Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    2010-2019 sucked

    Do you agree or not?

    What was a big event(s) for you the last years when we come from the age of rise of the internet in 2000-2009 when it really became big and before that the rise of the mobile Phone in 1990-1999. All i can come up for the last 10 years is the rise of the snowflake generation and the complain culture.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Do you agree or not?

    What was a big event(s) for you the last years when we come from the age of rise of the internet in 2000-2009 when it really became big and before that the rise of the mobile Phone in 1990-1999. All i can come up for the last 10 years is the rise of the snowflake generation and the complain culture.
    SJWs trying to police how we create and play our games, etc. The snowflakes won't stop with the three domains of space that we regularly occupy; land, sea, air. They want the fourth and fifth domains as well; space and cyber. In the end of the day, we just want to play our games and express ourselves. We do not care if we are "Culturally appropriating" anyone. I don't need any "sensitivity training". It's snowflake SJWs that need to stop being so sensitive.

    To make matters worse, they are now sympathetic to socialism/communism. I kid you not, WE CAPITALISTS gave them the phone and they complain about CAPITALISM. Biting the hand that feeds them more like it.

  3. #3
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    18,171
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Do you agree or not?

    What was a big event(s) for you the last years when we come from the age of rise of the internet in 2000-2009 when it really became big and before that the rise of the mobile Phone in 1990-1999. All i can come up for the last 10 years is the rise of the snowflake generation and the complain culture.
    Mobile phones didn't get big until after 2000.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    24,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Mobile phones didn't get big until after 2000.
    uhm what? mobile phones didn't really gain traction until around 2005-2006.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    uhm what? mobile phones didn't really gain traction until around 2005-2006.
    OK, boomer. Just because you didn't learn how to use a mobile phone until the mid-2000s doesn't mean they didn't exist and were widely used before that.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-31 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling - Be civil

  6. #6
    It was pretty great till half the nation decided they wanted to harm the lives of the other half because of our differences.

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    24,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    OK, boomer. Just because you didn't learn how to use a mobile phone until the mid-2000s doesn't mean they didn't exist and were widely used before that.
    congrats on failing to guess my actual age. makes you look real smart doesn't it? i'm refering to the iphone not the cell phones that were in use before then or the pagers before that. also i stand corrected it was 2007. not 2005.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-12-31 at 05:14 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    uhm what? mobile phones didn't really gain traction until around 2005-2006.
    There was a considerable amount of mobile phone users around 2000. Its not like today when everyone has one, but to say they didnt start gaining traction until 2005-2006 is not right. Not everyone had a cellphone until 2005, but a large percentage of the population did. Nokia 3210 was released in 1999 and is one of the most sold phones of all time.

  9. #9
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    18,171
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    uhm what? mobile phones didn't really gain traction until around 2005-2006.
    That would be after 2000 wouldn't it? The point I was making is that it wasn't in the 90's like op said.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Do you agree or not?

    What was a big event(s) for you the last years when we come from the age of rise of the internet in 2000-2009 when it really became big and before that the rise of the mobile Phone in 1990-1999. All i can come up for the last 10 years is the rise of the snowflake generation and the complain culture.
    my dad and nan died so.......yea fuck the last decade.

  11. #11
    When we're kids we're often told that everyone has the same chance to be wealthy, become famous, or President, etc. It's kind of a fundamental assumption of Capitalism that everyone is equal and has an equal chance. But as time passes you realize that's not really the case at all, it's more that life is like being dealt a hand of cards in poker. You can be dealt a good hand or a bad hand. Many people turn a bad hand into a good game, but the odds are against it. And it's a whole lot easier with a good hand. For me at least, the decade of the 2010's was 2-7 offsuit (for those that know poker).

    If I were given a chance to magically relive my 2010-2019 like I had a body cam on through the entire decade, no way. Good riddance. So if your 2010's sucked, here's to a new start and the 2020's.

  12. #12
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having a beer with dad'hardt
    Posts
    25,912
    Of course it sucked, it was this centuries teenage years, and we all know teenage years suck in general.

  13. #13
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    22,538
    Nope. Do not agree. Every year is a blessing is the way I look at it. Sure there are disappointing times and depressing times. But those are part of life. There are no guarantees everything will be rosy all the time. And in some cases, we sleep in the beds we make.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,023
    Definitely my best decade so far! Bought my own house, my career has skyrocketed. My parents retired and are doing things they have always wanted to do. Overall I am very happy with the 2010s.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    SJWs trying to police how we create and play our games, etc. The snowflakes won't stop with the three domains of space that we regularly occupy; land, sea, air. They want the fourth and fifth domains as well; space and cyber. In the end of the day, we just want to play our games and express ourselves. We do not care if we are "Culturally appropriating" anyone. I don't need any "sensitivity training". It's snowflake SJWs that need to stop being so sensitive.

    To make matters worse, they are now sympathetic to socialism/communism. I kid you not, WE CAPITALISTS gave them the phone and they complain about CAPITALISM. Biting the hand that feeds them more like it.
    Are you OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It was pretty great till half the nation decided they wanted to harm the lives of the other half because of our differences.
    Which half of the nation was this? Cause I see violence on both sides but the right is the most deadly and seems to love attacking voting rights whenever possible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    SJWs trying to police how we create and play our games, etc. The snowflakes won't stop with the three domains of space that we regularly occupy; land, sea, air. They want the fourth and fifth domains as well; space and cyber. In the end of the day, we just want to play our games and express ourselves. We do not care if we are "Culturally appropriating" anyone. I don't need any "sensitivity training". It's snowflake SJWs that need to stop being so sensitive.

    To make matters worse, they are now sympathetic to socialism/communism. I kid you not, WE CAPITALISTS gave them the phone and they complain about CAPITALISM. Biting the hand that feeds them more like it.
    We don't practice pure capitalism no western country in the world does because it's cancer. We have a mixed system know one idea was good on it's own this is fact.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  17. #17
    Epic! smityx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Walmart Basment FEMA Camp 7
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Mobile phones didn't get big until after 2000.
    Yarp most of us were still using pagers well into the 2000's

  18. #18
    I'm a personal optimist, but a pessimist on the broader and longer time-scale level. Things have gone incredibly well for me during that time - I've had great opportunities, made money, become much fitter, learned new skills, met and married my wife, and much more. On the broader level, we can see some concerning signs of societal decay, but we're still hanging on to a society that has enough left to give all of us in the first world great chances to do the things we want to do in life. Drawing exact parallels will always have problems, but the United States looks like early third century Rome to me.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It was pretty great till half the nation decided they wanted to harm the lives of the other half because of our differences.
    I wonder what county are you talking about because there were several civil wars instigated across the world over last 10 years, including Libya, Syria, Ukraine and Yemen

  20. #20
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    33,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    SJWs trying to police how we create and play our games, etc. The snowflakes won't stop with the three domains of space that we regularly occupy; land, sea, air. They want the fourth and fifth domains as well; space and cyber. In the end of the day, we just want to play our games and express ourselves. We do not care if we are "Culturally appropriating" anyone. I don't need any "sensitivity training". It's snowflake SJWs that need to stop being so sensitive.

    To make matters worse, they are now sympathetic to socialism/communism. I kid you not, WE CAPITALISTS gave them the phone and they complain about CAPITALISM. Biting the hand that feeds them more like it.
    When you say sjws trying to control things are you talking about conservative Republicans because... they’re the ones trying to control the lives of people while Also hating being called out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •