Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brown Alpaca mount will be a drop from Dunegorger Kraulok World Boss (8.3)

Just found out about it and I'm feeling rather positive. Do you think it will have a similar (low) drop rate to the mounts from world bosses of previous expansions? If yes, coupled with the boss only being available every 6(?) weeks might make it one of the new rarest mounts. Are you excited for this new 'challenge'?

Im still salty about spending a couple hours every Tuesday and coining world bosses for months in MoP when they weren't even on the loot table, so hopefully Blizzard will double check their work this time.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fuck world boss mounts. I do 29 sha/galleon runs every week with no fucking luck. I’m not hyped for this one either.

Hopefully it’ll at least have a stable 2 min spawn timer or something. Sha’s 10-20 random spawn timer is horrible when paired with galleon’s definitive 15 min one.

Hopefully its a guaranteed drop

Unlike other world bosses this one is only up 1 week every 6 weeks so if its a rare drop it will be even WORSE than other world boss mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just found out about it and I'm feeling rather positive. Do you think it will have a similar (low) drop rate to the mounts from world bosses of previous expansions? If yes, coupled with the boss only being available every 6(?) weeks might make it one of the new rarest mounts. Are you excited for this new 'challenge'?
    Why the hell would any one be exited about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Hopefully its a guaranteed drop

Unlike other world bosses this one is only up 1 week every 6 weeks so if its a rare drop it will be even WORSE than other world boss mounts
    I really doubt it will be 100%, probably like 10-20% at best. Also, maybe they will just allow all the world bosses to spawn each week at the end of BfA? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Why the hell would any one be exited about that?
    I find something oddly peaceful about farming world boss mounts, part of me wants to get them, but parts of me wants to continue doing it for a long time. Maybe the new one will fill that void when I finally get Sha and Nalak's

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Given how the world boss isn't up every week, they'd better make it less of a rare drop than the mounts from MoP and WoD world bosses.

Also, I really wish they'd return FOS for certain mounts. Especially 100% Mythic ones, and extremely rare ones like Sha of Anger.
    Hamsters are illegal in Hawaii!
    People: - We are choosing to die rather than seek care in order to not leave our families in debt.
    Idiots: - hEalThCarE FoR AlL iS CoMMuNIsT, L2 CaPiTalISm aNd SeLfIsH pLz

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Given how the world boss isn't up every week, they'd better make it less of a rare drop than the mounts from MoP and WoD world bosses.

Also, I really wish they'd return FOS for certain mounts. Especially 100% Mythic ones, and extremely rare ones like Sha of Anger.
    Well, there's going to be a fos for the brutosaur, that one mount I will probably not be getting.

As long as it's 1% or higher, I won't be too upset. MoP level 0.05% and... screw that.

Seems really weird to add a new mount to an old world boss that isn't even relevant to the patch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Im still salty about spending a couple hours every Tuesday and coining world bosses for months in MoP when they weren't even on the loot table, so hopefully Blizzard will double check their work this time.
    Given Blizzards history with this sort of thing I wouldn’t be surprised if it had the exact same issue :P

lol "challenge" not a chance... until they add bad luck protection for mounts frak farming them... Just not worth the time anymore.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

If I'm allowed to share my opinion based on precedent, assuming that it'll be a 1 in 500 (Rukhmar) or worse, 1 in 2000 (Pandaria World Bosses) mount from a boss that is only available for one kill a character once every 6 weeks..

Then screw that. It's not even funny how much that would be taking the piss. As if Soundless wasn't bad enough.

Given that the world bosses are on a rotation I'd guess the drop chance is significantly higher than say Sha of Anger or Rukhmar.

I hope it has wings.

Aplacawings.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Considering it's just a recolor of 2 other easier to get mounts? No, no I'm not.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    I hope it has wings.

Aplacawings.
    Lol I googled for that and found a flying alpaca unicorn. The internet never dissappoints
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

So based on the reports so far, it's not that rare, but unfortunately myself I didn't get it within my first 48 attempts

I got 12 kills and only saw 2 drop, which is a 0.4% droprate. Of course that's a small sample size so it could be 1% or even 2%, but certainly isn't 10%. That would be fine if the boss was up every week, but it very much is not. Droprate really should be 5-6% to be reasonable.

And yes, even then it's vastly more common than the MoP worldbosses. But they're a very low bar.

Worst case scenario the black alpaca is pretty easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.