Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh yeah, thats what lore really needs. Another windrunner.

Tho i wouldn't mind seeing Uncle Jerry Windrunner.
    Only if he likes jazz.

But there's already enough characters with reasons to hate Sylvanas or hunting her, regardless of if there's another Windrunner or not, I think the last thing we need is another Garrosh repeat, where everyone wants to kill him, instead the pandas take him, and then Thrall just ends up killing him anyway.

Lirath Jailer confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Eh, I'd rather they bring Kael back - if we're getting one named Elf out of this so they stop with Liadrin, I guess our Prince would do.
    Plus Lirath had, like, 0 relevance and was shown doing nothing.
    That's like bringing someone totally random to the spotlight, like the sister of a certain someone, and empower them just for the sak... ohh, wait, they've done that.
    Fuck it. Get the 4th Windrunner. Hell, make him The Jailer's secretary, and the one that hooked Sylvanas up with that Jailer Juice. If there's a Calia, there can easily be a Lirath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lirath is very possible. Anyone who died prior to the moment the machine of death broke is possible of course, but Lirath is possible precisely because of his connection to the three Windrunner sisters.

The Three Sisters comics implies that his death was the beginning of their disintegration as a family unit, followed by Alleria heading off into space, Sylvanas becoming a banshee and Veressa being Veressa.

Sylvanas is going to be playing a huge role in the coming expansion but what many seem to miss is that Sylvanas's plot is likely drawing to a conclusion. The revelation of her relationship with the Jailer provides a context to her actions since the the end of Wrath of the Lich King that was previously missing. Breaching the wall between the worlds was the culmination of that first plan.

If Sylvanas' story is coming to an end, an emotional connection with her dead brother in the afterlife is one way Blizzard could chose to go about it if they want to at least try to suggest some emotional depth.

On the other hand, Lirath's youth and seeming purity of heart probably means he was sent to Bastion upon his death, so if they don't want to go down that path they can imply he became a Kyrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh yeah, thats what lore really needs. Another windrunner.

Tho i wouldn't mind seeing Uncle Jerry Windrunner.
    Another Windrunner who is “against” Sylvanas at that.
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Lirath is very possible. Anyone who died prior to the moment the machine of death broke is possible of course, but Lirath is possible precisely because of his connection to the three Windrunner sisters.

The Three Sisters comics implies that his death was the beginning of their disintegration as a family unit, followed by Alleria heading off into space, Sylvanas becoming a banshee and Veressa being Veressa.

Sylvanas is going to be playing a huge role in the coming expansion but what many seem to miss is that Sylvanas's plot is likely drawing to a conclusion. The revelation of her relationship with the Jailer provides a context to her actions since the the end of Wrath of the Lich King that was previously missing. Breaching the wall between the worlds was the culmination of that first plan.

If Sylvanas' story is coming to an end, an emotional connection with her dead brother in the afterlife is one way Blizzard could chose to go about it if they want to at least try to suggest some emotional depth.

On the other hand, Lirath's youth and seeming purity of heart probably means he was sent to Bastion upon his death, so if they don't want to go down that path they can imply he became a Kyrian.
    But if he was a Kyrian, he wouldn't retain any memories about his sisters, would he? Or about anything else, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But if he was a Kyrian, he wouldn't retain any memories about his sisters, would he? Or about anything else, for that matter.
    Which is why it would be the option they could take if they didn't want to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Which is why it would be the option they could take if they didn't want to deal with it.
    If he were Kyrian, we wouldn't know about it - he died some time ago and by this point it is likely his memory, form, and personality would be long gone to the point of being unrecognized.

Unless he happens to be one of the fallen acolytes, perhaps even their leader of a sort? That could make for an interesting narrative hook.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't know, he never had boobs or an exposed midriff, so I think his chances of being acknowledged are even less than Vareesa's.

only if he will lead to their demise

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    I don't know, he never had boobs or an exposed midriff, so I think his chances of being acknowledged are even less than Vareesa's.
    Have him be a male Human's !@#$toy, and maybe he will start getting some attention
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If he were Kyrian, we wouldn't know about it - he died some time ago and by this point it is likely his memory, form, and personality would be long gone to the point of being unrecognized.

Unless he happens to be one of the fallen acolytes, perhaps even their leader of a sort? That could make for an interesting narrative hook.
    I mean one of the reasons I like the idea of Lirath showing up is the nigh-endless possibilities, is he a Kyrian or did he go to a realm we don't even have name for yet, as we have very little info of what he was actually like

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I don't. No more Windrunners pls, in fact we could get rid of the entire Windrunners trio, and it wouldn't really be a huge loss in my book.
    If only. I'm more open to the other two sisters but I'm done with Sylvanas now. Oof T_T
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im sorry, but the acceptable levels of Windrunnerism is 0
    Well... to be fair, you could say that there's only 2 Windrunners cause Veressa is married to Ronin so she may have his last name (though we never see if this is actually done on Azeroth -excluding Royalty-)

O.T: Not really, by the time we arrive at the Shadowlands, i expect him to be already be consumed by the Shadowlands (be it remake in Bastion, reborn in the Everbloom or a Mindless soldier in the Scourge-like zone, so in none of those cases, we would be able to identify him -nor he us, as they lose all memories)

- - - Updated - - -

Well... it could be interesting as a Fallen Acolyte, but mostly to have a named boss of a dungeon with some actual connection to the players past, but not more than that

Sylvanas never really cared about Lirath's death tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Sylvanas never really cared about Lirath's death tho.
    She did when she was alive, and she did try to forge an emotional connection with Veressa not so long ago. Lirath has the advantage of already being dead.

The key point is that if Blizzard wants to use Lirath, they can. And if they don't, just don't mention him and we can assume he got turned into a Kyrian or something.

well lets bring back mama and papa Windrunner s too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    That's the beauty of the Shadowlands expansion, we could literally get to see any dead character.

And yes, I'd totally want more Windrunner story, cuz it's an interesting family.

10+ Year Old Account

Well the Kyrian angle is simply a suggestion if Blizzard doesn't want to deal with Lirath, we can all assume he went to angel heaven and that would be that.

However I would not be surprised in the slightest if he does in fact have a role to play given the presence of his sister as a major force in the expansion. How that could be facilitated would, again, be up to Blizzard.

I think Shadowlands is Sylvanas' endgame though. While it is conceivable she could displace the Jailer and steal all his powers, I think it would be more logical for that twist to occur mid-expansion (thus facilitating Sylvanas as the end boss of Shadowlands) rather than to spin off into yet another expansion where she causes more havoc.
    For all the talk of Sylvanas being a Mary Sure, the prosaic truth seems to be her plotline is nearly played out. This is the culmination of her arc and I very much doubt she will survive it.

The family angle would probably be too tempting to be ignored to add easy emotional heft. Lirath could have a place there.

If you wanted to do a happy ending, perhaps after we kill Sylvanas, he could save her soul and guide it to a happier afterlife than the one she feared.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hi, I'm Jeejee Windrunner, the cousin of sylvanas, alleria and the other one. I'm a half night elf half high elf and daughter of elune, and I can take an undead form when I want to, was trained by Aegwynn, and had a child with malfurion, and..."