Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Despite making a major reappearance in Rise of Azshara after being introduced in Cataclysm, theres little to no reason for gilgoblins to be added as an allied race for a number of reasons.

First, even though horde teamed up with them to fight back against Azshara, they started off being introduced to the game as outright hostile towards everyone, horde and alliance. They killed and sacked helpless swimmers without mercy, and we responded by killing them off every chance we get (courtesy of quests). They're the equivalent to murlocs basically, just a nuisance.

Second, even though they share the base model of playable goblins already making them somewhat qualified to be a playable allied race, there's not enough lore behind them that supports they're honorable enough to join the horde. This statement sounds sketchy now that I think about it, but one patch where they're good guys for once isn't enough to redeem them in the grand scheme of things.

I could go on, but why bother. Vulpera have already been confirmed as the next allied race, so at this point what's done is done and there's no going back.
    Last edited by onesBronson; 2020-01-01 at 10:51 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can not see why we would want to have Gilgoblins in the Horde.
    They have always been a hostile "faction" towards players, the only exception I know of is now where they help/get help from the Horde.
    If you look at it from a cosmetic point of view, we already have Goblins they look very similar where Vulpera is a new look for the Horde.
    Sooo I would say Vulpera is a very better choice for the Horde. I know Alliance is getting Mechagnomes, and I would be disapointed if I were an Alliance player since they already have Gnomes.

a tree trunk would be better allied race than gilgoblin... so yes vulpera re better choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Because this forum is the bulk of wow fans. I have no problem with ogres being a race, but that also means other people shouldn't have major issues with other people getting a race they like, but 'you' don't. It goes both ways, and there's no sense in ragging on this or that demographic just because you don't personally agree, is what I'm getting at.

I'm not a furry, but I like non-human races because it's a fantasy game and I like living that. Humans bore the shite out of me.
    This. Sadly such common sense is wasted here among a sea of "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" types, as evidenced by this very topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I could go on, but why bother. Vulpera have already been confirmed as the next allied race, so at this point what's done is done and there's no going back.
    That's exactly what I think whenever I see these pointless 'should we have gotten <thing> instead?' topics. The whining comes out in force (as it has here) as if people think they might change Blizzard's mind or something at the 11th hour. Its an exercise in futility.

I don't care about either - they dont make a difference
    this definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    gilgoblins don't have mass appeal the way vulpera do, they would really only appeal to people who already like/play goblins and probably not all of them at that. gilgoblins and ankoan were never going to be released as allied races and it was obvious from the fact that blizzard added a toy from nazjatar that turns you into them to somewhat satisfy the few people who would want to play them
    There is a toy that allows you to play as a blood elf, and they are one of the most played races.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Well, with upcoming customization options as well as "normal" model for Forsaken, with no sticking bones and fully covered in flesh/muscle, i guess thats the closest that we would be to Vampires (Undeads) at this point.

Broader picture is that Blizzard can finally mainstream Forsaken model that is for ages active in Asia and on East, thus using that resource to the fullest potential.
    Its not new, as Blizzard advertised it in their panel during Blizzcon, it wasnt just used outside of Asia and East.
    Do note that there is a possible switch in leadership of Forsaken where Arthas daughter might which is lighttouched undead might take over the leadership.
    Or atleast a fraction of Forsaken so we might be seeing new races of undeads next to normal Forsaken.
    DKs now got all races, so why shouldnt undead too now that they have lighttouched undead as possible leader.

No, im not furry lover but also i have nothing against them. To each their own i guess, in this age there is more cultural differences, variety of subcultures and ideals more than ever, and i like the diversity of it.

My daughter, which is 2.5 now, likes those silly stuff - My little pony and all that kids cuteness things.
    Despite me being 6'8 and 260lbs (210 and 120kg), heavily tattooed, as tattoo artist iwe seen all kind of people, fetishes and heard all kind of crazy stories.
    Still, at the end of the day, im her Pepa dad (if im not mistaken "Pepa pig" cartoon) and im ok with it, tho we are slowly introducing her with "adult" music and letting her choose what she wants to listen.

Why pandas? Well honestly i think that first of all i love their combat, combat ready and attack animation which are heavily inspired by Eastern martial arts which i was training a lot when i was younger. Because i love Eastern culture, heavily respecting Samurai codex and Japanese culture in general. I find differences between "our" Western and the rest of the world cultural differences with theirs fascinating to the point that i want to learn more about it, if not all that i can, simply because i would love to understand it as much as i can.

Second is that they resemble me and my personality the most - big (tho not that much in a belly) goofy cheerful and epicure.

As for gillgobs, i guess that they might end up as new goblin customization options. I would love to see them in game, atleast as customization option.
    Goblin's island was destroyed by Deathwind and they tried to migrate/save them selfs via boats, but they ended up shipwrecked. Atleast "player" did.
    A lot of goblins went missing or drowned then, they could simply add small patch in which those missing goblins actually ended somehow in Naga zone and mutated to gilgobs.
    Nice. Thanks for the response and the detail. Enjoyed the share.

Well we now know Kezan wasn't destroyed, since we are back there in BFA grabbing Azerite from Venture Co in a section of it, I guess the eruption only covered a part of Kezan CIty, no doubt it would be easy to imagine blizzard taking us back there again, especially if they do race centred stories with capitals as the main hubs, and give each race their own capital as their own version of class halls. I had an amazing idea for that where part of the resource system could allow you to build the capital further. The capital played a central role, and you empowered your race in different ways. Race campaigns continued as a thing into several expansions carrying on the race story and providing quests and objectives, as well as building up your capital and its capital zone, it also served as a source of new quests. Each race had various artifacts or things that boosted their power in the expansion (like BElves had the sunwell, NElves had the WEll of Eternity, Draenei the Atamal crystals) and your resrouces helped connect you to these or fire them up, and they weren't the only ones, but this was the artefact system of that expansion, but it boosted both racial and class abilities).

It actually was a clever way of allowing Capitals to be useful and used, part of the game system and racial lore to be improved. All allied races were tied to their parent race for the campaigns. Nightborne and Void elves on would be a bit unique because their parent race is on the opposite faction, but it can still be doen, and actually end up being very interesting to bring out the complexities of how the two relate.. for nightborne you would explore more of the nightborne that like the kaldorei and those that are disappointed and the kaldorei that also like and dislike and how groups like the highborne, Moonguad, illidari and other darnassians all interact, sometimes its friendly sometimes its not, and how being in different factions affect it. For void elves and blood elves you have just same level of complexity that also weaves in the high elves, the Sunreaversa dn Silver covenant, Alleria, Vereesa, Lor'themar, Halduron, rommath and others as it ex;ores the geo politics of the Thalssian elves made all the more interesting by them being on different factions and having passionate feelings for each other.

Finally about the panda animation, wasn't that mimicked in other races who role monks? If so, why not say an orc monk or tauren monk or even one of the elven monks? Or is it just the whole package?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Then why equate anyone who likes werewolves and the likes as furries? Because that's the comparison. Liking werewolves doesn't make you a furry. Dressing up as one because you want to, and identify with it, does.
    Because the OP's logic was that if you like the vulpera then you are a furry. Yet he likes the worgen (which is exactly the same as a vulpera, only based on a wolf instead of a fox) yet that doesn't make you a furry. I was simply pointing out the hilarious irony in his original statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Well, it's clear from that he didn't create them. I heard about Gilgoblins in the Warcraft RPG books, but since that is no longer canon, you just have to wait and see what things from there show up in live. Blizzard has changed a lot of things from that source. I use to basically as background info to give you an idea of what things are in Azeroth, but official lore is the canon info and it must be noted a lot of things are drastically changed, but you can see the root of a lot of them Metzen did heavily cosult on the book and you can see many of his earlier ideas, there. Saying that some of the things there are a creation of the writers and their outlook on things.

Thanks for the source share though.

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually love vampires. I have really been hoping for forsaken to have a human vampire allied race, or for that to be the San'layn - could be really cool, even if it seems edgy/emo - who cares. There are lots of races and classes for non-edgy/emo people, some of them I like, some of them i dont', to each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Panda aye. So you are a furry lover? Why pandas?

I heard there is a RL furries convention in the USA, they trash hotesl and stuff like that and their conventions have been banned.

- - - Updated - - -

With allied races, theya ren't all necessarily supposed to be totally for popular choices, some of them are for niche choices, and the beauty of them is their wide assortment can afford the developers to give some of each.
    No you didn't, the gilgoblins weren't mentioned in the RPG books. They weren't a thing until Cataclysm which was released two years after they stopped making the RPG.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Tin foil hat theory: so many tauren players werent comfortable with the whole tree burning thing they need a new animal race thats free from that "are we the baddies?" malaise over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I love goblins but gilgoblins are lame.
    gilgoblins are what happens when goblins and murlocs have babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'd rather play a gilblin, but I think Vulpera are going to be a far more popular option, so why not go with that?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

5+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care too much about ARs in general, the only ones I've liked so far are Z-troll and KT - and I could have done without them without them just fine. But Gilgoblins would be too much of a reskin, we already have plenty of those as far as ARs go, so Vulpera would be the "lesser evil" haha. Maybe I will make a Vulpera DK just for the giggles, provided that I buy Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

For the allied race spot? Or is this just furry love? Or cuteness?

Personally, I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing. Now a worgen or vampire - now you're talking.

Vulpera imo, obviously beat Gilgoblin for the slot, and i think the fans directly resulted in this.

I wonder if you would have been annoyed if they had given gilgoblins instead? Be honest.
    Kind of interesting how you're lowkey judging people for Vulpera when you're one of the biggest elf fetishists of the website.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think that both races (vulpera and the keflins) are easy Allied Race additions to the game. But with that in mind, the vulpera are a little more appropriate for several reasons.

1) We've known the vulpera longer and have been helping them out longer.

2) The vulpera are allied with Talanji (as per her coronation questline, where Gonk calls them part of her "pack"), and Talanji is allied with us.

3) The vulpera are a better answer to the Kul Tirans for the Horde. As many know, the Zandalari use existing assets primarily (Night Elf male skeleton and Troll female skeleton), but the Kul Tirans had entirely new skeletons made for them. While the vulpera are essentially heavily modified goblins as far as the skeletons are concerned, the uniqueness of their animations and models make them a better pairing for the Horde simply because it puts one "Allied Race+" on each faction. Giblins are literally just goblins with fish textures.

4) It's not clear if the gilblins can even survive out of the water for very long. Some of the dialogue you get in Newhome implies that they find being out of water for long periods of time extremely uncomfortable.

Those are just my thoughts, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Kind of interesting how you're lowkey judging people for Vulpera when you're one of the biggest elf fetishists of the website.
    I'm misunderstood

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I really don't care too much about ARs in general, the only ones I've liked so far are Z-troll and KT - and I could have done without them without them just fine. But Gilgoblins would be too much of a reskin, we already have plenty of those as far as ARs go, so Vulpera would be the "lesser evil" haha. Maybe I will make a Vulpera DK just for the giggles, provided that I buy Shadowlands.
    Interesting, void elves and night elves were the only ones I was interested in. The others a like meh.. I did want Zandalari trolls though, and they did a good job. But Kul'tirans I'm STILL struggling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblins are aquatic creatures, so they may require a body of water in their vicinity. Of course this could be explained differently, but Vulpera got much bigger presence this xpac, and are more unique.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm misunderstood
    So you're not actually judging people who like Vulpera in the OP? Since the elf fetish isn't up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    So you're not actually judging people who like Vulpera in the OP? Since the elf fetish isn't up for debate.
    I wasn't judging either.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    So I'd rather play a gilblin, but I think Vulpera are going to be a far more popular option, so why not go with that?
    I checked the ptr out, so many Vulpera running around, it reminded me of the Zandalari, the ptr was full of them, in contrast there were hardly any kul'tirans on the alliance side, same with the mechagnomes, you hardly see any.

one of the most unplayed races in the game and some of you think adding gills would make them cooler?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...