Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Questions about your transmog preferences

So I recently decided to make a youtube channel focusing on transmog, and I'd like to know what preferences other players have.

Do you transmog?
    Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both?
    Do you prefer sets that were designed to match, or custom made sets?
    Does the value/rarity play a part in your transmog preferences?
    Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost?
    Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets?

I do transmog.
    I like sets that were designed to match, whether it's flashy or basic.
    Rarity doesn't matter to me.
    I farm everything myself.
    I choose weapons that fit the set, and frequently ignore cloaks/helm.

I'm using the Blizzcon Yeti xmog for a while now on all my chars. I prefer full sets over handpicking each piece.

As far as obtaining xmog goes, I do both AH scanning and farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I'm using the Blizzcon Yeti xmog for a while now on all my chars. I prefer full sets over handpicking each piece.

As far as obtaining xmog goes, I do both AH scanning and farming.
    My gf will scan the AH and literally buy any transmog appearance she doesn't have as long as it's under 1000g. Edit: Without actually looking at the item's appearance lol.
    Last edited by Autowand; 2020-01-23 at 10:56 PM.

I try and follow a theme for the class as much as possible, or a colour theme around a specific items colour.

For my Druid I currently have the their shoulders from vanilla which were the tree branches and leaves etc and for the helm I have the antlers helm from vanilla and I focus around those two items and go from there mostly with the legion artefact for the Druid or the staff that blooms flowed and leaves along it.

My DK is as close to a frost themed DK I can get with matching legion artefact in a frost theme.

It all goes on similar to that. Something thematic to the class is my preferred basis though

I do a mix of everything, really. Some characters wear a specific Tier set that I think matches their race/class the best. Others (usually the characters I did them with) wear their Challenge Mode sets + CM Weapons that match.

Others I exclusively use my own custom sets for. My favourite right now for my main (Vulpera female hunter) is the top tier Darkshore Mail set, but with the headpiece switched for the Mythic Nighthold Hunter headpiece. I love this combo!

You'll never see me dress up a DK in Paladin look-alike pieces, or a warlock in a priest set though. Ever. I always stick with what works for the class.

I'm also a fan of the class/spec identity transmogs. I'm currently playing an arcane mage and love the T4 mage set. I've been leaning more towards spec identity over class identity though. Healing on a paladin, I tend to go more towards the "healing light" visuals vs. playing ret and having more of a "battle hardened" transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Autowand View Post
    Do you transmog?
    Yes. On every single character from creation to endgame. Yay for heirlooms making sure I CAN mog early!

Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both?
    Sets, regardless or origin. Raid, Dungeon, PVP, racial armors, it's all the same to me.

95% premade sets, like you would find in the Set tab. For a few of the older ones, the off-tier colours are actually better for me than the main colours. Think purple T2 paladin or red T8 priest. I rarely mix and match my own stuff, but it does happen.

No. What I like matters more than what others think.

Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost?
    I run my own instances. Most AH mogs are far too expensive for what I think they're worth to me.

Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets?
    Both. For Disc priest, I like one of the hidden artifact skins that is sort of red, and I combine that with the previously mentioned red version of T8. For my DK, my blood mog is the fiery T11 set with Sulfuras. Most of the time it's armor first, weapon later, but depending on which type of weapon I have, it's weapon first. Damn you Wands (pun intended ) for being mog limited!
    Last edited by Throwme; 2020-01-23 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Damn you Wands (pun intended ) for being mog limited!
    Blizzard needs to find a way to allow casters to mog weapons more freely. They would need to normalize weapon auto attacks so that it, say, attacks every 2-3 seconds with damage based on weapon damage and attack speed, and maybe give all casters a generic wand (similar to fishing without a fishing pole) and maybe add an auto attack animation while holding a wand. It really sucks that we're limited like this all because of abilities that have almost no use.

Blizzard needs to find a way to allow casters to mog weapons more freely.
    Unfortunately, the limitation is because Wands are ranged. The only ones that can use Wands are clothies and the only Ranged weapons a clothie can use, are wands. So there are no options and no way around it. Allowing us to mog to a sword/mace while still being able to attack at range doesn't make sense. Dagger could be seen as the good old Throwing Dagger, but tell that to Xal'atath. She's not very..... aerodynamic if you get what I mean

Unfortunately, the limitation is because Wands are ranged. The only ones that can use Wands are clothies and the only Ranged weapons a clothie can use, are wands. So there are no options and no way around it. Allowing us to mog to a sword/mace while still being able to attack at range doesn't make sense. Dagger could be seen as the good old Throwing Dagger, but tell that to Xal'atath. She's not very..... aerodynamic if you get what I mean
    We can fish without a fishing pole, they could give us the ability to wand without holding a wand.

7+ Year Old Account
    I totally want Xal as thowing dagger option for wands .... now! NOOOOOW! *_*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1. Do you transmog?
    2. Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both?
    3. Do you prefer sets that were designed to match, or custom made sets?
    4. Does the value/rarity play a part in your transmog preferences?
    5. Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost?
    6. Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets?
    1. I love transmogrification.
    2. It depends on the character, but generally somewhere in the middle.
    3. I mix and match, but how much differs. Some sets I make are completely custom made. Others change a detail or two of an existing set.
    4. I go pretty far in pursuit of items I desire for my ideal transmog set. But it's really about appearance.
    5. While I do farm for items, BoE ones I get from the AH. I buy everything there that's 500g or less that I have yet to collect.
    6. I tend to pick weapons and cloak based on the style of the character and their armor. So, second option.

Bonus info: While I do use parts of old and simple sets often, I am quite in love with all the new 3d art assets that Blizzard uses for belts and other armor pieces now. So that does shift belts, boots and gloves into favoring recent sets. I'm also somewhat of a fan anyway, of trying to find new parts that suit my existing sets, when I can. It feels nice to update the look a little to fit the current content, when I see an opportunity.

Do you transmog? : Yes I do... quite a bit actually.
    Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both? : A mix of both.
    Do you prefer sets that were designed to match, or custom made sets? : I like both, I especially like when I can make a cohesive custom set.
    Does the value/rarity play a part in your transmog preferences? : Not at all. It's all about the aesthetic appeal to me.
    Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost? : Varies based on cost. I buy what's cheap and farm what's not.
    Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets? : I choose a weapon I like that best matches the outfit. With the addition of the Wraithchill weapon illusion, I have made outfits based around it since it colors the entire weapon and gives me more freedom in weapon choice. It's the closest thing to a dye system we have right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Do you transmog? Yes.
    Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both? Depends on the toon.
    Do you prefer sets that were designed to match, or custom made sets? Matching, I have a few I made custom sets for, but it is mostly matching.
    Does the value/rarity play a part in your transmog preferences? Nope, I transmog to what I feel suits the character. I have several sets to look like a Blood Knight on my Paladin.
    Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost? Depends on my mood more than anything else.
    Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets? The weapon is decided after the rest, and most of my mogs hid the cloack unless there is a good one that fits.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Do you transmog?
    Yes, it's one my of my main activities in the game.
    I tend to prefer more down-to-earth sets.
    Custom made. My favorite transmogs I ever came up with have very few pieces that belong to the same set.
    Somewhat. I'll often make an effort to include unavailable/rare items on my transmogs, but only if it looks good.
    Varies.
    It varies. I can start with a piece of gear I really like and build around it, or start with a theme or concept. While I like cloaks, I'll often end up not using them due to the terrible clipping.

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you transmog? Yes
    Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both? Depends on the set, mostly minimal.
    Do you prefer sets that were designed to match, or custom made sets? Matching is nice, but not totally necessary.
    Does the value/rarity play a part in your transmog preferences? For certain pieces, but not an entire set.
    Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost? My transmog library is massive, mostly self-obtained.
    Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets? Weapon is usually the 'off' piece of my transmog.
    I no longer play WoW, but here ya go.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

I prefer something that fits my character's class AND race.

I try my best to have something that fits the character's race and class.
    Examples: My blood elf paladin doesn't wear spiky Horde sets. My orc hunter wears a mix of draenor/outland gear. My draenei priest is decked out in a mix of outland/Argus gear.

Oooh, a transmog channel! Do let me know about it when you upload a video so I can subscribe.

- Do you transmog?
    I do, I do, a lot. I have a couple sets I rely on but I try to make sets for each patch to try and keep it fresh.

- Do you prefer the flashy sets from raids, or the more tame green quality transmogs, or a mix of both?
    A mix of both, depending on the character.

- Do you prefer sets that were designed to match, or custom made sets?
    I try to make some custom-made sets.

- Does the value/rarity play a part in your transmog preferences?
    Not really, but I do prefer sets that aren't seen a lot. Like, I wouldn't transmog my lock in the warlock tier6, for example.

- Do you farm your own BoE transmog items, buy them from other players (AH/trade), or varies depending on the cost?
    A little bit of both - if the price isn't astronomical I buy it.

- Do you transmog your gear based on a weapon or cloak or do you pick weapons that match your preferred sets?
    I... I transmog depending on the character and what they do. My warlock is a fierce warrior in battle so she wouldn't wear something skimpy, for example (granted she wouldn't be really wearing a robe but hey, game limitations).

One thing on Transmog - they REALLY need to loosen a lot of the restrictions now, especially using weird items or seasonal items all year round.

Why is a character wearing a Valentines dress "immersion breaking" but hardened warriors running round in Yeti Onesies is fine?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!