Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it did stop then a couple of times actually, they now and then say some shit about "lore" and "what makes sense" when they lock races/classes
    Until they think people will pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Nightborne never practised druidism in the past, and if they suddenly decided to now it'd essentially make them Night elves with cooler models. It's as simple as that.

Them being able to become monks makes enough sense, considering that its the new go-to melee class for all races. Learning that doesn't sideline the importance of the Arcane to their culture, unlike with druidism. (I don't mean that simply learning druidism is anti-arcane, but there is historical bad blood there.)

Seeing how they were all just BE not to long ago they should be locked into the same class combos. Of course they shouldn't even be playable since there are less than 2 dozen of them. Lore went out the window with them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Until they think people will pay for it.
    don't think so, its based on their own arbitrary decision, many times we see things who "people would pay for" and they didn't anyway

by this mentality blizzard would suck elves nuts all the time, and im gladly they are not there yet

Night elves are not Druids because they are elves, but because they are greatly attuned to nature(same goes for Cow,skycow,wolfman,Waterman,and OG troll, and taller troll)
    Druidsim is not a DNA for elves. Nightborne was cut off From the world for a long ass time, they are not attuned to nature but to arcane, is also why blood elves cant be, since they Traded all connections to Nature to an addiction to First arcane, then Fel, then later adopted into sucking that sweet sweet Holy juice. - There no nature anywhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    Night elves are not Druids because they are elves, but because they are greatly attuned to nature(same goes for Cow,skycow,wolfman,Waterman,and OG troll, and taller troll)
    Druidsim is not a DNA for elves. Nightborne was cut off From the world for a long ass time, they are not attuned to nature but to arcane, is also why blood elves cant be, since they Traded all connections to Nature to an addiction to First arcane, then Fel, then later adopted into sucking that sweet sweet Holy juice. - There no nature anywhere to be found.
    i don't think that's entirely how it works exactly, talking about so called "connections"... It's more that druidism in wow has a lot of ideological baggage with it, not unlike "paladin", to be honest. Druid culture just isn't set up in Nightborne or Blood Elf society. Hell, Gilnean humans didn't have it really either except we got a revelation of pagan-eqsue old ways for them and Kul Tiran style humans. For all we know, the worgen curse that barely preceded the fall of Gilneas as the horde was invading were first generation "druids" of the more common thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I don't understand why this didn't happen. Valewalker Farodin's close and integral role with the nightborne as well as the Val'sharah druids and priest refugees who join them up, not to mention the very active Botanists who work with nature magic amongst the nightborne...

This demonstrates both an aptitude for nature and relationships with druids who are actively help and like them. Valewalker Farodin is fond of them. Furthermore you see they have members that love nature, why aren't they druids?

The Arcan'dor the centre of their new identity replacing the Nightwell with its dual arcane/nature composition

How the F*** are they able to be monks before druids...?

I don't understand...? Druidsm in wow no longer efels elven, seriously 1 out of 6 playable druids are elves. It feels more a troll/tauren thing now. I use to feel druidsm was the elven equivalent of other races shamanism, a more intellectual approach to nature full of elven softness and love for the beauty of nature.. it has that tone for it. Whiles shamanism felt more Tauren/orc/troll like - based not on love but on respect/fear for nature of w hich the lements are a major part of (just as when we think of natural sources, we think of wind, storms earthquakes, as well as trees and animals - it's all part of nature in our understanding).

Anyway, druidsm in wow had a distinct elven feel to it that it has lost by the failure to bring it to the other elven groups. The most likely candidate were the nightborne.
    Because Blizzard said so.

/Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    They kept turning themselves into trees! Why do you think Suramar has so many?
    I can see it now...

Nightborne Citizen 1: Ah Damn it there goes another one....
    Nightborne Citizen 2: See they do that stare into nothing then boom! They turn into a goddamn tree!
    Nightborne Citizen1: I won't complain....more shade the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    its easy, they dont need new art assets to make them a monk, they do for druid
    but the assets exist,we have the purple cat model and the bear could be similar to the purple artefact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    It's simple. They were isolated long before the Night Elves even adopted the Druitic ways, so they never learned it, yet when they joined the Horde, the Pandarens were tere and could teach them Martial Arts which I assume they refered.

You are welcome.
    No actually druidism was around but city elves frown upon "country elves" because they considered country elves to be low class and druidism was like playing the dirt to city elves and Ashara also pitted Highborne elves against low class elves and country elves who used druidic powers. She recognized power and arcane power was consider superior in her eyes. Even though the elves had love for Elune their were many who coveted Ashara more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    No actually druidism was around but city elves frown upon "country elves" because they considered country elves to be low class and druidism was like playing the dirt to city elves and Ashara also pitted Highborne elves against low class elves and country elves who used druidic powers.
    I'm not sure that's exactly true. Malfurion being the first druid among the night elves and his only 'classmates' were Illidan and Tyrande and this was one of the few major story arcs before the war of the ancients.

I wouldn't say druidism was a wide spread teaching at all among the older night elf society before the sundering, either in the upper or lower castes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm not sure that's exactly true. Malfurion being the first druid among the night elves and his only 'classmates' were Illidan and Tyrande and this was one of the few major story arcs before the war of the ancients.

I wouldn't say druidism was a wide spread teaching at all among the older night elf society before the sundering, either in the upper or lower castes.
    True not widespread and probably not completely druidism more like natural magic but not full blown druidism but they was doing something....either that or they was just really damn good with plants lol.

Nope, it does not make sense yet. Nightborne are an arcane refined society. They see nature or nature user as primitive and won't dwelve into like that. They need time so maybe one day but I guess it will be never.

As for Kul Tirans being druid, they are not druids lore-wise, they are thornspeakers. As I suspect Zandalari to be dinomancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne have been isolated (or worse, withered) for thousands of years now, completely cut off from that stuff. They aren't likely going to emerge from that isolation just to pop in and say 'hey we wanna be druids now like the Night elves!' - nothing about their culture in Legion, nothing whatsoever, implied that kind of tie to druidic magic or even to an interest in it.

Where as a monk seems like a comparatively easy class to learn, at least until the Mistweaving stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    As for Kul Tirans being druid, they are not druids lore-wise, they are thornspeakers. As I suspect Zandalari to be dinomancers.
    they are another kind of druid, the druids are not just the ones with cenarius and night elf shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they are another kind of druid, the druids are not just the ones with cenarius and night elf shenanigans
    Another kind of druid called thornspeakers and dinomancers. Kthxbye.

Well, druidsm when it was introduced was an elven thing through and through. It's become more a troll/tauren thing over time, especially with the highmoutnain and zandalari trolls also having druids, now all of a sudden, it doesn't even feel elven because of this.
    Druidism was not introduced as an elven thing. Cenarius taught it to Malfurion. Tauren claim they were taught first. This was later clarified in Chronicle that Cenarius lived among the Yaungol and they learned basic nature magic from Cenarius. Malfurion was the first trained mortal Druid, emphasis on mortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    its easy, they dont need new art assets to make them a monk, they do for druid
    this. simple as that. sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because Blizzard said so.

/Thread
    Well, obviously, but why when one was definitely more likely than the other...I'm gonna go with guessing the reason for the choice being them preferring not to design more druid forms (monk is easier to do).

It probably went down to a choice between either Highmountain or Nightborne for druids, I think based on the story, nightborne were the better candidates, having to pick one, they picked Highmountain, demonstrating to me that the newer devs to warcraft who obviously arent familiar with the older days, all feel druidsm is more a horde tauren and troll thing. And you notice many of the newer players also associate it with the tribal horde races rather than the elven race it actual comes from in wow.

They likely come from other games and fantasies and immediately take that approach (I'm guessing). After all druidsm hasn't really felt elven since Cata brought a total 3 monster races to the 1 normal race being able to choose it. Altering the perception of anyone who started after that point (i.e. a lot of their current team) to feeling druidsm is more a thing for troll tauren then elves. With the lore not being a big priority and Metzen gone, it is likely no one actually cared much about this even in the lore team also full of newbies. It's not like there arent many things theyve also changed or switched that has made us feel they dont care much about their lore, very easily departing from things they established in the early days, rushing in coll things and not making sure to make it in line with things they established first.

That's my guess, I know they do this with some things, but they dont with a lot of things too.h
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-03 at 11:42 AM.

Well, obviously, but why when one was defi Italy more likely than the other...I'm gonna go with oreferri g not to design druid forms.

It probably went down to a choice between either Highmountain or Nightborne for druids, I think based on the story, nightborne were the better candidates.
    Try to proof read you when you use your phone to respond xD

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-03 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Received Infraction