Page 44 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You can stop destabilizing the ME.

Hear me out... the ME suffers from what I think is an evolutionary block. While Europe (and by extension) had its enlightenment, the Muslim world hasn't had that, yet. And you are disturbing the process. Turkey had it but in no small part due to the development in the ME, Turkey is now run by religious fundamentalists again. You need to stop interfering. And yes, that means bloodshed, because national "evolution" usually involves "revolution" of some sort. And those usually are bloody. You need to let that happen.

You know the yapping dog problem? So there's two ladies walking their dogs on a leash and they yap yap yap at each other all the time, tearing on the leash and whatnot. Annoying everyone around them. The solution is to cut the leash and let them go. Suddenly they shut up. Why? Because the leash is what gave them courage.

This is what you have with Saudi Arabia. You need to let SA and Iran duke it out. Europe had its 30 year war, let the ME have it also if need be. They need to solve that Shia Shiite bullshit on their own terms. And you need to stop interfering with that.

Also, Iran is quite insignificant on the global stage. Is this the hill you want to die on for your new world order? If China and Russia are your main concern (btw, why the elevation of importance for the regional power Russia?) deal with them. Not with some goatherders in the ME.

- - - Updated - - -

But what is enlightened Europe?
    Enlightened Europe/West is what pushed the ME towards what it is today. Don't forget that current borders and chaos is partly caused by European powers which you just called enlightened.

I'm happy to live in Europe but at no point do I think that the mess of the ME is caused because of some sort lack of ''revelation'' in the ME. Whenever a ME country tried to go a certain way the response from the West was always negative. Turkey tried to go towards the EU for decades at this point (Erdoğan was once seen as a good thing), Egypt sacked his dictator but a few short years later the army took back the control with western support.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Iran was invaded by Iraq in the 80-88 war. I'd say Iran won, considering they still exist, and repelled Iraq from Iran by 1982 and was on the offensive in Iraq until the ceasefire. All while Iraq was being backed by most of the Western powers. I mean, these are simple things that can be researched.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War

We honestly don't want a conventional war with Iran. They consider Iraq to be their ancient homeland stolen by Western colonialists.
    Would be nice with zero wars and conflicts but sadly that will never happen on this planet. It is what it is.

Iraq was also the 4th largest military in the world in 2003 before the us destroyed it so they didnt lose much in the iran-iraq war seeing as they also invaded kuwait right after. All both sides where really doing was killing civilians.

The war was a stalemate with both sides claiming victory because neither side could get anything done even after 8 years.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-01-05 at 12:23 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Fucking war hawks. All you're doing is create yet another mess down there for Europe to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Our foreign policy over the past 3 decades, in analogy form:

1) I walk into your house. That TV you have is sweet. I tear up your living room. I shit on your bed. I even kick your cat.

2) You punch me.

3) I get angry and kill your family member. Then tell everyone I'm staying to make sure you don't punch me again.

4) Goto step 1.

Why do so many Americans fall for this crap?
    The answer always have been: The great propaganda machine that operates within the US, was very, very successful in convincing everybody involved that they're always in the right. They don't fall for what you listed, because that is not the version they perceive within the US. They're only shown, told and taught the bits and pieces that fits the narrative of "freedom and democracy, brought to the rest of the uncivilized world".

Why don't they look up the truth? Again, simple: Anybody who dares even attempt that is automatically and immediately labeled a "conspiracy theorist/lunatic"

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Again, simple: Anybody who dares even attempt that is automatically and immediately labeled a "conspiracy theorist/lunatic"
    Or more directly : traitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

For all those people who have been saying "It was okay for Trump to kill him, because Trump said he was a terrorist":

Iran has now called Trump a terrorist.

Does that mean they can assassinate your President? We are talking about someone who locks children in dog cages until they die for political reasons, extorts other countries (including tariffs to enforce a better trade deal), and encourages violence at political rallies, after all, so they can actually back up that claim.

If it was okay to kill Sulemain simply because Trump said Sulemain was a terrorist, then it is okay for Iran to kill Trump because they say he is a terrorist.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Or more directly : traitor.
    Yup. It is no wonder that the open and educated chunks of the American people, often choose to stay quiet and not away from the topic of "foreign policy".

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Imagine what would happen if they voted to immediately remove all U.S. forces and Trump didn't comply.

Lol Pompeo went on State of the Union and is defending Trump's warcrime tweet....

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit...
    This is stunning - #Iraq prime minister tells parliament US troops should leave. Says @realDonaldTrump called him to ask him to mediate with #Iran and then ordered drone strike on Soleimani. Says Soleimani carrying response to Saudi initiative to defuse tension when he was hit.
    https://twitter.com/janearraf/status...321592834?s=19

Iraqi Parliament has voted for ending the presence of foreign troops in Iraq, limiting arms to the Iraqi states and to lodge an official complaint against the US at the UN.

This is a non binding vote so its up to the Iraq Government to decide.

If American gets booted out of Iraq it will have to leave Syria as well for logistical reasons.

Iraqi Parliament has voted for ending the presence of foreign troops in Iraq, limiting arms to the Iraqi states and to lodge an official complaint against the US at the UN.

If American gets booted out of Iraq it will have to leave Syria as well for logistical reasons.
    Man, we should kill high-value infamous butchers more often. Hope they do it. Getting justice for several hundreds of Americans - not to mention countless civilians caught in the crossfire between Assholes A and B in Syria (Quds death squads vs. al Qaeda remnants that make up Syrian "rebels") with a push of a button, and we get an end to an 18 year foreign war that even the most conniving of the "war party" in US politics can't figure out a way to demand we stay in? "Absolute win", like the green guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Imagine what would happen if they voted to immediately remove all U.S. forces and Trump didn't comply.
    Well, we'd see a war in Iraq 3: This time is close and personal (with stellar apparitions like Iran)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

US coalition forces have stopped all anti-ISIS operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The U.S is doing this because it's what Israel wants.

Scarab Lord

all foreign troops or just US ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Man, we should kill high-value infamous butchers more often. Hope they do it. Getting justice for several hundreds of Americans - not to mention countless civilians caught in the crossfire between Assholes A and B in Syria (Quds death squads vs. al Qaeda remnants that make up Syrian "rebels") with a push of a button, and we get an end to an 18 year foreign war that even the most conniving of the "war party" in US politics can't figure out a way to demand we stay in? "Absolute win", like the green guy said.
    Except it's not that easy, we need a logistical presence in the middle east to protect our interests without an operating base we can't protect Americans in the area or our allies effectively. That's not even going into how much more expensive deployments will be , last but not least have alienated two major allies first the Kurds now the Iraqis. This is an absolute win for Iran who now will have free reign of Iraq though frankly the original sin the was the invasion of Iraq since Saddam was a check on Iran's power in the region.

I know your think let's get out of the ME what's the worst that can happen sorry that ship has sailed we've fucked up the place way too much not to pay a price by just pulling out later on. We've just killed way too many people and pissed of too many countries to just walk away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The U.S is doing this because it's what Israel wants.
    Israel wants the US to fight Iran for them but even for them this is too high of a gamble there's a good chance the US just made Iran more influential and powerful while diminishing the US.

Scarab Lord
    US troops would move to Kuwait or SA ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    US troops would move to Kuwait or SA ?
    And do what exactly?
    Help SA chop up journalists? Play poker in the sand all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    The answer always have been: The great propaganda machine that operates within the US, was very, very successful in convincing everybody involved that they're always in the right. They don't fall for what you listed, because that is not the version they perceive within the US. They're only shown, told and taught the bits and pieces that fits the narrative of "freedom and democracy, brought to the rest of the uncivilized world".

Why don't they look up the truth? Again, simple: Anybody who dares even attempt that is automatically and immediately labeled a "conspiracy theorist/lunatic"
    You know, I live in the US and I haven't fell for that propaganda in a long time. I got to the point that we shouldn't be getting ourselves involved in anyone elses internal dispute or regional dispute unless someone asked for help or, in the sense of internal, they were massacring groups of people because of some absurd reason.