Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd rather play a half Ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They look fun, I'd play one! I think Half-Orc with Draenei options would make them look the most unique. Maybe they could have horns, tails, and hooves?
    Half-orc / half-draenei typically have nearly no draenei features and look pretty much entirely like orcs or a bit smaller than orcs. They might have glowing eyes (Garona) but no horns, tails, etc.

I'd like to play Moknathal, which is half orc half ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Human features (if half human): Pretty face, full beards, hairstyles, streamline body
    Draenei features (if half draenei): Pretty face (same with half humans), horn ridged forehead, draenei hairstyles, bulky body (no hunch)
    The problem for this is that you need a big enough human or night elf town friendly to the Horde and hostile to the Alliance, and that has been interbreeding with orcs for quite some time to make the Allied Race viable, if this is to be a Horde AR.

Or an orc village friendly to the Alliance and hostile to the Horde, and has been interbreeding with humans or night elves for quite some time, if it's supposed to be an Alliance AR.

Ogre features: More Ogre looking face, bigger tusks, bigger body - yellow/green skin tones
    That's Rexxar, if you're looking for examples of features.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The problem for this is that you need a big enough human or night elf town friendly to the Horde and hostile to the Alliance, and that has been interbreeding with orcs for quite some time to make the Allied Race viable, if this is to be a Horde AR.

Or an orc village friendly to the Alliance and hostile to the Horde, and has been interbreeding with humans or night elves for quite some time, if it's supposed to be an Alliance AR.
    And I don't doubt such is possible to exist, but we don't need that for playability if these guys are packaged as indvidudals that have come from unions of parents, aren't large enough to be a peole group because theya re scarce, so in order to survive nearly all always become hardened adventurers.

So you're actually a rare breed adventurer, , if on the alliance, you're grew up with your human parent, if on the horde you grew up with your orc parent - but communities found it much tougher to accept you.

Generally I think half orcs should be horde only, for some reason, I feel because of the tusks and greenish tint, they'd find more acceptance on the horde than on the alliance.

They could also be a purchaseable unlock. But I wonder if they ever did the purchase option, how they would package it? Would it be available with a full class selection, or will it be a unique class identity, like a customised warrior (Blademaster) with a few select other class options like warrior/hunter/rogue and lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's Rexxar, if you're looking for examples of features.
    Yes, I was thinking of Rexxar and the Mok'nathal race, which is said village of orcs friendly with ogres over time

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Do you even play the game you are opening threads about non-stop?

Judging by the frequency of these outlandish topics you wouldn't have time to finish a normal dungeon. Can you just play the game instead?
    If people wouldn't reply how much they hate this, threads like this one would vanish quickly

Just let people have ideas, if you don't like it, don't contribute, else you promote the thread no matter your opinion.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    half orc, half machine?

otherwise, pass
    /s

And I don't doubt such is possible to exist, but we don't need that for playability if these guys are packaged as indvidudals that have come from unions of parents, aren't large enough to be a peole group because theya re scarce, so in order to survive nearly all always become hardened adventurers.
    Myself, I don't mind this. I'm actually fine with it. But if one of Blizzard's excuses against adding high elves is their low population, then the same excuse would be used here, unfortunately.

Generally I think half orcs should be horde only, for some reason, I feel because of the tusks and greenish tint, they'd find more acceptance on the horde than on the alliance.
    They'd likely find just as much 'prejudice' from the Horde due to their human parentage, too. I mean, remember Lantresor of the Blade, retelling the prejudice he had for being half-draenei?

They could also be a purchaseable unlock. But I wonder if they ever did the purchase option, how they would package it? Would it be available with a full class selection, or will it be a unique class identity, like a customised warrior (Blademaster) with a few select other class options like warrior/hunter/rogue and lock.
    No. No. HELL NO! Don't even joke to entertain that idea. Leave the cash shop as cosmetic only and character services.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get it, what's wrong with half breeds or mixed race, sometimes they work well.

I certainly would be more interested in orcs if they had a half option like these above.
    I wouldn't mind playing halfbreeds at all as long as they make since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    half orc, half machine?

otherwise, pass
    I see you fam you want to play 40K then.

Me am half orc.

Other half also orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    ravenmoon is a Trassk alt??
    Suspected it was Jaylock, myself. Need to disable/block ravenmoon...
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why would I play a disgusting halfbreed when I can play the real thing?
    Do you have a Worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Do you have a Worgen?
    No. Eww, furries.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    Suspected it was Jaylock, myself. Need to disable/block ravenmoon...
    Hard to believe people who are completely unrelated but have similar passions or idea are around huh. Have no idea who Trassk or Jaylock is, but I get this from time to time with anyone who passionately agrees with me on something. I have been accused of being at least 5 different people on the forum before.

But I shall contact these people out of curisoity and like the last times it happened, may even become very good friends with them. AFterall, that's how i met my first partner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Zugzug!!!

On topic: I don't get the hate/PTSD of half breeds people have, must be from DnD campaigns or something

Much to my dismay I've never played DnD so I have no bad experiences with or prejudices towards half orcs, but I will say that I'd rather loke a compæetely new races rather than two races mixed together, even if they look cool enough.
    I don't get that either. Wow certainly isn't DnD, and they've done everything about their races far better than DnD games. So I don't see why people should hate it. A half orc or half elf has a real identity, they aren't a race as much as they are usually loner individuals that live amongst one of the main races. The very setting and execution of wow, actually makes having a half orc a vvery interesting thing.

In my opinion, half-orc would be far more interesting than a half elf to combine features of orcs However I do think that the half breed option outlined in the first page would be an excellent approach and would allow people to combine features of orcs, humans, draenei and elves, to be a half breed and choose to be part of the human, draenei, orc or elven communities of their choice.

I think a Race selection for half breed next to Pandaren would work. You click on it and you have the character creation likei described, where you can alter the teeth to be orc like, human like or elven like, alter the ears to be elven (which elongates the eyebrows), orcish, draenei or human, alter the forehead to have the draenei horn variations (these will auto add a tail)

Once you've created your character, you can then choose to start with the humans, orcs, draenei, night elves or blood elves - with the cinematic explaining your are mixed parentage, but emphasiing the parent you grew up with (if human, ovbivously the human, if orcish obviously the orc) - or now that we have a new starting area, you might just start that way, and its the one starting zone for all of them regardless of what combo you choose, and you are there as a loner of your kind, not accepted by any of the societies of your parents, so forging your own destiny with your class.

in any circumstance you have to choose a race to identify with, you have a choice based on the features you picked.

it would be interesting I think.

I generally like half elves in, say, D&D. That said, I just don't feel like half breeds fit as a race in WoW - if anything, it makes more sense as a customization option. Given there is no real consequence to roleplaying as a minority or outsider, it doesn't really add much to the game, I feel.

Would be kind of weird to have everyone running around as green humans.

bottom left is just cholo Garrosh.

Races are tricky because we get so few of them. Whenever you suggest one you are at the same time kind of suggesting non-inclusion of other ones that could potentially fill that slot.

If races were something that comes in hundreds, then sure, but taking into account the reality of the situation, half orc is not different enough to be added as a new race IMO. Then there's also the faction issue: would they be alliance or horde? Both? That might be a bit too revolutionary for the established world.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.. I want to be the real deal and not a half ass.

Non of the human with orc tusk pictures feel anywhere cool for me. I would fer sure pass on this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i dont play Monstrositys.

Only Mok’nathal.