Brown Alpaca mount will be a drop from Dunegorger Kraulok World Boss (8.3)

Just found out about it and I'm feeling rather positive. Do you think it will have a similar (low) drop rate to the mounts from world bosses of previous expansions? If yes, coupled with the boss only being available every 6(?) weeks might make it one of the new rarest mounts. Are you excited for this new 'challenge'?

Im still salty about spending a couple hours every Tuesday and coining world bosses for months in MoP when they weren't even on the loot table, so hopefully Blizzard will double check their work this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fuck world boss mounts. I do 29 sha/galleon runs every week with no fucking luck. I’m not hyped for this one either.

Hopefully it’ll at least have a stable 2 min spawn timer or something. Sha’s 10-20 random spawn timer is horrible when paired with galleon’s definitive 15 min one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully its a guaranteed drop

Unlike other world bosses this one is only up 1 week every 6 weeks so if its a rare drop it will be even WORSE than other world boss mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just found out about it and I'm feeling rather positive. Do you think it will have a similar (low) drop rate to the mounts from world bosses of previous expansions? If yes, coupled with the boss only being available every 6(?) weeks might make it one of the new rarest mounts. Are you excited for this new 'challenge'?
    Why the hell would any one be exited about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Hopefully its a guaranteed drop

Unlike other world bosses this one is only up 1 week every 6 weeks so if its a rare drop it will be even WORSE than other world boss mounts
    I really doubt it will be 100%, probably like 10-20% at best. Also, maybe they will just allow all the world bosses to spawn each week at the end of BfA? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Why the hell would any one be exited about that?
    I find something oddly peaceful about farming world boss mounts, part of me wants to get them, but parts of me wants to continue doing it for a long time. Maybe the new one will fill that void when I finally get Sha and Nalak's

Given how the world boss isn't up every week, they'd better make it less of a rare drop than the mounts from MoP and WoD world bosses.

Also, I really wish they'd return FOS for certain mounts. Especially 100% Mythic ones, and extremely rare ones like Sha of Anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Given how the world boss isn't up every week, they'd better make it less of a rare drop than the mounts from MoP and WoD world bosses.

Also, I really wish they'd return FOS for certain mounts. Especially 100% Mythic ones, and extremely rare ones like Sha of Anger.
    Well, there's going to be a fos for the brutosaur, that one mount I will probably not be getting.

As long as it's 1% or higher, I won't be too upset. MoP level 0.05% and... screw that.

lol "challenge" not a chance... until they add bad luck protection for mounts frak farming them... Just not worth the time anymore.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If I'm allowed to share my opinion based on precedent, assuming that it'll be a 1 in 500 (Rukhmar) or worse, 1 in 2000 (Pandaria World Bosses) mount from a boss that is only available for one kill a character once every 6 weeks..

Then screw that. It's not even funny how much that would be taking the piss. As if Soundless wasn't bad enough.

Given that the world bosses are on a rotation I'd guess the drop chance is significantly higher than say Sha of Anger or Rukhmar.

I hope it has wings.

Aplacawings.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Considering it's just a recolor of 2 other easier to get mounts? No, no I'm not.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

So based on the reports so far, it's not that rare, but unfortunately myself I didn't get it within my first 48 attempts

I got 12 kills and only saw 2 drop, which is a 0.4% droprate. Of course that's a small sample size so it could be 1% or even 2%, but certainly isn't 10%. That would be fine if the boss was up every week, but it very much is not. Droprate really should be 5-6% to be reasonable.

And yes, even then it's vastly more common than the MoP worldbosses. But they're a very low bar.

Worst case scenario the black alpaca is pretty easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    I hope it has wings.

Aplacawings.
    It actually comes with a click spot (like the SL mount) that creates food for you once every hour or so. Alpaca Lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Fuck world boss mounts. I do 29 sha/galleon runs every week with no fucking luck. I’m not hyped for this one either.

Hopefully it’ll at least have a stable 2 min spawn timer or something. Sha’s 10-20 random spawn timer is horrible when paired with galleon’s definitive 15 min one.

They rly need to tone it down like a minute or two spawn. Doing multiple alts world boss for mount drop is fucking tedious and waiting game... who the fuck thought of this idea should get slapped hard in the face! My patience is slowly thinning out in every 20th alts every week...”What if it dropped!?!?!?” Always go around in my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    They rly need to tone it down like a minute or two spawn. Doing multiple alts world boss for mount drop is fucking tedious and waiting game... who the fuck thought of this idea should get slapped hard in the face! My patience is slowly thinning out in every 20th alts every week...”What if it dropped!?!?!?” Always go around in my head.
    Yeah. Fortunately this Alpaca dropped on the 10th alt, so I don't have to worry about this one from now on.