Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    No one who understands nuclear weapons wants to use them. There is a reason Mutual Assured Destruction is named that, they are not viable to use against a target that can respond in kind! China has ~260 strategic warheads, which may or may not be enough to effectively destroy the US (depends on your definition).

Current US ICBMs (about 500 are left) are armed with a single warhead of 300kt to perhaps 475kt.
    Current US SLBMs (288) are armed with up to 8 warheads of 90kt to 475kt (maximum of 1,152 warheads total, for an average of 4 warheads per missile).
    The B-52s can be armed with up to 528 ALCMs with a variable warhead yield of 5-150kt.
    The only weapons of greater than 1Mt are the B83 gravity bombs, only really deliverable by the B-2.
    The only other nuclear weapons in the US are the various strategic and tactical B61 gravity bombs, with various yields of 0.3kt to 400kt.

So, the US has already moved away from large yield warheads. One of the main reasons is nuclear weapons do not scale as well as you would think, and modern missiles are far more accurate than older ones. A single 1Mt warhead has less about 1/3 the destructive potential of 10 100kt warheads, while a single 5Mt warhead is only 15% as destructive as 50 100kt warheads.

Nuclear warheads will only become obsolete if we invent something even more destructive, which I hope we do not, or we figure out how to actually rid the world of all of them, which isnt going to happen.

Basically if we ever get orbital mining figured out nukes would get phased out as KEW would be cheaper/easier and cleaner to utilize.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like someone's feeling edgy today.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    First of all ICBM are most likely reserved for Russia so any kind of nuclear bombing will be done from submarines positioned in South China Sea and any major nuclear power would be informed that the attack isn't targeted at them just to prevent a grave misunderstanding. However, I don't see a nuclear war as a possible scenario as long as both counties are governed by sane people. The worst that could happen is as tension rises and the war becomes imminent China seizes south Korea to prevent land invasion, which leads to naval blockade, by then China will have a coastal defense strong enough to prevent enemy landing, then the war ends with a stalemate.
    "Hey Russia, we are about to nuke China and kill about a billion people. Don't tell anybody, m'kay? It is supposed to be a surprise."

… You really can't tell somebody in advance about something like that. Also, that would only work if we were doing a premeditated and unprovoked attack anyway, which we really shouldn't be, since that would be pretty horrific. There really is no way to pull it off without creating a "grave misunderstanding". Which is actually a good thing in a way. Nukes are so incredibly horrible, and they are so difficult to even conceptually use without killing yourself, that nobody has used them since the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    "Hey Russia, we are about to nuke China and kill about a billion people. Don't tell anybody, m'kay? It is supposed to be a surprise."

… You really can't tell somebody in advance about something like that. Also, that would only work if we were doing a premeditated and unprovoked attack anyway, which we really shouldn't be, since that would be pretty horrific. There really is no way to pull it off without creating a "grave misunderstanding". Which is actually a good thing in a way. Nukes are so incredibly horrible, and they are so difficult to even conceptually use without killing yourself, that nobody has used them since the first two.
    Don't apply logic to war. War is often emotional.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nukes are so 1940's. We need to lob Anthrax bombs at them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    -snip-
    US propaganda is from uighurs extremists n islamists. Just like the scum white helmets in syria that move freely in al-nusra (al-qaida) territory n take part in warcrimes yet get western funding n even got an oscar for their propaganda movies...

As long as US is hand in hand with extremists n peaceful headchoppers, i'll take their claims with a grain of salt...

As for taiwan, it's not a country n legally part of China.

Even if all your nonsense somehow was true, ur solution ww3 global nuclear holocaust is better?....

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-01-01 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Conspiracy theories are not allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ihavewaffles this is pretty much a rewind of OP's thread last month: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post51915873
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Ihavewaffles this is pretty much a rewind of OP's thread last month: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post51915873
    Oh.....that's so gross!...

I just hope he didn't hurt any of his pets..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    More like: "Hey Russia we've just sent few nukes to China, you can clearly see them on your RADARs but these are goin to chine so please don't worry and have a nice day"

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, something needs to be done. You need to stop fantasizing about nuking a country and killing 10's of millions of people.
    You need to leave China the fuck alone.

They accuse China of something that China isn't doing.
    One also could argue that China should leave others alone, like nations alongside South China Sea, instead of building artificial islands with military stationed there, on the basis of "thousand year old documents", totes legit!!11oneoneleven xD

Ah, yes, same as Turkey who totally did not commit Armenian genocide because they said so, no matter what the whole world is thinking, or Russia, for whom someone else is always to be blamed for everything bad happening.

I missed the part where the Chinese Sea is of any concern to an American?

Go fix your own broken nation. Don't lash out to others because they ARE succeeding.
    america has our little friend japan who is very worried about that sea.

Go fix your own broken nation. Don't lash out to others because they ARE succeeding.
    It is, due to the trading (which is global, if you havent been keeping up with the world for the last... Dunno, a century at least?) and the fact that allies of USA, for example, Philippines and Taiwan are there, plus others are close, like Japan and SK. I would even say that relations between Vietnam and USA are better than those with China. Ironic, considering the past.

Lastly, how many times do you have to be told that someone's avatar does not show where they live? Or should I assume that you are from Australia? xD

International waters are everyone's concern. Especially when China decided to manufacture islands and then claim that as their territory in international waters. You not being smart enough to see that and happily gobble up Chinese propaganda shouldn't be our concern but you constantly make it so.

The silly attempt at justifying your meddling with foreign affairs is hilarious.
    It's little different than your justification for anyone so long as it serve your Anti-america rage boner. Hypocrisy suits you.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2019-12-31 at 05:58 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

It's not international water, it are Chinese waters.

I am not the one advocating for the nuclear destruction of another country.
    Hell, I even once got banned for calling the USA evil.
    So you tell me why this thread is allowed to continue.
    They are international waters/governed by freedom of navigation laws and/or are in heavily disputed waters between China, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Vietnam. China built islands there and then is using that retroactively bolster their claim they were now Chinese waters. You are declaring them China's despite international law and multiple sovereign nations disputing China's broad claims, and that's all they are claims, because you have an always will shill for them regardless of actual wrong doing or the situation at hand.

The U.N Convention on the Law of the Sea ruled against PRC in Philippines via China. China's claim on those waters are not recognized by anyone but China and are as such illegal and any attempts by China to claim ownership or dissuade other nations from navigating those waters are illegal as is the construction of the artificial islands themselves. China has made a claim, not backed by international law, and other countries have made counter claims/disputed that claim. You have predictably sided with China based not on the fact but fee fees and bias.

Your behavior and the op's regarding extremism and overall ignorance are essentially indistinguishable. I don't care what a lunatic the OP is. His stupidity does not excuse or justify your own no matter how much you'd for whatever perverse reason seem to want it to despite implying you disapprove of his actions.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2019-12-31 at 07:08 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    Something needs to be done. I don't know what. But military options including the use of thermonuclear weapons should be on the table.
    Takes issue with regional human rights abuses.

Proposes a far greater abuse of human rights and dignity and one with global consequences, as a "solution".

You can't possibly be serious with this shit.

Fuck the UN.

Ah yes, he's advocating the extermination of millions of people but that's exactly the same as me thinking the US should keep their military out of the rest of the world.
    maybe china should keep their military (and paramilitary) out of the rest of the world.

chinese fishing fleets alongside what passes for their "coast guard" regularly go into other nations fishing waters and steal their fish, because the chinese arent able to effectively manage their own waters. thats part of why they are so aggressively sending their military to the south china sea. most of asia has this same problem, but china actively goes and steals food from other smaller nations that cant always fight back.

In 2016, a number of Chinese fishing vessels were shot at for fishing in other nations’ exclusive economic zones, areas of water off countries’ coastlines where those countries have sole rights to pursue economic activity. In March 2016, Argentinian patrol units sank the Chinese fishing boat Lu Yan Yuan Yu 010 as it attempted to flee into international waters after allegedly trawling illegally off the coast of the Argentinian city Puerto Madryn. Recently, in light of illegal Chinese vessels draining the supply of fish, Somali fishermen have turned to piracy. And in November 2016, members of the South Korean coast guard opened fire on two Chinese fishing vessels that had threatened to ram patrol boats in the Yellow Sea near Incheon—not a month after Chinese fishermen rammed and sank a South Korean speedboat in the same area.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/...ions-seas/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    hm..I was already fairly dismissive of this kind of crazy.
    It seems he really believes in this crap...

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, let's try to rephrase: Please don't kill millions of Chinese people just because your own economy is failing.

kkthnxbye
    Yep exactly. The answer to every societal conflict is for the society to become more creative/constructive, and never embrace destructive solutions.

This thread is retarded. I mean, mutually assured destruction and all.

What China is doing in relation to human rights is bad but killing a few billion to make a point is pants on head fucking nuts. Nukes will fly both ways...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not international water, it are Chinese waters.

I am not the one advocating for the nuclear destruction of another country.
    Hell, I even once got banned for calling the USA evil.
    So you tell me why this thread is allowed to continue.
    It is NOT Chinese water, it is international water. The islands that they are using to claim jurisdiction are man-made and do not count legally.