Unable to trade caged pets.

I have a metric ton of pets I don't use and they refuse to sell for anything worth my time. I have so many pets I have to cage them and send them to a pet bank alt just to hold the pets.
    I figured I would give them away to anyone that wanted them, but every time I try it says that I cannot trade a pet to a player that wasn't there for the original drop of the pet. It doesn't matter what pet it was or when I caged it, I cannot seem to trade any of my caged pets. Is there something obvious I am doing wrong?

It probably means what it says. The player can't get the pet because he wasn't around when it dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerus View Post
    I have a metric ton of pets I don't use and they refuse to sell for anything worth my time. I have so many pets I have to cage them and send them to a pet bank alt just to hold the pets.
    I figured I would give them away to anyone that wanted them, but every time I try it says that I cannot trade a pet to a player that wasn't there for the original drop of the pet. It doesn't matter what pet it was or when I caged it, I cannot seem to trade any of my caged pets. Is there something obvious I am doing wrong?
    If they create a level 1 on your realm you can trade it to them.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you add the pets to your collection tab and then put them in a new cage? You have to do that before you can trade them.

In addition, some pets simply can't be traded at all.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Any pet you collect via an open world battle - you can't trade.

Most pets that are drops or purchased - can be traded, but not in the form you buy them in. You first have to learn the pet, then cage it.

Any caged pet or any other item cannot be traded off your server... so as someone else mentioned get them to make a level 1 and give it to them to learn.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing it's an error due to trying to trade with someone not on your realm.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Did you add the pets to your collection tab and then put them in a new cage? You have to do that before you can trade them.
    I am. Most of them are the "Raiding with Leashes" pets and the others are the pets from The Eternal Palace. As a big transmog whore with A LOT of alts, these pets are now major annoyance.

Are you trading with people from other realms...?
    If so, they can make a level one on your realm to trade.

IF they are on your realm and you cannot trade, it is probably due to the message you are getting about raid drop rules.

They should really consider whether the pets are rare enough drops, considering how they overflow the market...

It's kind of silly to cage a pet then mail it. Just cage it on your alt. As for trading, you haven't answered the realm questions. If you want to trade to someone on another realm, make a level 1 there first, then cage the pet.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Get the addon called Autocage. Log on your alt you want them on and then type
    Code:
    /autocage cage
    . It'll then go through and cage all of your duplicate pets and leave you with 1 of each.

Caged pets are always tradeable and have nothing to do with if they were there or not. If you are getting that error its because you are trying to trade them the dropped version and not a caged version.

Lastly, in order to trade they must be on your realm. If they aren't, or linked, then you can't. In order to trade them you will need to make a toon on their server, or they one on yours, and then you can trade them.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-01-10 at 06:13 PM.