Is war arms fun ? [Retail]

Hello guys,

I want to come back on retail and i don't really know what class should i choose, i have no straight goal so i need a class that can do all. Thta's why i'm asking you about the arms war, i know he's fine in M+, in arena in lower bracket and even in raid, but the main question here is :
    is it fun to play, are you still rage starved even with essences ?
    That's my concern, because i like the class fantasy and those animations are cool. In the other hand i can't play a class who feels clunky as hell with too many downtimes.

I need your opinions.

Best regards.

No, warrior is not fun to play on retail. Hits like a wet noodle.

I always played my alt war as Arms, found it more fun than Fury, but this Xpac is the exception, full Fury ^^

I will have to test Arms again in 9.0 to see if I switch back or not

yes its very fun to play and very verstaile in builds
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Doing zero damage is never fun.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Doing zero damage is never fun.
    Arms is doing good damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love arms man. Its so fun. Fury is a little 'wild' for me.

I am Arms main and got back to game one month ago, switched to fury for a week then switched back to Arms again.
    I find Arms good in aoe, it is fun and has good damage. but single target kinda sucks. It is all about Test of Might and Lucid dream windows now. I don't find them fun. Also the damage sucks on ST a lot. At least my damage

Fury is different than what it was at start of BFA. Back then it was one button(rampage) spec. But now BT feels good to press with this new Gushing Wound trait. RB is apperantly new filler as I rarely needed press WW on ST. And WW is the cleave button. As you can see it has many different meaningfull buttons now.
    In short, Fury is fun and has good damage both in dungeons and raids.

I will still go with Arms but Fury is better and you also should probably play Fury.

Edit: If you play tank role then you should definetly try warrior. Prot Warrior is the best tank in game for mytic+ and one of the best in raiding.
    I haven't played pvp since I got back but I am guessing Arms is good in pvp.
    Last edited by LazyCoding; 2020-01-01 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Arms. Its at its most fun on huge pulls, where you can pop cooldowns/Warbreaker/AOE everything. On single targets it gets a bit boring, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothene View Post
    Hello guys,

I want to come back on retail and i don't really know what class should i choose, i have no straight goal so i need a class that can do all. Thta's why i'm asking you about the arms war, i know he's fine in M+, in arena in lower bracket and even in raid, but the main question here is :
    That's my concern, because i like the class fantasy and those animations are cool. In the other hand i can't play a class who feels clunky as hell with too many downtimes.

I need your opinions.

Best regards.
    Lower bracket arena? I mean, I see Arms warriors at over 2,700 in 3s so they can't be that weak, however the gearing and trait stacking is rather dumb to pull it off.
    I play Fury myself, which is fun but isn't as front loaded as Arms so I see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothene View Post
    Hello guys,

I need your opinions.

Best regards.
    I've almost exclusively played Arms this xpac and it I enjoy the way it plays. Being rage starved is not existent with lucid dreams. The spec was struggling a bit prior to essences but overall plays really well now.

Arms performs fine in raids and there are plenty of 2400+ arena players that are arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    it feels shit to play, weak and in pvp you are useless without healer, the rage starvation feels awful

but taste is subjective, you could still find fun regardless of the spec being shit

you need haste. a lot of haste. 30%+ then its fucking awesome to play

I have only played arms / warrior since legion but I prefer the legion model. It was more interesting. The current version of arms is not bad but it’s just not really doing it for me.

With some haste and the Lucid Dreams essence, it's not feeling particularly rage starved. With the Azerite traits that are available, it feels almost like playing a melee fire mage in that you have massive burst windows (Test of Might, Avatar, Lucid Dreams, Bladestorm with Gathering Storm) and then very average damage outside those windows.

In other words, you have great burst for M+ trash pulls and then pretty average damage otherwise which makes it very fun to play on Fortified weeks in M+ but leaves you feeling pretty weak during Tyrannical weeks where your burst AoE isn't necessary on trash and your boss fights will leave you a bit bored outside of your windows of burst. Similar thing for raids; bursting adds and pretty decent cleave DPS is nice, but boss fights that are by themselves can be rather boring sometimes even if you're not rage starved, at least until execute phase begins.

It's fun to play if you enjoy that type of style (I personally do, which is why I play fire mage and arms warrior currently) but if you enjoy doing very consistent and steady damage it may not be something for you.

It's okay I guess. But fury is the way to go imo. Always was for me.

Overpower used to give me a "high" feeling, nearly gaurenteed crit and did a lot of damage (example wotlk/cata).

Now it's just a boring ability used whenever cd resets.

Last time I had fun playing Warrior in general, not just arms, was in MoP...