Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I've read in the past that if there's a fire in the house then having the door closed will give a little extra time to get out through a window or something.
    It's true that. I had firemen come around last year for a fire safety talk and they told me to close all the doors before going to bed. Although I have to leave the bedroom door slightly ajar, or the windows steam up because I'm hot stuff in bed.

Closed. I never considered leaving any door open. They’re doors. They are meant to be closed and can open to let you through. If you don’t close doors, then why have them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Closed. I never considered leaving any door open. They’re doors. They are meant to be closed and can open to let you through. If you don’t close doors, then why have them?
    then how you do walk through it if it's closed? checkmate.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    then how you do walk through it if it's closed? checkmate.
    (...) can open to let you through (...)
    ?

/10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed, locked, i move my PC desk infront of the door and face a claymore towards door before i go to bed.
    I also like to sleep with my window open.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Closed. I need a room that is absolutely dark, not a single beam of light gets in.

Closed and locked ever since waking up to a friend of my brother groping me.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Closed, locked, sometimes even with my chair parked in front of it... Even when completely alone.

Living in a college dorm my freshman year basically left me paranoid. Resident assistants and dorm maintenance at my school had no regard for privacy at all, they would knock on the door and if you didn't instantly open it, they let themselves in. I rarely scheduled early AM classes, so most days I was still asleep early in the morning. So many times over that year I would wake up and there would be random people going through my room doing whatever shit they needed to do while I was asleep. And they never gave notice either, there was never like a note on my door that said "hey next Tuesday we will be replacing your faucet at 8am" or something... They would just arbitrarily show up and do things like that; happened every other couple weeks the entire time I was there.

Don't think I will ever sleep soundly again unless I can barricade whatever door I am sleeping behind.
    Reminds me of living with my brother. Dude was a drug addict, you couldn't trust a word he said and i'd caught him in my room before. I didn't have a lock on my door so any time i left, i'd just get a load of random shit, stack it all up, take a picture of it and then squeeze around it and close the door.

If anyone opened my door, they'd knock it all down and even if they wanted to try and set it all up again, they'd never do it in the same order I did.

Caught him a few times with that one. People that don't respect privacy should be whipped naked through the street. Absolute assholes, the lot of them.

Open, so that the cats can come and go as they please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Just because they can be closed, doesn't mean that they have to be closed at all times. Do you really close very door in your house? Why would I close every door in my house just because there is a door there?

I close doors when I need to. I close a door to keep the cats outs of the kitchen when I have something cooling on the counter, I close the front door when it is too cold for the cats to be on the enclosed porch or when I am not home/sleeping but why would I close my kitchen and bedroom doors for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Open, so that the cats can come and go as they please.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because they can be closed, doesn't mean that they have to be closed at all times. Do you really close very door in your house? Why would I close every door in my house just because there is a door there?

I close doors when I need to. I close a door to keep the cats outs of the kitchen when I have something cooling on the counter, I close the front door when it is too cold for the cats to be on the enclosed porch or when I am not home/sleeping but why would I close my kitchen and bedroom doors for no reason?
    I do, yes. All doors in my house are closed. We have an open kitchen, so no door there, but hallway, toilet, bedrooms, bathroom, all closed. It’s also easier and cheaper to heat when you don’t have to heat rooms you don’t need warm.

Closed because I don't want my cat waking up my housemates.

If I'm working the next day, closed cuz I don't wanna risk my cat !@#$ing with my alarm clock.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could afford doors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like to be able to hear my kids at night (open) but there’s also times we need privacy (sexy time/closed).
    You can leave them open. Chances are after the first time the kid walks in they'll be to traumatized to do it again. Seeing mom rail dad with a large pink strap on could destroy any kids mind.

Closed, especially in winter to keep the warmth in. Summer depends, for beter circulation I tend to keep it open on the hotter nights.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    I keep mine open because of cats. That said, my roommate also has his own room and minds his own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Thats if it gets colder outside. if 40 is the lowest it goes period he won't have issues with freezing

- - - Updated - - -

science is science. aside from pressure changes water will only freeze at 32/0 or below.
    The reason people say 50 is because indoor temperature is not the same as the temperature behind the walls where the pipes are. Setting it to 40 inside can easily cause it to drop below 32 in pipes behind the wall, especially if it's an exterior wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open for ventilation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed if others are home, open if not. I prefer them open, but I'm a light sleeper so the noise from people walking around will wake me up.

Also we got cats, and I like sleeping with them.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I keep mine open because of cats. That said, my roommate also has his own room and minds his own business.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason people say 50 is because indoor temperature is not the same as the temperature behind the walls where the pipes are. Setting it to 40 inside can easily cause it to drop below 32 in pipes behind the wall, especially if it's an exterior wall.

Never heard of such a thing. And I have lived in an area where you have to worry about pipes freezing every winter.

In fact everything I understand about heating and insulation says the inside wall temp will be between the temperature inside and outside. There is no way for it to be colder than the colder side.

Sorry for large image... can't find how to resize it.

MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Slightly closed. I have kids though. So unless I lock the door, it's going to be opened eventually.