10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    5sec google will yield the same results.
    The guy was a terrorist who plotted tons of terrorists attacks.
    If you want to defend that, go on, but know this, you are insane if you do so.
    Also for you: The end doesn't justify the means. Catch him, bring him to The Hague, and convict him. I'm all for it. Assassination while he is in a public building with casualties. Well, i don't see the difference to a terrorist attack in that.

If you want to defend terrorist acts, go on, but know this, you are insane if you do so.

Don't know if this was posted, but for all of you defending a terrorist, here are the facts from the first hand.

Enjoy.
    Not first-hand, that would require her to be present during killings he ordered.

Everyone agrees he was a shithead, that’s not the case. It’s frankly abit sad to see that this “expert” doesnt get that either.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pompeo is basically now saying "just trust us." As though anyone sane would blindly trust this particular administration lol

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly not first hand, but I've also not really seen anyone actually defend Soleimani.
    The right wing is going with the whole if you question us you are defending terrorists or a traitor bullshit similar to the strategy during the Iraq war.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The right wing is going with the whole if you question us you are defending terrorists or a traitor bullshit similar to the strategy during the Iraq war.
    they seem to be thirsting for iraq 2 electric boogaloo so that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Plus ''they where just about to attack us''
    and
    ''Do you want them to have nukes''
    ''it will be easy''
    ''we will be seen as liberators''

Honestly, it's just the same script that's been used for centuries now, you just replace the country and then you got your bloody justification for almost every war started. Only excuse that's not being used for centuries now is the weapons part since you didn't have nukes 100+ years ago.

more details are being leaked about the briefing about killing the iranian general; the trump admin appears to be flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to potentially starting wars.

This was “probably the worst briefing I’ve seen, at least on a military issue, in the nine years I’ve served in the US Senate,” Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) told reporters after the Senate session. Lee and Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) both said they will now support a war powers resolution led by Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) to restrict the president’s ability to go to war with Iran, something many Republican leaders — like South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham — have come out against.

Lee even said that one of the briefers’ response to how the administration would request an authorization for the use of military force was, “I’m sure we could think of something.”

“It seemed like they didn’t have a lot of information they could give us,” said a senior Democratic House member who, like four others, spoke to me on the condition of anonymity to describe a classified briefing. “They don’t have any” underlying facts to establish an imminent threat, the lawmaker said. “The information we got was no more detailed or revealing than what we’ve read in the news or seen on the TV.”

“They did give us a window on the ‘imminent’ threat, but the window was so large that it doesn’t necessarily constitute ‘imminent,’” the lawmaker said, adding that the stated time frame around what the administration has described as an imminent threat was “days” rather than “weeks.”

“They gave us no time, place, or method” when describing the Soleimani threat, the Congress member continued. “Instead, we got a historical overview of decades-long malign activities from Iran. It begs the question: Was the attack on Soleimani more in retribution for what he’s done, or what he was planning?”

What’s more, the defense and military officials were asked multiple direct questions about the legal justification for Trump to order a strike on Soleimani. Both Esper and Army Gen. Mark Milley, the Joint Chiefs chair, looked uncomfortable, a Democratic aide said, and turned to their legal team because they apparently didn’t have the answers themselves. “There were no justifications,” the Democratic aide said. “It was totally insufficient.”
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...fing-soleimani

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    ''Do you want them to have nukes''
    It still bugs me that anyone in Team Trump would even try this. There was a perfectly working option, Trump broke it on purpose.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    You mean Iraq 3: Detroit Style

5sec google will yield the same results.
    The guy was a terrorist who plotted tons of terrorists attacks.
    If you want to defend that, go on, but know this, you are insane if you do so.
    Sweet lord... If we disagree with the assassination, we support the terrorist? Is that where you're going with this?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You mean Iraq 3: Detroit Style
    More like Vietnam 2: Mountain Edition for what a war like that would be for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    They are using the same writers and salesmen if you blink you would think you took a time machine back to the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It still bugs me that anyone in Team Trump would even try this. There was a perfectly working option, Trump broke it on purpose.
    But that hurts their narrative that it was the worstiest worstest non-working option in the entire history of everything ever and would somehow have made them get nukes even faster and had to be broken without even the merest ghost of a replacement, because trust them they said so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    More like Vietnam 2: Mountain Edition for what a war like that would be for the US.
    Hollywood opportunity here, Hamburger Hill 2: Hamburger Mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hollywood opportunity here, Hamburger Hill 2: Hamburger Mountain.
    *Hamberder

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this was posted, but for all of you defending a terrorist, here are the facts from the first hand.

Enjoy.
    Well it's news to no one really, aside from some really ignorant people.

Of all people in Middle East, Suleimani was easily in top 5 worst scum list. If Baghdadi would not be a thing, he'd probably be no.1 right there.

The world is better with his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well it's news to no one really, aside from some really ignorant people.

Of all people in Middle East, Suleimani was easily in top 5 worst scum list. If Baghdadi would not be a thing, he'd probably be no.1 right there.

The world is better with his death.
    We're forgetting Netanyahu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump flat-out claims in public that Iran was planning to blow up the embassy.

"Did he provide any evidence?"

Well, he's repeatedly attacked his own intelligence agencies. And even the GOP were leaving that briefing he gave angry at the lack of info. So, not only did he not give any evidence, I don't think it exists.

The problem with Suleimani is (was) that the international law does not really provide a way to deal with people like him. There is no way to punish them unless they are stupid and decide to travel to wrong country. And no, dont tell me that he was a nice guy (and I still give the most credit for defeating ISIS to Kurds, not some lawless bands of militia).
    It is nice and good to cry foul about breaching international laws, while at the doing nothing to ensure next Suleimani can't do what he wishes and the cycle repeats.
    So USA did the only thing they could. Which... at the same time was the worst, especially with all the regional specifics of Middle East.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well now that i am back from China i can actually talk about this. As a Muslim whom wants a peaceful way of the world it is a great thing this horrific bastard is dead. The Trump administration did something correct for once and yet the narrative that they should not have is stupid in the broader sense, this will keep Iran in its place which is hopefully suffering enough that they slurp muddy water if that is all they have to drink. Thoughts and prayers for the populace obviously but this is love and war ( yes economic attacks are an act of war ) and since that phrase works so well in America anyway.

Regardless if people want to acknowledge it or not America controls the world and we are better for it considering the alternatives. I am fairly anti interventionist myself but understanding that every time in history that Might makes right i would rather it be America then Russia or China with that power. My biggest worry is that the upcoming economic slowdown will be extremely damaging to the revenue sources of the US to fight in a pro-longed resource based war against its adversaries where as the Chinese monetary system is largely closed off from outside regulatory forces. This entire thing is a distraction from that narrative and is a waste of time and resources and more so because people are literally defending a complete piece of shit.