Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You mean Iraq 3: Detroit Style
    More like Vietnam 2: Mountain Edition for what a war like that would be for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    they seem to be thirsting for iraq 2 electric boogaloo so that makes sense.
    They are using the same writers and salesmen if you blink you would think you took a time machine back to the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It still bugs me that anyone in Team Trump would even try this. There was a perfectly working option, Trump broke it on purpose.
    But that hurts their narrative that it was the worstiest worstest non-working option in the entire history of everything ever and would somehow have made them get nukes even faster and had to be broken without even the merest ghost of a replacement, because trust them they said so.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    More like Vietnam 2: Mountain Edition for what a war like that would be for the US.
    Hollywood opportunity here, Hamburger Hill 2: Hamburger Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hollywood opportunity here, Hamburger Hill 2: Hamburger Mountain.
    *Hamberder

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Don't know if this was posted, but for all of you defending a terrorist, here are the facts from the first hand.

Enjoy.
    Well it's news to no one really, aside from some really ignorant people.

Of all people in Middle East, Suleimani was easily in top 5 worst scum list. If Baghdadi would not be a thing, he'd probably be no.1 right there.

The world is better with his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well it's news to no one really, aside from some really ignorant people.

Of all people in Middle East, Suleimani was easily in top 5 worst scum list. If Baghdadi would not be a thing, he'd probably be no.1 right there.

The world is better with his death.
    We're forgetting Netanyahu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Terf is a derogatory term that's used to silence women.

Trump flat-out claims in public that Iran was planning to blow up the embassy.

"Did he provide any evidence?"

Well, he's repeatedly attacked his own intelligence agencies. And even the GOP were leaving that briefing he gave angry at the lack of info. So, not only did he not give any evidence, I don't think it exists.

No-one is above the law.

The problem with Suleimani is (was) that the international law does not really provide a way to deal with people like him. There is no way to punish them unless they are stupid and decide to travel to wrong country. And no, dont tell me that he was a nice guy (and I still give the most credit for defeating ISIS to Kurds, not some lawless bands of militia).
    It is nice and good to cry foul about breaching international laws, while at the doing nothing to ensure next Suleimani can't do what he wishes and the cycle repeats.
    So USA did the only thing they could. Which... at the same time was the worst, especially with all the regional specifics of Middle East.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well now that i am back from China i can actually talk about this. As a Muslim whom wants a peaceful way of the world it is a great thing this horrific bastard is dead. The Trump administration did something correct for once and yet the narrative that they should not have is stupid in the broader sense, this will keep Iran in its place which is hopefully suffering enough that they slurp muddy water if that is all they have to drink. Thoughts and prayers for the populace obviously but this is love and war ( yes economic attacks are an act of war ) and since that phrase works so well in America anyway.

Regardless if people want to acknowledge it or not America controls the world and we are better for it considering the alternatives. I am fairly anti interventionist myself but understanding that every time in history that Might makes right i would rather it be America then Russia or China with that power. My biggest worry is that the upcoming economic slowdown will be extremely damaging to the revenue sources of the US to fight in a pro-longed resource based war against its adversaries where as the Chinese monetary system is largely closed off from outside regulatory forces. This entire thing is a distraction from that narrative and is a waste of time and resources and more so because people are literally defending a complete piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Well now that i am back from China i can actually talk about this. As a Muslim whom wants a peaceful way of the world it is a great thing this horrific bastard is dead. The Trump administration did something correct for once and yet the narrative that they should not have is stupid in the broader sense, this will keep Iran in its place which is hopefully suffering enough that they slurp muddy water if that is all they have to drink. Thoughts and prayers for the populace obviously but this is love and war ( yes economic attacks are an act of war ) and since that phrase works so well in America anyway.

Regardless if people want to acknowledge it or not America controls the world and we are better for it considering the alternatives. I am fairly anti interventionist myself but understanding that every time in history that Might makes right i would rather it be America then Russia or China with that power. My biggest worry is that the upcoming economic slowdown will be extremely damaging to the revenue sources of the US to fight in a pro-longed resource based war against its adversaries where as the Chinese monetary system is largely closed off from outside regulatory forces. This entire thing is a distraction from that narrative and is a waste of time and resources and more so because people are literally defending a complete piece of shit.
    Yeh people keep ignoring the fact that this guy coordinated militias across the middle east that antagonize the US. We are already "at war" with Iran across the Middle East, but with proxy groups that THIS guy coordinated and funded. That's not even to mention that Iran just killed 1500+ protestors this last month. They aren't innocent just because they aren't Orange man.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-09 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh people keep ignoring the fact that this guy coordinated militias across the middle east that antagonize the US. We are already "at war" with Iran across the Middle East, but with proxy groups that THIS guy coordinated and funded. That's not even to mention that Iran just killed 1500+ protestors this last month. They aren't innocent just because they aren't Orange man.
    That guy was just the manager at the time, he's already been replaced, and the hierarchy and structures beneath him are still in tact.

It's almost like the mythical Hydra was a metaphor for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I wonder what was happening in syria for the last 5 years

and we are not talking about military presence only. also financial & weaponry support.
    He was referring to actual physical country location, not "presence".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If you haven't noticed conventional warfare is basically dead, we are obsessed with fighting a type of war that went out the window since Vietnam.
    Hmmm.... Im sure the Iraqi troops from 1991 would like to discuss this with you. Conventional warfare is still preferred between near-peers, asymmetrical warfare is used to counter conventional forces when there is no other option.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

That guy was just the manager at the time, he's already been replaced, and the hierarchy and structures beneath him are still in tact.

It's almost like the mythical Hydra was a metaphor for something.
    he was apparently also easy to keep tabs on, now they will be extra cautious.

Does that make a difference? For nearly 20 years now I've been told "If we just invade this country, kill this guy, we'll have peace". We seem to be further away from that point than we were then. The list of countries and assassination targets only ever seems to get longer.

Does that make a difference? For nearly 20 years now I've been told "If we just invade this country, kill this guy, we'll have peace". We seem to be further away from that point than we were then. The list of countries and assassination targets only ever seems to get longer.
    i agree, just saying it all around made no sense from any kind of tactical perspective beyond trump wanting to flex on iran. someone whos whereabouts and goings on we can trace is less of a threat than an unknown. the problem is people saying that flexing justifies itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Hmmm.... Im sure the Iraqi troops from 1991 would like to discuss this with you. Conventional warfare is still preferred between near-peers, asymmetrical warfare is used to counter conventional forces when there is no other option.
    You mean the war we have spend years fighting against a vastly inferior force? Iraq is your model for the success of conventional warfare, that your final answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The problem with Suleimani is (was) that the international law does not really provide a way to deal with people like him. There is no way to punish them unless they are stupid and decide to travel to wrong country. And no, dont tell me that he was a nice guy (and I still give the most credit for defeating ISIS to Kurds, not some lawless bands of militia).
    It is nice and good to cry foul about breaching international laws, while at the doing nothing to ensure next Suleimani can't do what he wishes and the cycle repeats.
    So USA did the only thing they could. Which... at the same time was the worst, especially with all the regional specifics of Middle East.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    By that same logic should we execute Kim Jong Un? how about Putin terrible guy assassinate him as well? other countries consider some of our heads of state as bad guys are you okay with them doing the same? Should every country start assassinating heads of state they think are bad guys?

You don't seem to understand the concept of Pandora's box.

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn't really hiding he was posting pics on social media and everything that's why I laugh at Trump bragging about accuracy.

This seems like a pointless exercise, since its easy to zerg US navy en masse when there's no irl casualties...it's like a computer game..doesn't say anything about the red team's losses to achieve their aim..

Another thing, US forces wouldn't be so near Iran without having degraded Iran's forces a bit..to be so close to shore for red team to take advantage..

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You mean the war we have spend years fighting against a vastly inferior force? Iraq is your model for the success of conventional warfare, that your final answer?
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the first gulf war rather than the second one with the year 1991 being mentioned.

That one was more about stopping Iraq under Saddam from annexing Kuwait, rather than sticking around for a decade long occupation afterwards.