Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Purely from a business perspective, Vulpera are easily the better choice. They are going to be hugely popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    How very edgy.
    You know it’s true. Visit the Wayfarer’s rest on a RP server this time next month and see how many Vulpera have /c/ in their TRP’s

Gilgoblins are shit. It's just blue goblins with some ugly ass ears

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Both are a terrible choice, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You know it’s true. Visit the Wayfarer’s rest on a RP server this time next month and see how many Vulpera have /c/ in their TRP’s
    They're a minority of people. Idgaf what they do with their time. Also not really a thing on my server group.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're a minority of people. Idgaf what they do with their time. Also not really a thing on my server group.
    Vulpera are designed specifically to appeal to these people. Blizzard know full well what they’re doing.

no. I wish they would've added Ogres instead. But furry retardation seems to be highly infectious, and not unlike a totalitarian sect, has gathered a host of millions of followers already. Whenever I think to myself, cautiously optimistic, "this must be the final stop, there's nowhere else for humanity to fall", no, they just come up with an even more braindead trend

Vulpera are designed specifically to appeal to these people. Blizzard know full well what they’re doing.
    Prove it. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    no. I wish they would've added Ogres instead. But furry retardation seems to be highly infectious, and not unlike a totalitarian sect, has gathered a host of millions of followers already. Whenever I think to myself, cautiously optimistic, "this must be the final stop, there's nowhere else for humanity to fall", no, they just come up with an even more braindead trend
    Because ogres are totally a universally liked race, and nobody groans and rolls their eyes every time that dusty corpse is brought back out for a beating? Just like High elves?

Prove it. /10char
    I too can post useless impossible to prove things. There is an obvious demographic and type of person this is set to appeal to. That can't accept that is your lack of eyesight.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I too can post useless impossible to prove things. There is an obvious demographic and type of person this is set to appeal to. That can't accept that is your lack of eyesight.
    And I said they were a minority. That they congregate in specific places isn't my problem, just stop going there.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I said they were a minority. That they congregate in specific places isn't my problem, just stop going there.
    Why should I stop going to my hang out place because degenerates have moved in? Those degenerates shouldn’t be appealed to to start with.

I don't like either one. Short, goofy races aren't something that appeals to me. I was hoping for the Sethrak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Vulpera are meh and should never be a playable. They have so little connection to the Warcraft universe and lore. Having them be playable, but not Nagas is just plain lame.
    from Wowpedia, citing The Sundering, first published in 2005: "One of the various demigods that participated in the War of the Ancients was described as "a tiny red fox with a sly yet gnomish visage [scurrying] between the legs of the giants".[63] It may have been related to the vulpera." Not that the developers were incubating vulpera as such for more than a decade, but their existence in fact poses a possible answer to a long-standing question within the lore of Azeroth's Wild Gods, a lore which has been expanded upon continuously (most prominently in BFA, Legion and MoP) and which will be developed even further in Ardenweald next expansion.

Greater lore aside, the vulpera were an intrinsic part of the Vol'dun storyline, assisting the Speaker of the Horde in the effort to prevent the rise of Mythrax (and with it the ruin of the Great Seal and the proceeding events of the Uldir raid).

Why should I stop going to my hang out place because degenerates have moved in? Those degenerates shouldn’t be appealed to to start with.
    Grow thicker skin and stop caring what other people like, as long as it isn't abusive or harmful.

Prove it. /10char

Because ogres are totally a universally liked race, and nobody groans and rolls their eyes every time that dusty corpse is brought back out for a beating? Just like High elves?
    Well, first of all, ogres aren't a fury joke of a race, made to pander to (sexual?) deviants. Secondly, whenever there was a poll about what races need to be added, ogres would be top 2, that's a definite.

My personal opinion on High Elves? I think if a lot of people want something, they should get it. Ion has time and again shown that he simply doesn't care much about what people want, he just keeps realizing his own dumbfuck vision, while coming up with arguments that deserve olympic gold medals in mental gymnastics discipline (make that special olympics of course)

hey look it's the fucking freak who said the black human face exhibited at the Blizzcon reveal looked too much like Barack Obama and demanded a Trump face. I don't think anyone needs to be worried what you think.

See here's the thing... (and this wasn't an option on the poll) I think both choices were the better choice based on different criteria.

I think in most logical ways that don't involve actual player enthusiasm/interest - Gilgoblins make loads more sense. They were a rep introduced in the last patch, w/ a similar grind to Mechagon, meaning they had similar unlock requirements. They're a racial offshoot of an existing race (and furthermore, Goblins & Gnomes are often thought of as companion races). Furthermore, not only did the horde bond with them a great deal in Nazjatar, players bonded with SPECIFIC NPC characters/heroes. Poen & Neri feel like my old buddies at this point (if my slightly incompetent buddies). Which is better treatment than some ACTUAL races got (For instance - Nobody cared about Lorethemar for a good 5 years after he was introduced. It wasn't until they gave him a unique model and something to do that he started getting interesting)... Furthermore on the other end of the spectrum, I think we had comparatively less interaction with the Vulpera. Sure we met a few, and helped them, but there were also several other stories woven into the zone (such as exiled Zandalari, Sethrak, and the ghost tavern in the cave. Not to mention Alliance activity) Gilgoblins were our constant companions in Nazjatar, wheras Vulpera were just one of many things going on in Voldun ... and as a result, the only lasting memory I have of my time with them is the Dolly & Dot song... lol. Vulpera are the first Allied race that's truly a completely NEW race. Nightborne were close, but still something of a Night Elf variant (and if not a Night Elf variant, AT LEAST still an Elf variant). And finally the obvious argument - Vulpera are the first BRAND NEW race to come as an allied race... and many would/could/do argue they'd have been more logical as an all new race. And there's also an argument of horde favoritism to be made too, but I won't dwell on it. (I am horde for the record, and yes, I feel we got the long end of this one)

HOWEVER... as far as actual player enthusiasm/interest is concerned, I think Vulpera make LOADS more sense than Gilgoblins as they were/are clearly WAY more in demand. There are many people who'd love to roll a Vulpera, definitely more than would like to roll a Gilgoblin, and possibly even more people than would like to roll a regular Goblin. I'm definately way more interested in playing a Vulpera than a Gilgoblin, even if I think Gilgoblins made more sense in a lot of ways.

And ultimately the latter is the metric on which Blizzard makes their decision, because player interest is what makes them money. If they roll out Gilgoblins and no one cares... fewer people spend time leveling one, and they don't make any money getting you to drop 120 levels of playtime. But if tons of people roll a new Vulpera, they're keeping us all on the hook for at least one more alt...

*Shrug* So I get it. I don't like it in every way, but I get it.

I think it would have been easier to swallow if the Alliance race had been Sethrak or Ankoan though. At least then they'd also have gotten something new.

In a perfect world I'd have preferred all 4. Vulpera & Gilgoblins for Horde, Ankoan & Mechagnomes for Alliance.

Though the problem with Ankoan is I'd personally still rather see Hozen & Jinyu become playable someday, lol. (I feel like if MoP had released in post-allied race world, they would have been, but since they're already in the rearview mirror, it's not worth Blizzards time/effort to revisit)
    Last edited by TragedyAnn; 2019-12-30 at 07:14 PM.

Well, first of all, ogres aren't a fury joke of a race, made to pander to (sexual?) deviants. Secondly, whenever there was a poll about what races need to be added, ogres would be top 2, that's a definite.

My personal opinion on High Elves? I think if a lot of people want something, they should get it. Ion has time and again shown that he simply doesn't care much about what people want, he just keeps realizing his own dumbfuck vision, while coming up with arguments that deserve olympic gold medals in mental gymnastics discipline (make that special olympics of course)
    Because this forum is the bulk of wow fans. I have no problem with ogres being a race, but that also means other people shouldn't have major issues with other people getting a race they like, but 'you' don't. It goes both ways, and there's no sense in ragging on this or that demographic just because you don't personally agree, is what I'm getting at.

I'm not a furry, but I like non-human races because it's a fantasy game and I like living that. Humans bore the shite out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpymeat View Post
    hey look it's the fucking freak who said the black human face exhibited at the Blizzcon reveal looked too much like Barack Obama and demanded a Trump face. I don't think anyone needs to be worried what you think.
    I am glad I made a lasting impression. Do you feel like retreating to your safe space yet? Maybe you want to tell me how wrong I am? Because I still stand by every word I said. Please, we would all benefit from your competent opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    "The demographic and type of person they're set to appeal to" is a wider spectrum than you choose to believe. Plenty want cute, plenty like animals, etc. It's disingenuous to suggest that the only people who want them are "those people," or that those types will be the majority at all.

/ignore exists. Alternatively, if the mere sight of fictional desert nomads causes your blood to boil for some reason, you can find a new place. Times change, and all that.