Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elvui is overrated most people who use it have shitty keybinds and macros and depend on DBM to tell them how to raid

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    Elvui is overrated most people who use it have shitty keybinds and macros and depend on DBM to tell them how to raid
    That is clearly not true. I know that some of the raiders from Method use it and they are the top players in the world. And my guess is that if you were to compare the people who use Blizzard's default ui to people who use ElvUi on average the players who use ElvUi would be considered better (they recognize the need for customizing your UI).

I've only ever used the default UI. My only complaint is that I can't rearrange the bars... something that, UI addons or not, Blizzard should have changed years ago.

Most UIs are trying way too hard to be flashy and that is never appealing to me. In that sense, ElvUI (by default) is at least okay (from how it looks, I've never tried it). But, I'm comfortable with the default UI and I've yet to feel directly held back by it in any way.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-01-20 at 03:48 AM.

2 options then.

Option 1: Dont use it.

Option 2: Change it to what you want it to look like, if you like Blizzard unitframes more im sure you can disable Elvui's unitframes.

One method of ”building” or at least evaluating your UI is in my opinion this;

Alt+z and play a bit, like worldquests, leveling an alt or whatever.
    Write down what you feel is a problem, like:
    Your HP?
    Target HP? (Total value? %?)
    Cooldowns? (If so, which?)
    Etc

Then I would only have the things listed visible in my UI and then last step of course is getting that presented in a manner that is visually appealing for _you_.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    im sure you can disable Elvui's unitframes.
    You can disable the "skin" from any of Blizz's frames so it looks like the default.

You can enable/disable any of the raid frames you want

Any part of the wow UI that you like you can have it show. I don't have a personal attachment to Elvui but when people say they don't like it I don't understand what they mean because you can configure the hell out of the addon. I understand if you want the stock UI look, then of course there's no reason to get Elvui but to call Elvui ugly I don't get it.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

I was not happy with the "Default Elvui" either but once i`ve got into settings, everything changed. Now i can`t play without Elvui. I also have Shadow and Light installed (this adds more customization to the UI).

You're not the only one, my friend! I used to absolutely need it, but the base UI is actually more than enough for me now. I do have an extra bar from bartender for toys and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuxs View Post
    That is clearly not true. I know that some of the raiders from Method use it and they are the top players in the world.
    AFAIK Weakaura's + Nameplates ussage is required (by contract), while the rest if free to use what ever they want. It makes perfect sense to SELL a shiny Elvui as a sub-perk for casual viewers that value shiny UI's above functional ones.

A custom functional UI that is tailored to a specific player/role is not really great as a sub-perk, because the people who "buy" UI's are clearly not able to take advantage of such UI's in the first place and would be better of with the standard blizzard one made for casuals in mind.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    If I could find a nice vertical xp/atrifact/honor bar and a vertical rep bar that changed based on current rep gains and opened the rep interface on click, I would drop Elv and go full custom for the other things i use it for.

But I havent found that nice tidy vertical XP bar yet.

I turn off nearly all the skins in Elv, only leave a couple like the floating head skinned to Elv.
    takes like 2 minutes to make in tellmewhen