Poll: Did You preferred Vulpera to Gilgoblins

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    This is a no contest. Gilgoblins would be the equivalent of Mechagnomes, sure, but no one on the Alliance is excited about getting trash heap gnomes. Vulpera is the best new allied race in the game, second to Zandalari Troll if you consider those a "new" race.
    That's not true because that would mean a clear horde bias from blizz.

Hang on let me switch to my horde avatar and post how I clearly think Lightforged, mechagnomes and Kul'tirans are such an amazing bunch of allied races, with perfect set ups like void elves. Which obviously proves it's all a matter of opinion and therefore we'll continue the trend of amazing allied races on one faction only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Sounds like a furry to me
    Yep, the only in game one I like, I dont like cute furries, plushies and things like that. I like durries like worgen and normal human looking skinned races and their fur less variations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    It is more about the core of the allied race system and Blizzards design philosophy of not giving Alliance players what they want. Even the most popular allied race was created on the basis of pure spite and being hellbend of just never giving Alliance players what they would like to have, while the Horde so far got nearly everything they ever asked for.
    While the devs all have loyalties in both factions, all the senior leads and devs apparently played horde.. whatever that means

- - - Updated - - -

It is more about the core of the allied race system and Blizzards design philosophy of not giving Alliance players what they want. Even the most popular allied race was created on the basis of pure spite and being hellbend of just never giving Alliance players what they would like to have, while the Horde so far got nearly everything they ever asked for.
    <br>
    <br>

While the devs all have loyalties in both factions, all the senior leads and devs apparently played horde.. whatever that means

- - - Updated - - -

While the devs all have loyalties in both factions, i heard all the senior leads and devs apparently played horde.. whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Personally, I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing.
    What the hell does being a guy have to do with liking Vulpera?

I think it has less to do with being spiteful towards alliance players, and more about Blizzard making decisions arrogantly. They've got a history of dictating what they want players to have rather than listening to what players actually express that they want. This isn't specific to races, or faction. You can see the history of it across the many years of wow. Players will say they want something, and Blizzard will come out with something that has nothing to do with what was requested.

Sometimes I think their echo chamber is too strong. Other times I think they design by spreadsheet too much. Whatever the problem, it's a clear disconnect that hasn't ever really improved, despite speeches given by Brack or Hazzicostas. Blizzard is perhaps one of the most tone-deaf game companies in existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Because apparently guys can't like plushies or cute things. Only manly rough, hard things, out in the freezing cold, uphill both ways in the snow. Many man stuff.

That'd be my guess anyway.... :/

What are Gilgoblins? Where in the game would I ever see one of those things?

That's why they're not an allied race.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Seems like we have a clear winner. Honestly, you expected something different?

I mean being while a guy it doesn't make you gay if you like cute things.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i quit bfa a minute ago but dont the horde help liberate mechagon as well what rationalization did they asspull for not giving them to the horde as well? a simple insult like with the nightfallen?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Gilgoblin is yet another subrace that could have easily been a skin for goblins. I'd much rather see allied races be a lot more unique despite sharing the skeleton of an existing class. Not a fan of vulpera either but at least they look a lot more different and have some unique animations. The real question is why we still don't have playable ogres.
    This is why I hate void elfs they're kind of a lazy copy and paste.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Actually both could've been an AR, given we just went to Naz and 'rescue' them from the Naga. So it would 'fit' from a story point of view. Vulpera is kinda disjointed from the story since they were introduced at the start of BfA and we really haven't done much with them since 8.0.

Now they are relevant, for some reason? Gilgoblins have a stronger case for being an AR than Vulpera, but I'd rather not have either of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Was never a fan of goblins but understand people who like them. But sea goblins? Just why...

Can't think of anyone who would care about those sea things.
    I'm hurting for an aquatic race and they won't give me Naga, basically, but I still dont think gilblins would hold my attention long.

Don't get me wrong, the characters were charming and I'd love to see more of them but .. they're not different enough from regular goblins. Once they're in armor they'll literally look the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    What are Gilgoblins? Where in the game would I ever see one of those things?

That's why they're not an allied race.
    Did you skip this patch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Males don't like plushies and fox people.

/R/gatekeeping lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the appeal of fox people, but I'm a guy. Plushies and cure furries were never my thing. Now a worgen or vampire - now you're talking
    What does being "a guy" have to do with an appeal for fictional animated characters in a pc fantasy game. You can like any race in this game regardless of who or what you are.

Before BFA's release, people screamed to play Vulpera once they saw screenshots. How could they ignore popular demand in a steadily declining game?

I think it'll matter very little-- you'll see an initial burst of them but they'll die out as most do, I bet with the original races getting 40+ additional customizations you'll see most people going back to those races anyways... allied will be afterthoughts.

For the immature "furries lol" comments, Tauren - Pandaren - Worgen have been around for a while. Playing a character in a video game that has fur and wearing an animal mascot around in public are different. Personally, I'd love playable Tuskarr & Hozen.
    Last edited by Scorched2Black; 2019-12-31 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think it has less to do with being spiteful towards alliance players, and more about Blizzard making decisions arrogantly. They've got a history of dictating what they want players to have rather than listening to what players actually express that they want. This isn't specific to races, or faction. You can see the history of it across the many years of wow. Players will say they want something, and Blizzard will come out with something that has nothing to do with what was requested.

Sometimes I think their echo chamber is too strong. Other times I think they design by spreadsheet too much. Whatever the problem, it's a clear disconnect that hasn't ever really improved, despite speeches given by Brack or Hazzicostas. Blizzard is perhaps one of the most tone-deaf game companies in existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Because apparently guys can't like plushies or cute things. Only manly rough, hard things, out in the freezing cold, uphill both ways in the snow. Many man stuff.

That'd be my guess anyway.... :/
    When it comes to the high elf discussion and the inclusion of void elves in their current form, there is an undeniable element of spite present. Especially when he said that if people want to play high elves, they should play Blood Elves, ignoring the fact that the distinction isn't just one made by the player base but by his very own team and the game he is working for over 10 years and, what is more important, the most prominently after the inclusion of blood elves in Burning Crusade. We had High Elves at the alliance quest hub in Terrokar forest, we had them as an important race and the foils to the blood elves in wrath of the lich king, we had high elves as part of the Alliance in Hinterlands, we had them as a prominent race in Mist of Pandaria, we had them as a prominent race in legion.

Blizzard themselves decided to keep High Elves as a major alliance race over several decades. Not only that, they were given by far more screen time than many playable alliance races like the Gnomes or the Dwarves. Ions reaction on the question of High Elves and the way void elves were included screams nothing but pure, childish spite, as the very game he develops disagrees with him.

But then again, Ion never having actually played or looked at the game he is developing would explain alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

/tenchar

Much better. I have a strong suspicion that Goblins get a Gilgoblin customization in Shadowlands anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Greater Pyroblast ??? Profit.

Not that hard
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=203286/greater-pyroblast

deals up to 35% of their health..... remind me again about how you can one shot someone? Only way you can is if they are already low health, so it's not all you

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I never heard that, you sure you dint mea hobgoblins? Cant be bothered to research though, but I believe gilgiblins have been around long before Hobart was born, their time in Naz'jatar doesnt start with us, but these days with wow, things keep changing and old lore and impressions might have been changed
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gilgoblin
    "Hobart Grapplehammer lists the gilgoblins as one of his creations, despite being advised not to due to an ongoing negligence suit. This was revealed to be a lie by the gilgoblin Lenu Gillbrack, who found the idea of people believing him to be hilarious."

"I just wanted to make sure that you appreciate all of the products that my genius has brought to the Kajaro Trading Company?
    These include, but are not limited to: Kaja'Cola, the Poultryizer, Town-In-A-Box, my Ingenious Cap of Mook Foolery, KTC Train-a-Tron Deluxe, the Amazing G-Ray, Never-Deflating Pool Ponies, the Big Ones, Warrior-Matic NX-01, and gilgoblins. No strike that last one. Under advice of counsel, I had nothing to do with them.
    Anyway, I'm working on a few more things here that I think you'll find interesting, such as the Micro Mechachicken and a little something I like to call Subject Nine."

Up until 8.2 that was - litterally - the only info we had regarding the origin of the gilgoblins.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true because that would mean a clear horde bias from blizz.

Hang on let me switch to my horde avatar and post how I clearly think Lightforged, mechagnomes and Kul'tirans are such an amazing bunch of allied races, with perfect set ups like void elves. Which obviously proves it's all a matter of opinion and therefore we'll continue the trend of amazing allied races on one faction only.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, the only in game one I like, I dont like cute furries, plushies and things like that. I like durries like worgen and normal human looking skinned races and their fur less variations

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

<br>
    <br>

- - - Updated - - -

While the devs all have loyalties in both factions, i heard all the senior leads and devs apparently played horde.. whatever that means.
    Could you be anymore insecure?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Do you dress up in green make-up, tusks and pointy ears whenever you 'like orcs' then?
    Nope, never was big into LARP'ing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope, never was big into LARP'ing.
    Then why equate anyone who likes werewolves and the likes as furries? Because that's the comparison. Liking werewolves doesn't make you a furry. Dressing up as one because you want to, and identify with it, does.

Gilgoblins are trash. I can't believe people exist that unironically like them.

Vulpera are better yes, since they are actually presented as their own race, not just a different form of Goblin, even if they share a rig.

Gilgoblins would be more on par with Mechagnomes, which is a race you might have noticed a lot of people are unhappy with.

People have been spooging over Vulpera since the very first race previews, so yes clearly they are the better choice and more portable generically/ongoing.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You can one shot other players? Look out everyone, we got ourselves a badass here!
    WotLK-era destruction warlock was such a fun time.