Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy my corsair void pro headset. I like that it has built in dolby surround sound, but some who really care about sound quality might think it's gimmicky. I've never had a sennheiser headset, but I've heard good things about them, ofc at a pretty penny. Mostly for me though, I wanted a wireless headset because I'll rotate around my workstation and from time to time my old headset cable would get stuck under the feet of my desk.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I've been using sennheiser momentum M2 for a while now, not just for gaming, but as my daily driver. Probably not the best headphones listed here, but I love the easy use aspect of 3.5 jack for easy switching between my speakers and headphones on the PC, and for use on my phone (and not having to worry about sound output to a wrong device). Also they are super light and comfortable, I can use them for the entire day without feeling any discomfort while gaming, or have them just behind my ears when I'm out and about (and need to hear people around me). Also the folding thing came in useful several times.

I do have an older model, and the build quality is not amazing. One ear is a bit loose (does not really affect anything, it just feels a bit weird when adjusting the sides), and the material on the inside is a bit beaten up, after only 3.5 years of use. Been thinking of getting a newer model or looking for similar cans. Or maybe just replacing the pads and ignoring the loose ear.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-01-06 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO

Did I say, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO? Stay away from "gaming" anything labelled gaming is shit. Only thing you want gaming is PC components (GPUs) and keyboards/mice. Leave audio to non-gaming companies since they know how to do it better.
    I hate those things. Feel super heavy on my ears

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I can't speak for that specific headphone or the brand, but do consider open/closed construction if you have background noise in the room. Open back from my experience produces a more...naturalistic sound. My current set is the Audiotechnica AD700.
    Open gives a more natural sound, but lets outside noise in very easy.
    Closed gives a more narrow sound stage, but isolates better. If you're in a noisy environment, get closed, if not, get open (would be my recommendation)

I'll hijack the thread for my needs aswell. I need a good and not too expensive pair of wireless headphones for the htpc - sound quality is good to have but i'd like to have a deal instead of a professional level audio.

Wifi is needed due to distance between pc and sofa and i don't want cables to dangle in the middle of the room. They'll be needed mostly when either me or wife wants to watch something without disturbing the other (we like to stay in the same room even if we're doing our business alone).

Also, secondary request, a good wifi headset for my gaming pc. I want to get rid of the cabled ones i have and again deal > super audio quality. Distance is not an issue here.

Both of these are not urgent so if i have to snipe for specific deals i'm fine with waiting.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Probably some chinese ones if you're looking for a deal. I have no idea about them though, and obviously you will have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Steelseries Pro Wireless

This is one of the best headsets in its price range and you'll never have to connect a cable - ever.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Steelseries Pro Wireless

This is one of the best headsets in its price range and you'll never have to connect a cable - ever.
    Great product, it gets allways compared to the 50-60EUR sennheiser/akg/beyerdynamic entry level and it goes for 350+. Great product!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Great product, it gets allways compared to the 50-60EUR sennheiser/akg/beyerdynamic entry level and it goes for 350+. Great product!
    By whom? All reviews I've read compare them to nigh audiophile grade headphones. Great fit, lossless sound, hotswappable batterypick, etc. What's not to like.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/st...reless-headset
    https://medium.com/@Xander51/steelse...l-6247373518f4
    https://www.rtings.com/headphones/re...s-pro-wireless
    https://www.techspot.com/products/he...reless.181293/
    https://tweakers.net/productreview/1...ess-zwart.html
    https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/88...iew/index.html

A 2 second google search and not a single negative review to be found.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    By whom? All reviews I've read compare them to nigh audiophile grade headphones. Great fit, lossless sound,
    And so are cheap Sennheiser/AKG/Beyer headphones. The sound quality is the same as the 250 dollar non-wireless ones, or actually worse, according to the Techradar review. They're a good option if you need to have wireless, but.. Who really does?

Besides, OP asked for headphones, not headsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And so are cheap Sennheiser/AKG/Beyer headphones. The sound quality is the same as the 250 dollar non-wireless ones, or actually worse, according to the Techradar review. They're a good option if you need to have wireless, but.. Who really does?

Besides, OP asked for headphones, not headsets.
    Who need wireless headphones? Quite a lot of people I assume, considering their popularity.

They're regularly on sale by the way; about 280 euro retail and 240-250 if you wait for an offer. For that price you have;

- Excellent (lossless) sound quality
    - Wireless headset with no need - ever - for a charging cable thanks to the two battery packs
    - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and bluetooth connection, which means you can play your favourite game while accepting phone calls without having to switch headsets or even disable sound
    - Two distinct audio channels for voice communication and regular audio output
    - Extremely comfortable and excellent build quality of both headset as station
    - 7.1 surround simulation

I mean, you'd be hard pressed to find a better headset at that price range.

This is from the techradar review you mentioned:

"The Arctis Pro Wireless is by far the best sounding wireless gaming headset we’ve used – arguably even better than many of the wired peripherals we’ve listened to in the past. Thanks to its 40,000Hz-capable, high-fidelity speaker drivers, we can hear new nearly silent vocal elements in Franz Ferdinand’s You’re The Reason I’m Leaving."
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-08 at 08:40 PM.

Who need wireless headphones? Quite a lot of people I assume, considering their popularity.
    It's a nice thing to have but most people can deal without am sure even if they are using one atm. Also you'll be playing a lot for sound quality not to suck with wireless, cause usually it's either the drivers or mic lacking due to bandwidth issues.
    Hmm, Beyerdynamic MMX 300 come to mind and are wayyyyy better. Although they aren't wireless(which is another plus for me at least).

All reviews I've read compare them to nigh audiophile grade headphones.
    Wat? They don't even belong in the same room when talking about sub 100 dollar headphones. They measure terribly for something that costs $200(for the wired). From what I saw(in the reviews you linked) was one review comparing it to M50Xs which are terrible as well, so naturally you get a flawed review.

This all may sound like am shitting on the Headset, am not. I just think it's way overpriced for what it gives and you'll be better off with a standalone mic and a wireless headphones if you want wireless. And as wired it's not even a comparison on what you can get for $350. Especially if you go with ChiFi.

10+ Year Old Account

They're regularly on sale by the way; about 280 euro retail and 240-250 if you wait for an offer. For that price you have;

- Excellent (lossless) sound quality
    - Wireless headset with no need - ever - for a charging cable thanks to the two battery packs
    - Simultaneous 2.4GHz and bluetooth connection, which means you can play your favourite game while accepting phone calls without having to switch headsets or even disable sound
    - Two distinct audio channels for voice communication and regular audio output
    - Extremely comfortable and excellent build quality of both headset as station
    - 7.1 surround simulation

This is from the techradar review you mentioned:

"The Arctis Pro Wireless is by far the best sounding wireless gaming headset we’ve used – arguably even better than many of the wired peripherals we’ve listened to in the past. Thanks to its 40,000Hz-capable, high-fidelity speaker drivers, we can hear new nearly silent vocal elements in Franz Ferdinand’s You’re The Reason I’m Leaving."
    They had to specify that they're the best sounding wireless headset they've used. In the conclusion they say
    "Even SteelSeries Arctis Pro seems like a better value at $249 (about £180, AU$320). Though its wired, the regular Arctis Pro features a digital-to-analog converter for better sound you won’t get on this wireless headset."
    They're literally saying the wired version SOUNDS BETTER.

They had to specify that they're the best sounding wireless headset they've used. In the conclusion they say
    "Even SteelSeries Arctis Pro seems like a better value at $249 (about £180, AU$320). Though its wired, the regular Arctis Pro features a digital-to-analog converter for better sound you won’t get on this wireless headset."
    They're literally saying the wired version SOUNDS BETTER.
    "OUR VERDICT
    Although it costs a pretty penny, the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Headset is unmatched in sound quality even up against wired gaming headsets.
    "

"Better value" if you don't need a wireless solution. Yes, you pay for the wireless aspect. Huge surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's a nice thing to have but most people can deal without am sure even if they are using one atm. Also you'll be playing a lot for sound quality not to suck with wireless, cause usually it's either the drivers or mic lacking due to bandwidth issues.

Hmm, Beyerdynamic MMX 300 come to mind and are wayyyyy better. Although they aren't wireless(which is another plus for me at least).

Wat? They don't even belong in the same room when talking about sub 100 dollar headphones. They measure terribly for something that costs $200(for the wired). From what I saw(in the reviews you linked) was one review comparing it to M50Xs which are terrible as well, so naturally you get a flawed review.

This all may sound like am shitting on the Headset, am not. I just think it's way overpriced for what it gives and you'll be better off with a standalone mic and a wireless headphones if you want wireless. And as wired it's not even a comparison on what you can get for $350. Especially if you go with ChiFi.
    First of all, the Steelseries Arctis Pro wired costs 149 euro, compared to the MMX 300 (which is wired as well) at 249-299 euro. That's almost double the price, for an arguably marginal difference. For my music - where audio quality really matters, I'm perfectly happy with my HD 820, but I doubt OP has 2000euro to throw at gaming headphones.

"Terrible as well"? Look, opinions are opinions and quite frankly, I couldn't give two shits about how you generated yours, but if you're really interested in their value (both qualitatively as cost wise 240-280euro) just check a few reviews; there are loads and they all seem to arrive to the same conclusion: The sound quality is excellent, though not the best. But considering the sound fidelity eventhough they're wireless, 40000Hz, have 2.4GHz and BT simultaneously, they're quite impressive - as dozens of reviews endorse. Especially at a price range of 220 - 250 euro.

In the end, do whatever you want. Agree, disagree, whatever.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-09 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "OUR VERDICT
    Although it costs a pretty penny, the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Headset is unmatched in sound quality even up against wired gaming headsets.
    "

"Better value" if you don't need a wireless solution. Yes, you pay for the wireless aspect. Huge surprise.
    "Though its wired, the regular Arctis Pro features a digital-to-analog converter for better sound you won’t get on this wireless headset."
    LITERALLY in what I quoted. They specifically point out that the wired sounds better.

Depends on your budget. Sennheisers are great but for people with fuck off types of money to spend.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
    beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO

Did I say, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO? Stay away from "gaming" anything labelled gaming is shit. Only thing you want gaming is PC components (GPUs) and keyboards/mice. Leave audio to non-gaming companies since they know how to do it better.
    Why 770? The 990 250 ohm are way superior in every aspect. But it warms my heart seeing someone recommend Beyerdynamic and +1 on the rest of what you said!

"Gaming" headset are junk. They will never EVER be on level with professional studio headphones.

DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm + Mod mic wireless are you get the best of the best.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Depends on your budget. Sennheisers are great but for people with fuck off types of money to spend.
    You can get good sennheisers for like 100 dollars. You can also get fantastic Sennheisers for 40k, true, but that's just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Why 770? The 990 250 ohm are way superior in every aspect. But it warms my heart seeing someone recommend Beyerdynamic and +1 on the rest of what you said!

"Gaming" headset are junk. They will never EVER be on level with professional studio headphones.

The mod mic sounds like shit, can people stop recommending it? If you really don't want a standalone mic, then get a lav or something that actually sounds good.

"Though its wired, the regular Arctis Pro features a digital-to-analog converter for better sound you won’t get on this wireless headset."
    LITERALLY in what I quoted. They specifically point out that the wired sounds better.
    You're either very dense or extremely stupid. Pick one, stick with it and leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post

Of course they won't, but most people won't notice the difference between my 2000 euro HD820 and a generic Logitech headset, never mind the marginal difference between similarly cheap (anything between 100 and 300 euro) gaming headsets. Besides, if you hadn't already noticed, people have quite a bit of difficulty with comprehensive reading.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-09 at 09:27 AM.

I use Sennheiser HD650.

I have used Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 32Ohm. Fairly good.
    I have used Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250Ohm. I prefer these over 770 because they are half-open (leaks more sound to people around you).

The best advantage of Sennheiser HD650 is that the cables are replacable. I am not very careful with my headsets so many of them has seen their doom due to the cable breaking. I have replaced the cables for my HD650 like 3 times, and new cables are cheap.

To run DT990 or HD650 you need a custom sound card or an external DAC+AMP.

But honestly, I really got the taste for just having speakers. I most of the time use a pair of JBL LSR305.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're either very dense or extremely stupid. Pick one, stick with it and leave it at that.
    For what, quoting a review, word for word, that you linked?