Poll: Faction?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Alliance or Horde

Hey,

I was wondering.

Do you guys currently play Horde or Alliance and why?

I currently play Alliance because my friends do, but my heart is with the horde.

I do play both factions but mainly Alliance (VE Mage).

Been playing horde for ~8 years and now alliance for ~6 years.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am staunchly horde, and not just because I hate the alliance stories and characters, but also the alliance players are just awful. I only have a faction changed 120 alliance toon for the sole purpose of getting the Two Sides To Every Story achievement and haven’t touched her since.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I am staunchly horde, and not just because I hate the alliance stories and characters, but also the alliance players are just awful. I only have a faction changed 120 alliance toon for the sole purpose of getting the Two Sides To Every Story achievement and haven’t touched her since.
    Both sides have their good and bad players. The suggestion that one gathers all the good people while the other attracts all the 'awful' ones is nonsense.

On-topic I main alliance toons but have a few horde that I play to experience their stories and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Both sides have their good and bad players. The suggestion that one gathers all the good people while the other attracts all the 'awful' ones is nonsense.

On-topic I main alliance toons but have a few horde that I play to experience their stories and such.
    I don’t mean their skill at the game, I mean just their overall attitudes. Example, you.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both but I played Alliance for along time (played horde as a forsaken mage but got tired after level 31) but a while back I started playing Horde aswell and liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t mean their skill at the game, I mean just their overall attitudes. Example, you.
    I don't know Alliance didn't really have a bunch toxic players till around MoP when a fuck ton of kids influx into the game.....that when my guild change over to horde side.

I main Horde in both retail and Classic with the main reason being that my friends rolled on there. But I also prefer the Horde because they are a lot more interesting to me, having loved both the undead and orcs in WC3. I do occasionely play on Alliance to see their zones and story, especially now that I started to level a dark iron dwarf.

Both sides have there toxic players. Put them on ignore and move on.

I play both equally. Why is there never a "I play both equally" option!? I never bought into the "Alliance or Horde bullshit" Blizzard's marketing team spoon feeds its player base. I made toons on both sides from the start to experience the story completely.

Nothing was rude about that person attitude. If you expect respect you need to show it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony being that you, a 'staunch' member of the much kinder-and-gentler-with-better-attitudes Horde, are insulting me when all I did was point out the fallacy of one side or the other having better people.

Clearly y'all are so much more mature over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    Nothing was rude about that person attitude. If you expect respect you need to show it as well.
    Indeed. Though it is funny that he talks up how much better the Horde just before coming at me with a personal attack. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony being that you, a 'staunch' member of the much kinder-and-gentler-with-better-attitudes Horde, are insulting me when all I did was point out the fallacy of one side or the other having better people.

Clearly y'all are so much more mature over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Though it is funny that he talks up how much better the Horde just before coming at me with a personal attack. lol
    I’m a she, and also I don’t necessarily mean snark or asshollery. I mean the overall attitudes be it infantile or zealous. I am a bit of a troll myself, but it seems like when I play Alliance no one wants to have jokes or any fun.
    Last edited by Phaelia; 2020-01-01 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    Both sides have there toxic players. Put them on ignore and move on.
    Exactly. /10char

Alliance. I find the Horde incredibly boring. Also I don't like their aesthetics.

I'd probably play a lot more Horde if their main city was Thunderbluff.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Horde, but there's a story behind this decision. Basically when I started raiding in Wotlk I was in the Alliance, but I got an offer from the server's best guild at that time so I transferred to the Horde and been playing there since.

From time to time I'll try to level up an Alliance toon, but I quickly get bored with it. I just grew too used to the Horde. It also feels like on my server/battlegroup/whatever there are more Horde then Alliance, so it felt kind of empty everytime I tried leveling an Alliance alt.

My heart is 55% Horde and 45% Alliance, but I raid and got main on Alliance side because of guild. We were Horde in WoD, but people didn't like to stand in a Horde Garrison any longer so we changed to Alliance. Sad stuff!

I got 8 Hordes at 120 and 11 Alliance. Muchos thanks to AV for the last 4 Alliance chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m a she, and also I don’t necessarily mean snark or asshollery. I mean the overall attitudes be it infantile or zealous.
    As am I, not that it has anything to do with this discussion. My point was, and is, both sides have their good and bad. That's a fact and making personal attacks toward someone you do not know and have never interacted with in game kinda proves my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    As am I, not that it has anything to do with this discussion. My point was, and is, both sides have their good and bad. That's a fact and making personal attacks toward someone you do not know and have never interacted with in game kinda proves my point.
    Whatever you say. I stand by my stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you say. I stand by my stance.
    There are people who stand by 'the earth is flat' too. But hey, you're entitled to believe whatever you want. Take care.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL wth did he say to offend you?
    He was actually polite and made conversation.

And he is right. Both sides have nice people and arseholes.

And i admit i thought of the same thing as you when i first started playing back in vanilla.
    I remember i made my first character a Horde. After a couple weeks i deleted it and made an alliance one on the same server.

It just happened that on that particular server, at that era back then, the Horde were rude immature tryhards,
    Always arguing who was more pro or more noob, and talking about/to the Alliance as if they hated them irl.
    Only swearing in general chat and constantly yelling Forthehorde like a kindergarden.
    On the other hand, the alliance were a bunch of old noobs not caring about factions really, but at least they were nice.

But i understood that this was just my case, that server, not the whole playerbase.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2020-01-01 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I play both equally. Why is there never a "I play both equally" option!? I never bought into the "Alliance or Horde bullshit" Blizzard's marketing team spoon feeds its player base. I made toons on both sides from the start to experience the story completely.
    Yeah, always missing that option, sadly!