• I would have been fine with either

26 6.45%
  • I don't care about either - they dont make a difference

54 13.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    They said back in the day that they didn’t like how it worked out with Pandaren.
    Well Pandaren was a boring choice to have done that, Blood elves would have been a far more interesting one too. But with Pandaren who were initially going to be the alliance counterpart to blood elves (but the community fel t problems with chinese laws stopped that at the time), would have been too popular on one faction, especailly on the alliance, so they gave both.

when i look at MoP, the Pandaren and Mogu would have been the perfect races, the mogu for the horde and the PAndaren for the alliance, but blizzard has been deathly afraid of giving too popular races for the alliance, and if this was the case, I think that fear caused them to turn it round and give both.

I could be totally wrong, I think they also tried saving development time with just 1 race, and it felt worth giving it a shot, and later decide they don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Well Pandaren was a boring choice to have done that, Blood elves would have been a far more interesting one too. But with Pandaren who were initially going to be the alliance counterpart to blood elves (but the community fel t problems with chinese laws stopped that at the time), would have been too popular on one faction, especailly on the alliance, so they gave both.

when i look at MoP, the Pandaren and Mogu would have been the perfect races, the mogu for the horde and the PAndaren for the alliance, but blizzard has been deathly afraid of giving too popular races for the alliance, and if this was the case, I think that fear caused them to turn it round and give both.

I could be totally wrong, I think they also tried saving development time with just 1 race, and it felt worth giving it a shot, and later decide they don't like it.
    Pandas are the least popular race though
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

Far, far behind humans, orcs and all the elves. I don't see why anyone would think they would be popular.

All of these neutral race suggestions read like someone who has not played/observed the lore would say.

alliance literally enslave vulpera, lol how the fuck would they be neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Pandas are the least popular race though
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

Far, far behind humans, orcs and all the elves. I don't see why anyone would think they would be popular.
    Actually in this particular case, you have to use the combined population of Pandas in both factions as they are available to both. That puts EU pandas at 4.5% and US at 4.4% ,

Which makes them more popular than:

Worgen
    Gnomes
    Goblins
    Dwarves

C
    ertainly not the least popular race.
    Overall, only 3 alliance races are more popular than Pandas, while 5 horde races are more popular than them ( you have to use the combined number for this)

Actually in this particular case, you have to use the combined population of Pandas in both factions as they are available to both. That puts EU pandas at 4.5% and US at 4.4% ,

Which makes them more popular than:

Worgen
    Gnomes
    Goblins
    Dwarves

C
    ertainly not the least popular race.
    Overall, only 3 alliance races are more popular than Pandas, while 5 horde races are more popular than them ( you have to use the combined number for this)
    They are available for both factions which boosts their already low popularity somewhat. You shouldn't combine the percentages as that just isn't accurate. If worgen were available for horde too, they would still be more popular. Also the allied races haven't been out long enough or aren't different enough to count here.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    They are available for both factions which boosts their already low popularity somewhat. You shouldn't combine the percentages as that just isn't accurate. If worgen were available for horde too, they would still be more popular. Also the allied races haven't been out long enough or aren't different enough to count here.
    Indeed. But you should count the combined population for Pandaren when comparing, the argument is that Pandaren as a race aren't that popular, not thier popularity on a particular faction . Neutrality was a bad idea because the race wasn't popular you implied as you used the graph to count it amongst the lowest , but if it is popularity of the race you must measure all the population of Pandaren, against all the population of worgen, or all the population of human , all the population of goblin - because it is the total populations we are comparing, whether a race appears on one faction or two. because Worgen only appears on 1 faction we don't need to worry about it's population on the other.

ALL the Pandaren is measured against all the Worgen, all the human, all the night elf etc.

Gilgoblins are ugly, just as ugly as the regular goblin. Vulpera is furry shit.. even though im the same as OP, between these two i choose vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Gilgoblins are ugly, just as ugly as the regular goblin. Vulpera is furry shit.. even though im the same as OP, between these two i choose vulpera.
    And did you play one now that it has been released?

You could make that argument about any other race really but Vulpera. Out of all the allied races they are one of if not the most popular. You pretty much lost this battle before you started it.

Nope, who cares about allied races when all is said and done?

Nope, who cares about allied races when all is said and done?
    Lots of people, clearly.

Lots of people, clearly.
    Sad, isn't it?

Sad, isn't it?
    Not really, but then I don’t tend to get condescending toward people when they care about stuff I don’t. Call me wacky.

I race changed but their on use is so bad. Eeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I race changed but their on use is so bad. Eeeeee
    I was wondering why they're not listed under theorycraft racial sims...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Most definitely, goblins with gills, seriously? I love goblins, but I did not need "aqua goblins." Every allied race should have been more like the Vulpera instead of customization options. "Ooh, tattoos and antlers!"
    this 100%

Gilgoblins would have been as much of a waste as HM, LF and to a lesser extent, Mechagnomes

If you like ERP, Vulpera is for you.

Such a travesty this race was put into the game. Especially after having to deal with pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    this 100%

Gilgoblins would have been as much of a waste as HM, LF and to a lesser extent, Mechagnomes
    Yep. Every allied race that requires actual effort is a win in my book. I just hope that they end up so insanely popular that Blizzard put more work into any future allied races and don't just slap some gold or new horns/ears on an existing playable race.

Mechagnomes are even pretty trash when you realize only certain gear items shows up on them and you are stuck with gold or brown body parts ruining any possible transmogs you want to attempt. They could have spent a little extra time and gave their mechanical parts more color options or maybe do a paint shop system like the mechano-cat.

Not really, but then I don’t tend to get condescending toward people when they care about stuff I don’t. Call me wacky.
    You're wacky

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    If you like ERP, Vulpera is for you.

Such a travesty this race was put into the game. Especially after having to deal with pandas.
    Taurens exist too you know, don't leave them out from the ERP fandom!