Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Closed obviously. Everyone knows monster tentacles can't wrap around door handles.

Somehow, someway, my cat always makes his way into my bed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quiet so I don't hear the other people in the house getting up (as they usually do -- before me).

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Open cause of dogs.
    Closed because of daughter. (She likes the hall/bathroom light on and I can't sleep with the light coming through the door)

But we also have a dog, and she can only open the door from outside the room.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s how you burst pipes. Hope your condo is winterized properly.
    I live in an apartment complex.
    Even it is -10 degrees outside and no heater, the inside is 60 degrees.

Am I stealing heat from my neighbor?

As for the door, I prefer open as long as no noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. And I have lived in an area where you have to worry about pipes freezing every winter.

In fact everything I understand about heating and insulation says the inside wall temp will be between the temperature inside and outside. There is no way for it to be colder than the colder side.

Sorry for large image... can't find how to resize it.

As you said, I guess it depends on what level of insulation is used and the general quality of the building. I know some old buildings around this area are definitely not up to the par of modern structures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open if its hot (most of the year) and closed if I want to keep the room warm

Closed, my cat is lovely but he will sometimes wake me either to play or just because he sits near my head. Much easier to just let him roam the house while we sleep.

My bedroom door is left open for my cat's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Closed, locked, i move my PC desk infront of the door and face a claymore towards door before i go to bed.
    I also like to sleep with my window open.
    Same but on top of the claymore I have also rigged a shotgun to go off. I too sleep with the window open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends.
    If there is someone else in the house with me, then yes or no depending on the temperature of my room/if there are windows open in the house so I need to let air flow.

If I'm alone in the house, absolutely, 100% that bitch is closed. 1 part for safety concerns (anyone happens to break into my house and I don't hear the entry, at least I have a chance to react when I hear my door open), and 1 part for calming my nerves (get kinda paranoid about the dark, so having the door closed keeps my room a safe space).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed. I like my bedroom colder than other rooms, so open door doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since I seen the beginning scene in the movie Dawn of the Dead where the little zombie girl is just standing in the parents' doorway to their room and charges at them I kept my door closed. Ever since then I've had this thought in my head that if my door is closed I would be protected by any intruder including zombies or at least ward them off long enough for me to wake up before they kill me.

Yeah stuff like this happens to me sometimes when I watch movies.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I can't sleep with the door open, I'm getting restless...