Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    They said on ABC news live that Iranian sources claim that tens​ of missiles have been fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Saw a photo of the air base somewhere, didn't look very sparse.

Well you don't have to wonder, here it is on google maps. That bit in the upper center is where all the people are. 85% of the base is runways, taxiways, and guard towers. Even in the populated area there are a lot of empty spaces a rocket/missile can land and not cause a lot of damage, and if you zoom in you can see the bunkers everywhere.

Not saying it wouldn't be scary. I have had tons of 107mm shot at me, and it just gets annoying after a while, but Ballistic missiles is a whole different ballgame. It is definitely scary, but I don't expect hundreds of dead. If they land a lucky shot then maybe a dozen or so.

I reckon if there are no casualties it looks like one of those esculate to de esculate sort of routines,, Iran might have massively miscalculated, its donald trump after all. Hold me back bro!

The bases are massive like Thekri said, could have just peppered the runway/scrubland.

Therers a video going around https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status...01819412275201

no verified though.

also a report of 'one American plane in Ain AlAssad airbase is burning'. cost of a missle vs cost of a plane.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-01-08 at 12:21 AM.

US launched jets from UAE...

So much for not going to war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I. Am. Shocked.

Nobody could have imagined there would be anything like this in response!!

Sigh.

It'll likely only get worse, especially if Trump is given options and they add in a stupid one again, since he'll go for that one.
    Some of his support is already screeching to turn the entire Middle East into glass. Knowing how he panders to his base I expect a tweet in the next day or so threatening nukes.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Some of his support is already screeching to turn the entire Middle East into glass. Knowing how he panders to his base I expect a tweet in the next day or so threatening nukes.
    How will the afford to roll coal when gas is $9 a gallon, though?

15+ Year Old Account
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I can't express how disgusted I am with Trump, republicans in congress, and their supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I reckon if there are no casualties it looks like one of those esculate to de esculate sort of routines,, Iran might have massively miscalculated, its donald trump after all. Hold me back bro!

The bases are massive like Thekri said, could have just peppered the runway/scrubland.

Therers a video going around https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status...01819412275201

no verified though.
    To be clear though, my experience is restricted to insurgents (Farmers mostly), firing unguided 107mm rockets off sandbags. These are professionals firing missiles the size of utility poles, and they are theoretically accurate enough to smack specific buildings with several hundred times more explosives. So I am assuming casualties will be light, but I am certainly not confident that casualties will be zero, unless Iran was actually aiming for the desert (Which is quite possible).

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    US launched jets from UAE...

So much for not going to war.
    Doesn't Nessecarily mean anything. You want the planes in the air so they don't get hit by missiles on the ground. Also, fighters can actually engage MRBMs in flight. Also, we launch jets from the UAE approximately every 15 minutes during normal operations anyway, it is a huge base.

How a ‘quantum change’ in missiles has made Iran a far more dangerous foe

U.S. and Middle Eastern officials say the upgraded missiles — some with ranges of more than 1,200 miles — are but one of several potential avenues for carrying out Iran’s promise to exact revenge for last week’s killing of Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, Iran’s most powerful military leader. While most experts believe Iran will not risk a direct military attack on U.S. assets, the threat of its launching a painful counterstrike — such as a truly crippling blow against Persian Gulf oil facilities, or an attack on Israel — could affect U.S. calculations if the crisis escalates further.

Because Iran has provided its advanced missiles and bombmaking technology to proxy groups, it also possesses options for harming its adversaries while limiting the risk of reprisals. In the past, Tehran frequently tasked pro-Iranian militant groups — chiefly the Lebanon-based Hezbollah, but also proxies and sympathizers based in Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Bahrain — with carrying out a wide range of covert actions on its behalf, from bombings and missile strikes to kidnappings and cyberwarfare.

-------------------

There is a chance I will get in trouble at work soon. I don't think I'm going to be able to ignore anyone saying nice things about Trump at my Trump loving job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump could do one thing to de-escalate: resign and take personal responsibility of the decision to assassinate Suleimani.

Give it a day...Iran will call it even.
    However if Trump does something stupid...(I suppose that's a given)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Just pull in a few more nations and we can start calling it a world war!
    Well if the attack on Erbil is true, that might pull many countries in. It's a hub for many international forces that are involved in the Syrian/ISIS situation through training or direct action and peacekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Doesn't Nessecarily mean anything. You want the planes in the air so they don't get hit by missiles on the ground. Also, fighters can actually engage MRBMs in flight. Also, we launch jets from the UAE approximately every 15 minutes during normal operations anyway, it is a huge base.
    Shit loads of Hercules knocking about.

looks like trump has made a decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Give it a day...Iran will call it even.
    However if Trump does something stupid...(I suppose that's a given)
    Trump doesn't have many options really. Retaliate hard aka war or resign. He isn't going to do the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How will the afford to roll coal when gas is $9 a gallon, though?
    You act like Trump or the Cult cares about silly things like logic. Anything to own the libs, Edge. Even at triple the current gas prices.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Trump could do one thing to de-escalate: resign and take personal responsibility of the decision to assassinate Suleimani.
    snowball's chance in hell that would happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is already flooded with Americans calling for Trump to bomb the shit out of Iran and go full scale war. His fanbase has his back, I'm guessing that's all the reassurance he needs to feel right.