Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Please tell me how Nightborne being monks instead of druids makes sense?

I don't understand why this didn't happen. Valewalker Farodin's close and integral role with the nightborne as well as the Val'sharah druids and priest refugees who join them up, not to mention the very active Botanists who work with nature magic amongst the nightborne...

This demonstrates both an aptitude for nature and relationships with druids who are actively help and like them. Valewalker Farodin is fond of them. Furthermore you see they have members that love nature, why aren't they druids?

The Arcan'dor the centre of their new identity replacing the Nightwell with its dual arcane/nature composition

How the F*** are they able to be monks before druids...?

I don't understand...? Druidsm in wow no longer efels elven, seriously 1 out of 6 playable druids are elves. It feels more a troll/tauren thing now. I use to feel druidsm was the elven equivalent of other races shamanism, a more intellectual approach to nature full of elven softness and love for the beauty of nature.. it has that tone for it. Whiles shamanism felt more Tauren/orc/troll like - based not on love but on respect/fear for nature of w hich the lements are a major part of (just as when we think of natural sources, we think of wind, storms earthquakes, as well as trees and animals - it's all part of nature in our understanding).

Anyway, druidsm in wow had a distinct elven feel to it that it has lost by the failure to bring it to the other elven groups. The most likely candidate were the nightborne.

its easy, they dont need new art assets to make them a monk, they do for druid

Another elf thread from ravenmoon.

New year, same show.

I think void elves should be druids. They are rejoining the Alliance. It would make sense for them to take on the teachings of the Kaldorei. Plus, can you imagine the void kitty and void bear forms?

Blizzard seems to bring only dual druid combinations Tauren/Nightelf, Druid/Worgen, Zandalari/Kul'Tiran so there was no way they would do Voidelf/Lightforged Druids :P

Well, saying "most druids are tauren/trolls" is really just saying "most druid players are Horde," who don't have an elf option. Which is probably true, because most players on most servers are Horde atm.

As for the monk thing....I'd just assume martial arts is much easier to pick up than druidism. I'm no Loremaster, but I remember shamanism/druidism requiring a certain kind of character. One willing to calm the mind and listen to nature/elements. By contrast, monks focus mostly on their own bodies. A monks meditation and mind is focused innerward, on mastery of the self. Whereas a druids mind is focused outward, towards openness to the world around himself.

Druidism is mainly troll and tauren thing. Just as it should be. The fact that night elves have druids is an effect of them being trolls first.

But yes, nightborne druids make sense.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I don't understand why this didn't happen. Valewalker Farodin's close and integral role with the nightborne as well as the Val'sharah druids and priest refugees who join them up, not to mention the very active Botanists who work with nature magic amongst the nightborne...
    prolly because Farodin wasn't teaching new druid amongs the Shaldorei and maybe this is the devs way of saying how the Shaldorei view certain schools of magical thought...

also the devs are shoving monk onto basically every race in a manner similar to rogue/fighter/hunter. I think only 1 race can't be monk? The lightforged who seem to have a stance on being reborn through the light rather than their own practice.

edit:

in general. the vast majority of class restrictions now make little if any sense. the allied races in particular are all supposed to be young new up and coming heroes in training or something getting out and experiencing the world so abnormal combinations would make a lot more sense in general (death knight and demon hunter aside given their established questlines).
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2020-01-01 at 02:01 PM.

Nightborne are an evolution from highborne, the night elves that use / harvest arcane magic before nature magic. Nature magic night elves were in valsharah, while the arcane magic ones stayed in suramar.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-01-01 at 02:10 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    its easy, they dont need new art assets to make them a monk, they do for druid
    This but unironically

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I think void elves should be druids. They are rejoining the Alliance. It would make sense for them to take on the teachings of the Kaldorei. Plus, can you imagine the void kitty and void bear forms?
    Seems interesting. Logically there's nothing stopping this, because void and life are not opposites so they could potentially mingle with each other. Especially given how the Night Warrior of Elune looks pretty Void-ish. Magister Umbric is very friendly with the night elves as well during the War Campaign.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aestholus View Post
    Blizzard seems to bring only dual druid combinations Tauren/Nightelf, Druid/Worgen, Zandalari/Kul'Tiran so there was no way they would do Voidelf/Lightforged Druids :P
    I'd be down for void elf/nightborne druids as a pair.

Nightbonre druids is easy to see - night elves though arcane based in origin have always loved nature, this was true at the height of the kadlorei empire, and in Suramar you see nature love not mutually exclusive with the arcane but working together. Tehn the story of Valewalker farodin, the Arcandor, adn the botanist makes it easy to see.

Void elves will need some work though, but they would be my preferred choice, to elvenise druidsm again in warcraft. The angle I would use is through the high elves and those high elves that interact and work with the void elves, and studying void effects on nature and how to both combat void corruption or see hwo the void can also benefit nature at least to the extent of forever eradicating or making the EMerald dream immune to it. This is a premise I can easily see Malfurion being quite enthusiastic about.

Either way they'd have to come up with something for that. I would prefer void elves over any other alliance race or sub-race too,because i want druidsm elvenised again like it was when they were introduced in wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    They shovel Monk into anything

Hell, there are Zandalari using Pandaren martial arts. That's fucked up
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Druidism is mainly troll and tauren thing. Just as it should be. The fact that night elves have druids is an effect of them being trolls first.

But yes, nightborne druids make sense.
    Well, druidsm when it was introduced was an elven thing through and through. It's become more a troll/tauren thing over time, especially with the highmoutnain and zandalari trolls also having druids, now all of a sudden, it doesn't even feel elven because of this.

Also the nightwell made arcane magic an addiction to all nightborne, which probably weakened their connection with the other magic sources ... until the legion came, and fed fel to many of them

Horde was already up one druid race when nightborne came out. Highmountain Taurens blizzard probably didnt want to upset the balance that much by giving the horde 2 new druid races. So if u are questioning why no nightborne druids blame highmountain taurens

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

also the devs are shoving monk onto basically every race in a manner similar to rogue/fighter/hunter. I think only 1 race can't be monk? The lightforged who seem to have a stance on being reborn through the light rather than their own practice.

I really don't like that. I can understand for warrior/rogue/hunter - but MAge and priest? REally? Priest depends on the society, less urbanised or knowledge based ones have the depth and intellect that provides for priests - priests are a very learned bunch. Mage should be even more rare. But all that goes aout the window, I prefer the times in wow when they were a lot more rare.

At least if you were going to give certain races mages, they should have done it like they did for the night elves, i.e. use a mage native faction coming in. but ideally what they should have done was give the mage a class skin to fit another race. Like Dwarves should have been Runemasters as a class skin for mages, and invented other things for other races.

I'm definitely up for every race experiencing every classes playstyle, I think that's good, but definitely not up for every class being part of every race in its original form. So I would disguise certain classes to more lore and lore cultural appropriate choices, and merely just change the spell names and visuals and lore background tto give a new identity to the classes playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They shovel Monk into anything

Hell, there are Zandalari using Pandaren martial arts. That's fucked up
    As monks were the least played class, and had the leveling buff as a good incentive for leveling, they allowed the allied races to have them to boost both the monk class numbers and the allied race leveling numbers

I really don't like that. I can understand for warrior/rogue/hunter - but MAge and priest? REally? Priest depends on the society, less urbanised or knowledge based ones have the depth and intellect that provides for priests - priests are a very learned bunch. Mage should be even more rare. But all that goes aout the window, I prefer the times in wow when they were a lot more rare.
    I think you're assuming certain things about priest....

Priest also includes a fantasy trope you might associate with "shaman" concerning voodoo witch doctor and soothsayer.

There's another issue where the priest and paladin classes are stuck using the same powers regardless of whether they adhere to the same religion. Back when priest had class racials there was a nice little twist between trolls having their hex and humans having their "plea" or elves with their calling for stars to fall... but not anymore. Everyone has holy light and devouring shadows.
    At least if you were going to give certain races mages, they should have done it like they did for the night elves, i.e. use a mage native faction coming in. but ideally what they should have done was give the mage a class skin to fit another race. Like Dwarves should have been Runemasters as a class skin for mages, and invented other things for other races.
    But the dwarves were learning magic and arcane from their gnome and human allies so it makes little sense to just shove in "runemasters" for the sake of it. Also I think some of those 'mages' were from dark iron dwarves when they integrated back in cataclysm as well and were 'mages' still anyways. Yes the Dark Iron Dwarves were already integrated into the alliance back during the events of cataclysm but that seemed to have been almost ignored.

I'm definitely up for every race experiencing every classes playstyle, I think that's good, but definitely not up for every class being part of every race in its original form. So I would disguise certain classes to more lore and lore cultural appropriate choices, and merely just change the spell names and visuals and lore background tto give a new identity to the classes playstyle.
    After a certain point it doesn't matter because the reason turns into every race/class mingling together. Like we don't need 10+ different variants of warrior because one race typically likes heavy weapons while another loves to carry a shield. And trying to spice up race flavor because one group is deemed to be more 'pure' of some class lineage than another is going to get old. Mage isn't some secret long standing art of exclusive thought, it's just what the IP has dubbed the "arcane magical practitioner". IMO if you start trying to deviate far from "Arcane, Fire, Frost" in the theme you're not just reskinning the class but making something new altogether. Bring in Runes and you start treading into deathknight and an NPC class that already exists.

edit:

also mage and priest are still more common, technically, than druids.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2020-01-01 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Another elf thread from ravenmoon.

New year, same show.
    Just let the man or woman be and ask whatever wants to ask and discuss.
    ---

As for the OP, i would like to have seen a druid nightborne kind, looking like Myonix for example.
    They created all this story for kultirans to be druids and nightborne are just there without any druidism, they could have learnt the ways of druidism due to their ancestors being night elves ofc but more "refined" and sophisticated and more "arcane meow" style.

CAT

FLYING
    Could be like a bird of prey, also birds of prey kind of already screams nightborne too

Or

BEAR

BOOMKIN well, it's boomy, not hard to imagine. But have seen this:
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-01 at 02:54 PM.