Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've always loved half-breeds so would love to play a half-orc or half-elf. If Blizzard wasn't so against them they would make great neutral races.

The thing I like about Half-Orcs of the human variety is That they could have potential to mesh with either faction with their heritage armor logically being a mixture of Human and Orcish armor being full armor like something a full human would wear but grungier with the classic orcish pelts, skulls, spikes and antlers mixed in, and with their racial mount being a horse/mule(fitting the half-breed theme) with matching armor, Half-Draenei Orcs could have a similar situation but it would be difficult to differentiate from Broken

Gameplay wise they could bring Racials similar to either of their parent races to the opposite faction, or having elements of both if they go the neutral angle
    Last edited by Psykho; 2020-01-01 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    The thing I like about Half-Orcs of the human variety is That they could have potential to mesh with either faction with their heritage armor logically being a mixture of Human and Orcish armor being full armor like something a full human would wear but grungier with the classic orcish pelts, skulls, spikes and antlers mixed in, and with their racial mount being a horse/mule(fitting the half-breed theme) with matching armor, Half-Draenei Orcs could have a similar situation but it would be difficult to differentiate from Broken

Gameplay wise they could bring Racials similar to either of their parent races to the opposite faction, or having elements of both if they go the neutral angle
    Thank you. When I see topics like this, I jus thtiknk possibilities and the cool things that can be done, good stories that can come of it, and interesting new variables, some people just hate on it, and I am always surprised why.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the only half i would be interested is Moknathal, and maybe Half-Elf as a way for Blizzard to introduce a more HE like race to the Alliance without actually putting HE, but even that is a stretch for me

I do think things like half orcs, other race models for the Forsaken and various things like that would have been a better version of allied races.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why do all of those orcs look like they're apart of some weird fan fiction fetish?

Garrona and Rexxar are both half orc, mixed with other parts. Yet look pretty normal, and I personally would probably play Half Orc/Ogre like Rexxar.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Why do all of those orcs look like they're apart of some weird fan fiction fetish?

Garrona and Rexxar are both half orc, mixed with other parts. Yet look pretty normal, and I personally would probably play Half Orc/Ogre like Rexxar.
    It should be noted we currently don't have a unique model for any half-orcs except Rexxar not even the ones that stand out like Garona and Lantresor

I'm surprised you don't think half the game is weird fanfiction.

But to be honest the entire game is someone elses fanfiction.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be noted we currently don't have a unique model for any half-orcs except Rexxar not even the ones that stand out like Garona and Lantresor
    That's always annoyed me a bit.. we don' have unique models for any half breed, none of the half orcs, or half elves do, you either have the model for one of hte races, example Arator has a blood elf model, while Kalecgos has a human one, Rexxar until very recently had an orc model. THe other half orc/draeneis and Garona all have orc models.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm surprised you don't think half the game is weird fanfiction.

But to be honest the entire game is someone elses fanfiction.

- - - Updated - - -
    Honestly, I stay away from it mostly. Not my cup of tea. I find it a bit weird/strange and have seen it devolve into borderline illegal topics.

I was always a fan of Rexxar, mostly because he was a badass in WC3. So when I saw the thread I was eager to see what other folks said.

I also had not noticed that only Rexxar had a unique model. Although, I don't think we've seen Lantresor for some time? They all should have their own models. And if lore serves me correctly, there is only one such being that we know of ( so far ) with Rexxar type genetics. So I guess in theory they had no choice for him?

Honestly, I stay away from it mostly. Not my cup of tea. I find it a bit weird/strange and have seen it devolve into borderline illegal topics.

I was always a fan of Rexxar, mostly because he was a badass in WC3. So when I saw the thread I was eager to see what other folks said.

I also had not noticed that only Rexxar had a unique model. Although, I don't think we've seen Lantresor for some time? They all should have their own models. And if lore serves me correctly, there is only one such being that we know of ( so far ) with Rexxar type genetics. So I guess in theory they had no choice for him?
    We actually saw Lantresor during the Mag'har recruitment scenario, riding around on a wolf and wielding a pickaxe, why lantresor of all people was given the mining trait in WoD I'll never know

First, Vulpera. Now... this?

Are you trying to awaken something inside of me?

We actually saw Lantresor during the Mag'har recruitment scenario, riding around on a wolf and wielding a pickaxe, why lantresor of all people was given the mining trait in WoD I'll never know
    He's too much of a badass to be a miner... I dislike that idea. lol

I was always hoping for the Blademaster class. Leather/cloth wearer with a giant 2handed sword.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They look fun, I'd play one! I think Half-Orc with Draenei options would make them look the most unique. Maybe they could have horns, tails, and hooves?
    That would be... unnerving, to say the least
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    No

Warcraf orcs are not elder scrolls orcs or something like that.

They are warcraft orcs and fine.
    I don't quite see why that keeps half-breeds, especially between Orcs, Draenei, Humans, and Elves from existing as customization options for existing races at the very least. They already exist in Warcraft lore, and several characters are half-bred. Garona is half-orc/half-draenei as well as Lantresor of the Blade (despite being a minor BC questgiver). Arator (son of Alleria & Turalyon) is half-high elf/half-human as was Alodi, The First Guardian. Rexxar is half-orc/half-ogre, and belongs to an entire clan of half-ogres called the Mok'nathal which have a pretty firm presence in the lore.

Heck, even though every warcraft lore nut hates him, and Blizzard has all but retconned him, Med'an (who's still technically canon) is the son of Garona & Medivh, making him half human, and a quarter-draenei/orc

Those art pieces definitely aren't even from the warcraft universe and I agree they lack the iconic feel of the WCU Orcs, (I bet most of them are probably just D&D characters or LoTR fanart or something) but it's obvious they are meant to show the concept, rather than depict what warcraft halfbreeds would or should look like. Everyone pointing out their source on tumblr or deviantart don't have much of a point, and people who are essentially saying "your idea sucks because something-something tumblr deviantart sissy fangirls" are pretty much straw-manning here. It doesn't really have anything to do with the idea of playable hybrid races in WoW..
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2020-01-03 at 05:46 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

I honestly can't imagine many half breed children would have survived childhood to become playable characters, or if they had I doubt anyone on either side would trust them. Any Human/Orc child would have probably been killed the moment it was born. Same for the most part with Draenei/Orc. Lantresor even says "Not orc, nor draenei. My own kind are a rare breed. Most having been killed decades ago... I live because of my strength of will." and Garona is a special case because of Gul'dan. The Mok'nathal are the results of Gorian Ogre experiments and Rexxar is the only known one still on Azeroth, although there is a whole village in Outland. As for Elf/Human hybrids lorewise we have a grand total of four; Alodi, Arator, and Vareesa's twins. Humans and High Elves were interacting for long periods of time and yet these are all the examples we have.

Personally, with the exception of the Mok'nathal, I feel these cases are so rare that there is no reason to make them playable characters. We've already went down this once with the Void Elves and at least they have the excuse that more of them can be created from existing High Elves.

If we do see something like this anytime soon, I would expect it to come from the new customization options in 9.0 and to be mainly for Elf/Human characters. Things such as pointy eared humans.

Oh yeah, half-breeds would be a pretty no-brainer allied race for the future. Have Alliance half-elves, Horde half-ogres (mok'nathal, like Rexxar) and half-orcs and half-draenei that can pick a faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Half-Orcs totally remind me of the game Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    Oh yeah, half-breeds would be a pretty no-brainer allied race for the future. Have Alliance half-elves, Horde half-ogres (mok'nathal, like Rexxar) and half-orcs and half-draenei that can pick a faction.
    Now that would be cool, too good to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. They look wimpy as hell. Like they're from some emo punk band or something.

Now an orc/ogre like Rexxar? Hell yeah.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe