Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've only ever used the default UI. My only complaint is that I can't rearrange the bars... something that, UI addons or not, Blizzard should have changed years ago.

Most UIs are trying way too hard to be flashy and that is never appealing to me. In that sense, ElvUI (by default) is at least okay (from how it looks, I've never tried it). But, I'm comfortable with the default UI and I've yet to feel directly held back by it in any way.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-01-20 at 03:48 AM.

2 options then.

Option 1: Dont use it.

Option 2: Change it to what you want it to look like, if you like Blizzard unitframes more im sure you can disable Elvui's unitframes.

One method of ”building” or at least evaluating your UI is in my opinion this;

Alt+z and play a bit, like worldquests, leveling an alt or whatever.
    Write down what you feel is a problem, like:
    Your HP?
    Target HP? (Total value? %?)
    Cooldowns? (If so, which?)
    Etc

Then I would only have the things listed visible in my UI and then last step of course is getting that presented in a manner that is visually appealing for _you_.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    im sure you can disable Elvui's unitframes.
    You can disable the "skin" from any of Blizz's frames so it looks like the default.

You can enable/disable any of the raid frames you want

Any part of the wow UI that you like you can have it show. I don't have a personal attachment to Elvui but when people say they don't like it I don't understand what they mean because you can configure the hell out of the addon. I understand if you want the stock UI look, then of course there's no reason to get Elvui but to call Elvui ugly I don't get it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I was not happy with the "Default Elvui" either but once i`ve got into settings, everything changed. Now i can`t play without Elvui. I also have Shadow and Light installed (this adds more customization to the UI).

You're not the only one, my friend! I used to absolutely need it, but the base UI is actually more than enough for me now. I do have an extra bar from bartender for toys and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuxs View Post
    That is clearly not true. I know that some of the raiders from Method use it and they are the top players in the world.
    AFAIK Weakaura's + Nameplates ussage is required (by contract), while the rest if free to use what ever they want. It makes perfect sense to SELL a shiny Elvui as a sub-perk for casual viewers that value shiny UI's above functional ones.

A custom functional UI that is tailored to a specific player/role is not really great as a sub-perk, because the people who "buy" UI's are clearly not able to take advantage of such UI's in the first place and would be better of with the standard blizzard one made for casuals in mind.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    If I could find a nice vertical xp/atrifact/honor bar and a vertical rep bar that changed based on current rep gains and opened the rep interface on click, I would drop Elv and go full custom for the other things i use it for.

But I havent found that nice tidy vertical XP bar yet.

I turn off nearly all the skins in Elv, only leave a couple like the floating head skinned to Elv.
    takes like 2 minutes to make in tellmewhen

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I mean come on, dude.... Elvui is literally advertised as a clean modern angular UI, so of course it's not medieval themed.

Angular =/= modern. If anything ELVUI is antiquated, it’s anything but modern with it’s design choice. It looks like it lives in the 90s or something definitely not modern.

ELVUI looks horrendous out of the box and people are defending that. Who in the world wants blocky font and perfectly square/rectangular everything? It looks like it was designed by someone who doesn’t understand design.
    Last edited by Lolokay; 2022-11-11 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkkrop View Post
    Pitbull + grid2 + clique > any addon combination. I swear by it.
    same

but the customization for pitbull is a bit cluttered. when i want to change something i spend too much time with finding where the option for that is buried.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I love Elvui when it comes to: everything is there, you don't need to download addons that can conflict with others or keep updating everything because it's all in one...
    but... I don't like the looks and i certainly got used to blizzard's ui because it feels much more like a "medieval" UI, than what Elvui provides.

And i also hate the 2D portraits and 3D portraits are just bad, and well i hate even more not having a portrait at all, i like the blizzard's ui in that sense. It feels it's the game i want to play.

Elvui has things so much i don't know... darker, heavier? It actually hurts my eyes...

I'm i the only one feeling this?
    You're definitely not the only one. Actually, I refuse to use it anymore. The benefits just don't outweigh the drawbacks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolokay View Post
    Angular =/= modern. If anything ELVUI is antiquated, it’s anything but modern with it’s design choice. It looks like it lives in the 90s or something definitely not modern.

ELVUI looks horrendous out of the box and people are defending that. Who in the world wants blocky font and perfectly square/rectangular everything? It looks like it was designed by someone who doesn’t understand design.
    I agree with this. I've used ElvUI for a number of years on and off since with WoW and the final time I removed it, it was because I realised I just didn't like it. It was a fiddly annoying nightmare to customize.

A lot of people dont use elvui. You can add everything elvui does with other addons. It wont just be all in one since elvui is a ui overhaul.

Depending on your level of play and what you want to do. You might not need to change that much stuff.

I lost my ui at a critical time during the first week of sanctum and ended up clearing most of the raid with just bigwigs, plater, weakauras and details. The guild I was playing with at the time was ranked around top 50 in the world. An argument can be made that you can do a lot with weakauras which is true but the point is that just add things that you want and need. Dont let people tell you want you should want and need.

Look at Trill in Liquid. His ui is mostly default and he is one of the most accomplished players in the world. Both for PvE and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    Look at Trill in Liquid. His ui is mostly default and he is one of the most accomplished players in the world. Both for PvE and PvP.
    Just because something can be done a certain way doesn't mean it is the best for everyone. Kind of the opposite most of the time since these people are definitionally outliers
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Just because something can be done a certain way doesn't mean it is the best for everyone. Kind of the opposite most of the time since these people are definitionally outliers
    Trill is most definitely an outlier. There is a reason that most people at that level dont use default ui. The point still stands tho. Just because elvui is a popular overhaul does not mean one needs to use it.