Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hopes for original race customisations in 9.0?

We've already got a preview of some of the customisations for many of the original races, and from what we see, my assessment is that they are a "soft" allied race addition:

Wildhammer dwarves, Oriental & Black humans, Upright skinned undead etc - could all have also been allied races themselves.

The best way of implementing them is to add them to class customisation, so not every class has access to them. Like Wildhammer customisation will be available on certain classes for dwarves (especially Shaman), but make no sense on some. I hope blizzard make the right choice.

However we haven't got customisations revealed for the Elves, who are quite popular. I wonder what they'd do there.

I have a suspicion blood elves may get a San'layn (i.e. DK) customisation for all their classes, and possibly blue eyes too. The only other thing I can think of them giving blood elves might be some beard options. A more creative option might exist to give some version of restored wretched. Blood elves with non-glowy eyes and a bit more dishevelled appearances, like an unshaven or grown beard, more crooked eyebrows.

For night elves, the first thing that comes to mind is a highborne customisation, their version of the nightborne. Available for mage, priest, hunter, warrior and rogue classes. I can possibly see Illidari customisation only available for demon hunters atm being extended as the option for Night elf warlocks -w hic makes sense that an Illidari night elf could be a warlock. The only other customisation options for night elves are nature ones with antlers or satyr legs, there is no lore precedence here as only druids can grow talents and on the most naturally talented of them. The Farondis could provide a modified template for a new customisation, they are a large group, and with the visit to the shadowlands upcoming, an excuse could be made to somehow get them a modified night elf look that could pass - although that may suit a an allied race rather than a customisation.

Tauren customisations could definitely be the Taunka we've wanted for a long time, I can see taunka being available for every class but paladin/priests, there is also Yaungol, though they could work as an allied race too,

Any wishes, ideas or thoughts?

I'd like the option to add a pipe. No, I'm perfectly serious. And perhaps a monocle.

Why are you making a new thred every other hour?

Why are you so caught up on elves?

Why don't you just wait until 8.3.5 so you can actually see what we will get? Obviously nobody can answer this question, it's not even a matter of discussion, it's entirely on Blizzard.

At least this time you didn't start with a confusing poll. Kudos I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    We've already got a preview of some of the customisations for many of the original races, and from what we see, my assessment is that they are a "soft" allied race addition:

Wildhammer dwarves, Oriental & Black humans, Upright skinned undead etc - could all have also been allied races themselves.

The best way of implementing them is to add them to class customisation, so not every class has access to them. Like Wildhammer customisation will be available on certain classes for dwarves (especially Shaman), but make no sense on some. I hope blizzard make the right choice.

However we haven't got customisations revealed for the Elves, who are quite popular. I wonder what they'd do there.

I have a suspicion blood elves may get a San'layn (i.e. DK) customisation for all their classes, and possibly blue eyes too. The only other thing I can think of them giving blood elves might be some beard options. A more creative option might exist to give some version of restored wretched. Blood elves with non-glowy eyes and a bit more dishevelled appearances, like an unshaven or grown beard, more crooked eyebrows.

For night elves, the first thing that comes to mind is a highborne customisation, their version of the nightborne. Available for mage, priest, hunter, warrior and rogue classes. I can possibly see Illidari customisation only available for demon hunters atm being extended as the option for Night elf warlocks -w hic makes sense that an Illidari night elf could be a warlock. The only other customisation options for night elves are nature ones with antlers or satyr legs, there is no lore precedence here as only druids can grow talents and on the most naturally talented of them. The Farondis could provide a modified template for a new customisation, they are a large group, and with the visit to the shadowlands upcoming, an excuse could be made to somehow get them a modified night elf look that could pass - although that may suit a an allied race rather than a customisation.

Tauren customisations could definitely be the Taunka we've wanted for a long time, I can see taunka being available for every class but paladin/priests, there is also Yaungol, though they could work as an allied race too,

Any wishes, ideas or thoughts?
    This is clearly just an incognito "I want High Elves" post. Blizzard already said no, give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Why are you making a new thred every other hour?

Why are you so caught up on elves?

Why don't you just wait until 8.3.5 so you can actually see what we will get? Obviously nobody can answer this question, it's not even a matter of discussion, it's entirely on Blizzard.

At least this time you didn't start with a confusing poll. Kudos I guess.
    I wish you would comment on the months i don't post anything and ask me why i'm not posting in threads and responding.

"Caught up with elves? " hmmm..Elves are what a lot of people want to talk about, and i want to discuss them, does that make me caught up with them?

I only made 2 polls today not every topic i make has a poll.. why are you so bothered?

And yes, i know no one can answer tthat question for sure, and that's not what I'm asking them to do, I just want to know what they'd like to see or have. I'm curious and a little bored waiting for downloads and streams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This is clearly just an incognito "I want High Elves" post. Blizzard already said no, give it up.
    We have a megathread for that, although you could discuss blood elves getting a high elf customisation, that would fit the topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I'd like the option to add a pipe. No, I'm perfectly serious. And perhaps a monocle.
    Actually that's a good one, I know Swtor did have some head gear options that gave those things.

For Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Pandaren, and Tauren, a lankier or smaller build style would be great.

For Worgen and Tauren, I'd like to be able to change the mane style like I would other hair styles.

For Undead and Trolls, another posture option like the orcs just got might be nice. Maybe undead can be ghoooosts.. spooooky~

Goblin can be shamans, customization realism be damned, give us everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Goblin can be shamans, customization realism be damned, give us everything!
    Hey, what's wrong with Goblin shamans!? My 120 shaman is a goblin! I thought given the appearance of their totems, they're not "real shamans" but rather, use mechanized totems to unleash elements like fire, water, earth and wind. Kind of like how Tauren paladins aren't really paladins, but more like Druids in plate who specialize in solar energy.

On topic, I definitely want lanky/skinny options for humans so I can create a mage who doesn't look like a bodybuilder. Use the Kul'tiran undead/re-skin model.

Give me:
    Blue eyes for Blood Elves
    Eredar for Draenei
    Fel Orcs for Orcs
    Highborne for Night Elves (light skin and fair hair night elves, a good compromise I'd say)
    Taunka faces with small tiny horns for Tauren
    Gilgoblins for Goblins
    Half-sized humans so I can create a Hobbit
    Amani trolls for Darkspears
    Wildhammer tattoos for Bronzebeards are already confirmed so I'm good with dwarves

You forsake a new class, fourth specs and even class re-skins for "customization" SO GIVE ME EVERYTHING!!!

Some stuff i could think about and wasn't mentioned so far as i have seen:

For my blood elf warlock i want more intense fel green eyes and fel tattoo options, like the demon hunters have. Blood elves in TFT and the RPG / Core Books were big on magical tattoos.

For humans and blood elves i would like that Blizzard uses the skinny human model they integrated in BfA, so we can have the stereotypical old wizard type of mage. That would be awesome in my opinion. Of course we'd also need the proper options for beards and haircuts.

For Orcs, i'd like different tusks sizes and forms. Trolls already get that. We saw that Saurfang and Thrall have widely different looking tusks, so i think that could one neat detail.

And overall, more race specific and fitting haircuts, beards, tattoos, ornaments, jewelry where it fits.

One really important point for me are more options in regards to faces that look distinct to each other. Blizzard failed in that regard and i hope they will fix this. But have my doubts when it comes to properly done faces.

We're getting boneless undead, but I legitimately want an undead with *more* bones showing. Extra decay, it's very unlikely, but I would love to be a straight up skeleton.

For Blood Elves, I want blue eyes, so we can finally say we have playable High Elves without adding an entirely new race. But, like the black eyes for Night Elves, I'd want it tied to a short quest chain about the fate of the Silver Covenant, being torn between the Blood Elves and Void Elves. Throw in felblood red skin and fel tattoos, and I'd race change all of my characters.

Please please please, dragonmaw orcs. To contrast the wildhammer dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Fel Orcs for Orcs
    I think that one's a stretch, but I'm all for it. They seem a bit too different to just be a customization, like the Broken

7+ Year Old Account
    eye colors not locked in the face, more hair/beard option, scars and tattoos would already be big improvement alone for me, i hate the current hairstyles of most races, most of the orc ones are just bald or half bald

i was expecting personally, undeads without the bones showing, already get that, then im looking for more troll subtypes like the amani/forest trolls, dragonmaw and blackrock(eitrigg) skin for orcs, grimtotem for taurens

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have two: more human looking Forsaken for me and blue-eyed Blood Elves for my entertainment.

If Blood elves get a blue eye option that would likely be the final nail in the coffin for playable High Elves.. and also the last straw for me. If that happens I don't think I'll ever reactivate my wow account.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I have two: more human looking Forsaken for me and blue-eyed Blood Elves for my entertainment.
    Ah, you're one of those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blue eyes and WC2-themed tattoos for Blood Elves. A shitton more hairstyles, beards for the males.

I just hope they don't try and give us a black skin tone elves or Forest Trolls or something daft like that.

Yeah I want my undead to be able become slug full bones.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Ah, you're one of those people.
    Do you mean sane people? Because for sure I'll never do something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    If Blood elves get a blue eye option that would likely be the final nail in the coffin for playable High Elves.. and also the last straw for me. If that happens I don't think I'll ever reactivate my wow account.
    And let's be real - you wouldn't do this anyway, we all know that ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blue eyes and WC2-themed tattoos for Blood Elves. A shitton more hairstyles, beards for the males.
    Blood Elves can't grow full beards, isn't it bad enough that Void Elves can grow mustaches now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

I just hope they don't try and give us a black skin tone elves or Forest Trolls or something daft like that.
    Black skin toned elves should be an allied race not a customisation, since the night elf group (kaldorei/shal'dorei) are purple, elves with the chocolate brown and dark skin tones of black people in real life would be a very interesting addition as an allied race.

It would be horrible and silly to give blood elves that skin tone though as a customisation, cos it just doesnt fit them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Some stuff i could think about and wasn't mentioned so far as i have seen:

For my blood elf warlock i want more intense fel green eyes and fel tattoo options, like the demon hunters have. Blood elves in TFT and the RPG / Core Books were big on magical tattoos.

For humans and blood elves i would like that Blizzard uses the skinny human model they integrated in BfA, so we can have the stereotypical old wizard type of mage. That would be awesome in my opinion. Of course we'd also need the proper options for beards and haircuts.

For Orcs, i'd like different tusks sizes and forms. Trolls already get that. We saw that Saurfang and Thrall have widely different looking tusks, so i think that could one neat detail.

And overall, more race specific and fitting haircuts, beards, tattoos, ornaments, jewelry where it fits.

One really important point for me are more options in regards to faces that look distinct to each other. Blizzard failed in that regard and i hope they will fix this. But have my doubts when it comes to properly done faces.
    Reinhart, I think Illidari nightnelves and blood elves should be available for the warlock class customisation. Blood elves should have full access to both normal and Illidari customisations when they select warlock

Night elves should gain the warlock class but only with the demon hunter Illidari customisations selectable with it. Yes, horns, wings and tattoos, they should gain glide, but not double jump I think.

As for orcs, a half orc option with a human looking facial features and smaller tusks could be amazing to have. Might make orcs worth playing

For draenei I want longer tails, more horn options, and jewelry. It's so silly that the race with the JC bonus has 0 jewelry options. For males specifically a slender build would be nice, but I doubt we'll get anything that changes the model.

For blood elves blue eyes and weapon scaling. I hate the new giant ass weapons they were given with their new models.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Black skin toned elves should be an allied race not a customisation, since the night elf group (kaldorei/shal'dorei) are purple, elves with the chocolate brown and dark skin tones of black people in real life would be a very interesting addition as an allied race.

It would be horrible and silly to give blood elves that skin tone though as a customisation, cos it just doesnt fit them
    Darker skin tones are already confirmed for Blood Elves. There is zero chance they would split races based on real life skin colors. It would be a political minefield.