Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That could work, but is it lore correct though? When you do the goblin starting area, can you be a gilgoblin/ aren't they only discovered later in Vashj'ir/ or can this be another acceptable retcon? or should they make all goblin customisations of the gilgoblin nature start at elvel 20?@
    Well, they are mixing bronzebeard and wildhammers, and they now will share the same starting zone. They are doing the same with the darkspear and forest trolls, all starting in the echo isles. I guess they could do the same with goblins ... and their gilgoblin cousins from the waters around kezan?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-12-30 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Can't wait to create me a DeeKay Vulperaaaaaa

That could work, but is it lore correct though? When you do the goblin starting area, can you be a gilgoblin/ aren't they only discovered later in Vashj'ir/ or can this be another acceptable retcon? or should they make all goblin customisations of the gilgoblin nature start at elvel 20?@
    Night Warrior Night Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves in Shadowlands, and Golden eyes Blood Elves say hi. Either way, not gonna matter with the leveling revamp.

I heavily dislike furries and thought the race was dumb until I did their opening quest line where you help the one get gear and then she wears a Sethrak skull as her helmet. Changed my opinion that the race couldn't be cool. Hated the stupid caravan song though. I don't play retail anymore though, but I said vulpera might make me change my mind, but grinding out the rep on another race doesn't sound fun. It was the only zone I did next to no world quests so I think at best I am honored with them? The Zandalari and Mag'har orc grinds were already too much.

Gilgoblins have nothing going for them, they are just a reskin of another race without any identity, that's low, even for allied race standards.

Now the vulpera are just lame, and I hate them, but at least they have something going for them, with that said, if those are the only options we have, vulpera are the clear winners

Ps: your poll is bad, that's not how you make a poll, you just needed 2 options, either vulpera or Gilgoblins, ofc it doesn't matter with something small as this, but the more you know, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love goblins so much, but even for me gilgoblins are just.... eh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For the allied race spot? Or is this just furry love? Or cuteness?

Personally, I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing. Now a worgen or vampire - now you're talking.

Vulpera imo, obviously beat Gilgoblin for the slot, and i think the fans directly resulted in this.

I wonder if you would have been annoyed if they had given gilgoblins instead? Be honest.
    I've enjoyed the Vulpera since minute one of the expansion. They're vicious little balls of entertaining desert nomad flavor.

I would've been fine with getting Kelfin, sure. And actually I really want the Kelfin to be available. But I'm very pleased that the Vulpera are first.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Was never a fan of goblins but understand people who like them. But sea goblins? Just why...

Can't think of anyone who would care about those sea things.
    Dude. The Kelfin are great. They're like Goblins, but not huge assholes all the time.

Many people already disdain goblins for their appearance and overall aesthetic. So yeah, making an uglier version of an already ugly, underplayed race wouldn't go over well. Going with the cute race will get more people to reroll and level.

There's no market for gilgoblin. Who the hell would even want to play one? Maybe 100 people in the entire population of wow players? Get real.

For the allied race spot? Or is this just furry love? Or cuteness?

Personally, I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing. Now a worgen or vampire - now you're talking.

Vulpera imo, obviously beat Gilgoblin for the slot, and i think the fans directly resulted in this.

I wonder if you would have been annoyed if they had given gilgoblins instead? Be honest.
    You really should've added a Neither option. I dislike both vulpera and gilgoblins and would've seen something else for the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yes lmao, Gilgoblins would be Mechagnomes all over again. Waste of space.
    Most allied races are a waste of space.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

If the options are between those two than yes Vulpera are the clear choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Because you said 'most' my Dark Iron will let this slide.

Hmm... let's see... an actual allied race or a horrible disfigurement that could be a skin color choice. Vulpera are perfectly fine, it's Mechagnomes that are the problem.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    That's to you, but just like some race are of no interest to you, they areTHE thing for those who love them. At least allied races gives you another version of all those types with their own unique lore and characters etc, that vary .

Alliance needs same quality Allied race for gnomes because mechagnome is not enough.

I vote for skiny female only race where every member of this race will look VERY young. Let's call them Lo....ehm..Elins!

I'm aware that there are indeed people who like races like gilgoblins and ankoan(or jinuy). But really... these are most likely even more minor groups than groups that, for example, like mechagnomes. I'm pretty sure they can be considered fringe groups. Why should blizz waste time catering to these interests?

There have been tons of people asking for vulpera even before bfa was released. I'm absolutely certain that vulpera is the right choice.

I'm personally disapointed that alliance gets race like mechagnomes while horde gets cool race like vulpera.

Vulpera, while it is based on goblin model, can still be considered a new race. Not customization for existing race.
    Mechagnomes are customization for gnomes. Basically.

In my eyes new race is always better choice for blizz to create than a race customization. While I'm not against customization, new race > customization.

How is this even a question.

Gilblins nasty, yo.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You can one shot other players? Look out everyone, we got ourselves a badass here!
    Greater Pyroblast ??? Profit.

Not that hard

There was the whole storyline with them in Voldun and such, and they kinda share mentality with a lot of horde races, sooo...

Also, who says we can't get both? It's not like 'furry' is far off from 'scaly'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Gilgoblins were a much more appropriate and fleshed out race. But Blizzard knows that “quality” loli/shota yiffbait will lure all the furry ERPers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Gilgoblins were a much more appropriate and fleshed out race. But Blizzard knows that “quality” loli/shota yiffbait will lure all the furry ERPers back.
    How very edgy.