1. #2401
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why do you never link the cite from you quotes? I'm just curious - I believe this one only because it's so easily verified.

    This whole subject is fascinating. We're seeing people taking different positions with different people than usual in the politics forum. For instance, I agree with TexasLies here that the assassination was a good thing - a good policy that is. Poorly done, of course, because what else can Cheeto-in-Chief do than fuck up anything he tries out (the man bankrupted a casino, and the Trumpkins call him a business magnet - rofl).

    But this issue has made for some interesting bedfellows.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Still an attack - you can't deny it happened.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Irrelevant of course unless Moscow Mitch brings it for a vote. It's interesting that more GOP Senators are going against the Trump grain. Almost as if they see the tide turning.
    Because apparently he likes using the Daily Wire, which explains a fucking lot.

    You copy everything, and click paste and search in a new tab, and the ONLY article that comes up is Daily Wire. https://www.dailywire.com/news/absol...ling-soleimani

    Ben Shapiro and his Daily Wire idiots like Michael Knowles aren't known for truth.

  2. #2402
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why do you never link the cite from you quotes? I'm just curious - I believe this one only because it's so easily verified.

    This whole subject is fascinating. We're seeing people taking different positions with different people than usual in the politics forum. For instance, I agree with TexasLies here that the assassination was a good thing - a good policy that is. Poorly done, of course, because what else can Cheeto-in-Chief do than fuck up anything he tries out (the man bankrupted a casino, and the Trumpkins call him a business magnet - rofl).

    But this issue has made for some interesting bedfellows.
    People confuse my name all the time, they think I mean that Texas rules!!!!! Which it does. But my first few posts on this board were about how things were done in Texas. I digress....

    I do not include links because I do not feel the need to do work for others. Most things I post are easily available by searching the exact phrase in a quote or the exact title. It's just spoonfed millennials want everything handed to them. And half the time I link stuff people ignore it anyways, so I just stopped. By the way, the quote above mentions the Atlantic council event. But for you, I will make an exception:
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/01/1...mes-jones.html

  3. #2403
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because apparently he likes using the Daily Wire, which explains a fucking lot.

    You copy everything, and click paste and search in a new tab, and the ONLY article that comes up is Daily Wire. https://www.dailywire.com/news/absol...ling-soleimani

    Ben Shapiro and his Daily Wire idiots like Michael Knowles aren't known for truth.
    I was wondering where that Washington Times article came from - basically just quoting the Daily Wire, then? The whole GOP media lie machine is becoming insidious.
    No one is above the law!

  4. #2404
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    People confuse my name all the time, they think I mean that Texas rules!!!!! Which it does. But my first few posts on this board were about how things were done in Texas. I digress....

    I do not include links because I do not feel the need to do work for others. Most things I post are easily available by searching the exact phrase in a quote or the exact title. It's just spoonfed millennials want everything handed to them. And half the time I link stuff people ignore it anyways, so I just stopped. By the way, the quote above mentions the Atlantic council event. But for you, I will make an exception:
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/01/1...mes-jones.html
    Except this isn't where you got the quote. You got the quote directly from Daily Wire, I linked the link for you.

  5. #2405
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    People confuse my name all the time, they think I mean that Texas rules!!!!! Which it does. But my first few posts on this board were about how things were done in Texas. I digress....

    I do not include links because I do not feel the need to do work for others. Most things I post are easily available by searching the exact phrase in a quote or the exact title. It's just spoonfed millennials want everything handed to them. And half the time I link stuff people ignore it anyways, so I just stopped. By the way, the quote above mentions the Atlantic council event. But for you, I will make an exception:
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/01/1...mes-jones.html
    Well I have a few monikers for you based on your posting history, but since we're keeping it civil tonight, I'll pass on them now.

    I'm not sure you're going to answer this, but why is it you feel others have to prove your point for you? By not linking a cite to your statement/claim (and thank you btw for doing so in the above) you make it tough to believe you. And your defense above, that you don't feel the need to do the work for others, just sounds hollow...it's your point, you should back it with cites. Especially when in posts even tonight you ask for cites from others.

    Just curious....
    No one is above the law!

  6. #2406
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I was wondering where that Washington Times article came from - basically just quoting the Daily Wire, then? The whole GOP media lie machine is becoming insidious.
    So you did not watch the video from cnbc. Okay since it's almost word for word what he says. Like I posted above, even when I provide links, you guys don't really use them, so why bother?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well I have a few monikers for you based on your posting history, but since we're keeping it civil tonight, I'll pass on them now.

    I'm not sure you're going to answer this, but why is it you feel others have to prove your point for you? By not linking a cite to your statement/claim (and thank you btw for doing so in the above) you make it tough to believe you. And your defense above, that you don't feel the need to do the work for others, just sounds hollow...it's your point, you should back it with cites. Especially when in posts even tonight you ask for cites from others.

    Just curious....
    And I asked for cites from others accusing me of doing something. You literally ignored the link I gave you, I posted a transcription of what he word for word said with edits for clarity. That;s okay. That's how this board works. Even given an innocuous cnbc link, I get accosted.

  7. #2407
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So you did not watch the video from cnbc. Okay since it's almost word for word what he says. Like I posted above, even when I provide links, you guys don't really use them, so why bother?
    Because you don't cite correctly. You just admitted you didn't cite what you claimed happened, only that it was "almost" what happened. Which isn't the same. And I don't even care about the point you were making re the quote. The bigger issue is that you don't seem to understand why people on the interwebs insist on cites for claims and quotes. It's to verify authenticity.
    No one is above the law!

  8. #2408
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well I have a few monikers for you based on your posting history, but since we're keeping it civil tonight, I'll pass on them now.

    I'm not sure you're going to answer this, but why is it you feel others have to prove your point for you? By not linking a cite to your statement/claim (and thank you btw for doing so in the above) you make it tough to believe you. And your defense above, that you don't feel the need to do the work for others, just sounds hollow...it's your point, you should back it with cites. Especially when in posts even tonight you ask for cites from others.

    Just curious....
    Also with the conjecture thrown up by all the "orange man bad" people on here, they post dozens of inane, inaccurate ramblings that could not possibly be backed up in any reality...but nobody calls them out because orange man bad.

  9. #2409
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    And I asked for cites from others accusing me of doing something. You literally ignored the link I gave you, I posted a transcription of what he word for word said with edits for clarity. That;s okay. That's how this board works. Even given an innocuous cnbc link, I get accosted.
    I didn't ignore the link, I thanked you for it. It was someone else that was questioning where it came from, and they followed it, and it was wrong.

    You citing something that didn't verify what you claimed - and then admitted it wasn't accurate, but "almost accurate" - and now you're wondering why you're getting "accosted" for "almost" being accurate. Stop me if I'm missing something.
    No one is above the law!

  10. #2410
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because you don't cite correctly. You just admitted you didn't cite what you claimed happened, only that it was "almost" what happened. Which isn't the same. And I don't even care about the point you were making re the quote. The bigger issue is that you don't seem to understand why people on the interwebs insist on cites for claims and quotes. It's to verify authenticity.
    That is because it is edited for clarity, as most transcriptions are. You got me on minutia technicalities, but again you asked for a link, I gave you a link.

    Nothing is ever good enough for people who are not anti Trump. Just because I do not hate Trump does not mean I like everything he does. But I get reported for the slightest thing because I don't hate Trump. It's not like I am Endus, the pretend bastion of all things hypocritical. He started an offtopic argument, then reported the argument to get Connal banned, knowing he himself would not get banned. That is what people who do not hate Trump have to put up with on this board of inequality
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2020-01-15 at 08:14 AM.

  11. #2411
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So you did not watch the video from cnbc. Okay since it's almost word for word what he says. Like I posted above, even when I provide links, you guys don't really use them, so why bother?
    We do - @Orbitus followed the CNBC link and discovered you weren't citing correctly. The quote you listed was from a different source. You even admitted it - again - above.

    What we want, what every thinking person wants, is accuracy in claims. Linking cites to claims is the only way anyone will believe you on a forum. Which is why people jump on you when you don't link correctly - they jump on me, too. They jump on everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    That is because it is edited for clarity, as most transcriptions are. You got me on minutia technicalities, but again you asked for a link, I gave you a link
    Right - and I thanked you for it.

    The bigger question is why do you feel the need for others to prove you right? Why do you feel like you don't need to provide proof of your claims?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Also with the conjecture thrown up by all the "orange man bad" people on here, they post dozens of inane, inaccurate ramblings that could not possibly be backed up in any reality...but nobody calls them out because orange man bad.
    Could you link some of those inaccurate "ramblings"? For this topic, we have independent sources telling us Trump may have assassinated the General to distract from the Impeachment.

    I know you disagree with many of the verified claims against Trump, but disagreeing with them doesn't take away the veracity of the claims.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    That is because it is edited for clarity, as most transcriptions are. You got me on minutia technicalities, but again you asked for a link, I gave you a link.
    No. You're confusing transcriptions with quotes. You're taking what the GOP told you to think about the Ukraine transcriptions (which are edited for clarity) and applying it to quotes taken from an interview by the media. This is a classic example of you not being in possession of the reality around you, falling for the web of lies the GOP has shoved down your throat.
    No one is above the law!

  12. #2412
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We do - @Orbitus followed the CNBC link and discovered you weren't citing correctly. The quote you listed was from a different source. You even admitted it - again - above.

    What we want, what every thinking person wants, is accuracy in claims. Linking cites to claims is the only way anyone will believe you on a forum. Which is why people jump on you when you don't link correctly - they jump on me, too. They jump on everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Right - and I thanked you for it.

    The bigger question is why do you feel the need for others to prove you right? Why do you feel like you don't need to provide proof of your claims?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Could you link some of those inaccurate "ramblings"? For this topic, we have independent sources telling us Trump may have assassinated the General to distract from the Impeachment.

    I know you disagree with many of the verified claims against Trump, but disagreeing with them doesn't take away the veracity of the claims.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No. You're confusing transcriptions with quotes. You're taking what the GOP told you to think about the Ukraine transcriptions (which are edited for clarity) and applying it to quotes taken from an interview by the media. This is a classic example of you not being in possession of the reality around you, falling for the web of lies the GOP has shoved down your throat.
    Good work. I think that the Thwart idea of getting us to list each and every lie and misstatement of Trump supporters is backfiring against them. You are not the only one to be persistent and resourceful in pointing out each and every lie that people like TexasRules posts. And his "Orangeman Bad" comments are probably the most honest comments in any of his posts. Just not in the way he wants it to mean.

  13. #2413
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But those Jihadis will grow up on some story, whether true or not. You seem to think what the US does matters to the Wahadi's raising the next generation of suicide bombers. They will get their crop regardless of what the US and other foreign nations do or not.

    Taking out the General takes a very bad guy off the board. That is a good thing.
    There are no "bad guys". This isn't a cartoon from the 80s.

    Your President pardoned a war criminal a week before this, if wiping out "bad guys" is the only thing that matters then I suppose I can grab a gun and blow his head off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  14. #2414
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There are no "bad guys". This isn't a cartoon from the 80s.

    Your President pardoned a war criminal a week before this, if wiping out "bad guys" is the only thing that matters then I suppose I can grab a gun and blow his head off?
    If there is one subject that I wouldn't joke about on the internet, it is probably wishing physical harm on the US president.

    *Waves* Hi NSA!

  15. #2415
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    As usual we get a load of this nonsense any time the US takes out a big bad guy.

    It's rubbish.

    The US has been killing terrorists and their supporters/backers for years in the Middle East. Wasn't was just reduced to a shadow of itself through luck, it was because the Coalition arrayed against them killed en-masse. Tens of thousands of fighters, financial backers, leaders. The US kept targeting the top IS leadership and it worked to reduce them to nothing.
    A "big bad guy". Seriously, you think this is a video game or something?

    This is a little different from shooting insurgents in Iraq, your government baited a member of a foreign government who you are not at war with into a trap and assassinated him. I really shouldn't have to explain the difference, but I guess you think this is a cartoon or something so if he's a bad person then suddenly this is fine and a good idea from a foreign policy perspective.

    Well the US earned worldwide condemnation, got itself kicked out of Iraq (so much for the last twenty years of policy in that country) and managed to unite a bunch of factions in Iran that were beginning to turn against the government there. You managed to make Iran... IRAN look like the "good guys" to put it terms simplistic enough for you to understand. It's also created an easy propaganda win for jihadi recruitment. This is what happens when you make stupid decisions in foreign policy. Your enemies capitalise on them.

    So what's the plan next? Going to find every asshole in power in the world and use the US armed forces to assassinate them? Good news, you wouldn't even have to leave the country, plenty there to keep you busy for at least a year or two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If there is one subject that I wouldn't joke about on the internet, it is probably wishing physical harm on the US president.

    *Waves* Hi NSA!
    I was talking about Clint Lorance, the war criminal Trump pardoned while his own fellow soldiers wept.

    Not that I'm afraid to joke about anything on the internet, least of all your joke of a President.

    But you know, dodge the actual argument any way you have to I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #2416
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I was talking about Clint Lorance, the war criminal Trump pardoned while his own fellow soldiers wept.

    Not that I'm afraid to joke about anything on the internet, least of all your joke of a President.

    But you know, dodge the actual argument any way you have to I suppose.
    1st, my mistake about the person

    2nd, I'm not from the US.

    3rd, I can't believe the amount of people who reflexively get sand in their genitals when someone points out something might not be in line.

    4th, I'm anti-Trump you moron.

  17. #2417
    Warchief DocSavageFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,199
    Democrats Block A Vote To Support Iran Protesters
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/14/d...an-protesters/
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  18. #2418
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Democrats Block A Vote To Support Iran Protesters
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/14/d...an-protesters/
    So, you're saying they are the same as the GOP who refused to condemn the Armenian Genocide? Or Trump who refused to condemn Saudi Arabia for assassinating a journalist?
    Or when he supports Putin when he assassinates people? Or when he coddles North Korea for literally starving their citizens and shooting them with tanks?

    Very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  19. #2419
    Warchief DocSavageFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you're saying they are the same as the GOP who refused to condemn the Armenian Genocide? Or Trump who refused to condemn Saudi Arabia for assassinating a journalist?
    Or when he supports Putin when he assassinates people? Or when he coddles North Korea for literally starving their citizens and shooting them with tanks?

    Very well.
    Your diversion is transparent as hell. Nice try though.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  20. #2420
    Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    25,041
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Democrats Block A Vote To Support Iran Protesters
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/14/d...an-protesters/
    Condeming Iran for something while Iran is going after the people responsbile and while the US did the same to an Iranian flight in 1988 while in foreign territory?
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •