What's the point in fishing skill?

I've got a max level fisherman on Alliance and recently picked it up on my Horde toon and I've begun catching less and less junk as I skill up. I know the higher you go the less chance for catching junk, but that hardly requires max fishing, so what's the point in maxing out fishing nowadays?

What's the point of maxing out any profession, really? Blizzard fucked them up and you can make gold just doing the soul sucking WQ's every day for whatever grind a new allied race is tied to. Theo only profession that still makes me gold is enchanting.

well with other professions you get different recipes all the way up to 175. I know fishing is a secondary skill but in Legion for example there was an artifact fishing rod where you had to be max fishing to begin the quest, etc. There doesn't seem to be any toy/bonus/item/mount/etc from reaching max level fishing. If I'm at 125/175 then aside from just gaining skill points from fishing anyway, there's no reason to max it out. I guess I was just asking if there was anything I was unaware of besides just making gold selling fish or whatever

Blizzard fucked up big time by still allowing multiboxers to destroy AH. I have see same person ( and few of them) selling 700+ stacks of single herb or 200 stacks of Anchor weed daily.

Uhh, the point of the fishing skill is to help with the cooking skill, just like it's always been.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

There is no point.

PS: There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bokou View Post
    and I've begun catching less and less junk as I skill up
    On the surface there is no point because you could just fly from school to school and fish with utmost confidence.

But maxed skill means no junk at all so you can sit somewhere nice and fish in peace while listening to a good audio drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    On the surface there is no point because you could just fly from school to school and fish with utmost confidence.

But maxed skill means no junk at all so you can sit somewhere nice and fish in peace while listening to a good audio drama.
    This! Fishing is sooooooo relaxing in the right spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What's the point of maxing out any profession, really? Blizzard fucked them up and you can make gold just doing the soul sucking WQ's every day for whatever grind a new allied race is tied to. Theo only profession that still makes me gold is enchanting.
    Well at least old raids are still a thing but yea.. Blizzard should at the very least bring back daily CDs.

It's skills about fishing.