgraded essences on every character. It's not a matter of feeling obligated to do it, but a matter of wanting to get it, but hating the activity associated with it because Blizzard is incapable of creating compelling content around it, and can only create repetitive, uninspired tasks to absorb the player's time. That's all it is. It's just something that is designed to waste the player's time. And people like you whiteknighting for Blizzard because you love Blizzard so much is not a good thing. Grow up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Are you comparing actual power increasing things with purely visual cosmetics?

    Love the irony of you telling people to use their brain. Quality.
    Essences increase your power. Done with this thread now, you're clearly all incapable of having a discussion.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Seriously, BFA’s target audience may very well be people who like to make spreadsheets or run endless sims on raid bots.
    yeah its what happens when hardcore pve nerds take charge

  18. #98
    Collectors are probably having a blast, I don't really see who else this game could be targeted for. The raiding scene seems to be dying, they haven't done much for PvP, there is to much boring repetitive world content. It feels like people still play out of habit.

  19. #99
    galaxy brain ion: "if we time gate everything people will be forced to keep playing until they get the stuff they want"
    people: *cancel sub*
    ion: "damn, it turns out they had another choice"

  20. #100
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    BFA target audience: Clingers
    True. Admittedly, I am one of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •