Page 1 of 124
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Iranian General Sulemain and others reported killed in Baghdad airstrike

Iran's Soleimani and Iraq's Muhandis killed in air strike: militia spokesman
    “The American and Israeli enemy is responsible for killing the mujahideen Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and Qassem Soleimani,” said Ahmed al-Assadi, a spokesman for Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Forces umbrella grouping of Iran-backed militias.
    That's the head of Iran's expeditionary Quds Force, reportedly dead along with two leaders of the pro-Iranian Iraqi militia movement; other pro-Iranian factional leaders in Iraq, including member of the Iraqi parliament Hadi al-Amiri have allegedly been siezed by US Maries in Baghdad.

The Iranian government, and Shi'ites across the region, will likely see these actions as a de facto declaration of war by the United States. (Mods, feel free to change the thread title once the widespread shooting starts, as it likely will.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Not much iran can do against the us as against the country, perhaps in iraq/iran there will be some attacks against us troops who knows dont think they will fare very well if they do.

Bet they close of the Strait of Hormuz that's pretty much all they can do.

Cant say i care much though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-01-03 at 02:42 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Iran's Soleimani and Iraq's Muhandis killed in air strike: militia spokesman

That's the head of Iran's expeditionary Quds Force, reportedly dead along with two leaders of the pro-Iranian Iraqi militia movement; other pro-Iranian factional leaders in Iraq, including member of the Iraqi parliament Hadi al-Amiri have allegedly been siezed by US Maries in Baghdad.

The Iranian government, and Shi'ites across the region, will likely see these actions as a de facto declaration of war by the United States. (Mods, feel free to change the thread title once the widespread shooting starts, as it likely will.)
    Leaving the Iranian nuclear deal will be one of the biggest foreign policy blunders in United States History. Trump needs to be removed before this escalates any further.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Oh cool, Iraq War #3. I'm sure it will go just as well as the last 2.

Someone told the dipshit that getting into a war would shore up his approval ratings, didn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope dipshit in Chief has enough braincells left to realize another war will basically tank his reelection chances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    Someone told the dipshit that getting into a war would shore up his approval ratings, didn't they?
    Yup He did

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...04554855825408

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a tough one. On the one hand, I strongly favor pushing for peace with Iran and I thought pulling out of the Iranian Nuclear Deal was a horrible mistake that we'll regret for a generation.

On the other, when people talk about Iran sponsoring terrorism? This was the guy. This guy's job was pretty much 'terrorism coordinator', and the world is a better place without him.

It's nice to see Trump doing the right thing for once.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    The right thing by escalating military action against a country that has a larger and more sophisticated military than Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria? You're fucking delusional.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-03 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming - Be civil

10+ Year Old Account
    What a damn shit show? And for what? For warmongers to bust one off? Proxy holy wars? Oil prices? Political clout?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    These people are behind the death of American citizens in a recent rocket attack. Justice is served and we got rid of few cockroaches who thought they were a thing just because Obama is a pussy.
    At the cost of more American lives in the US? Innocent civilians caught in a pissing match?

Decreased confidence in American diplomacy?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Escalates to what? US deleting Iran? I wouldn't mind that. We will bomb it to oblivion; no need for invasion at all. This was how first gulf war went against Iraq during the HW Bush administration. We basically deleted Iraq as a force in the region and did the wise thing by not invading it. Should have stayed like that.
    Oh yeah the roving bands of Russian, Iranian, and Turkish paramilitary forces all over the middle east sure is a deletion. It's a power vacuum, and this will only exacerbate it, and seeing how the Iran deal was sabotaged by the piece of shit president himself, the chance of weapons grade uranium falling into the hands of one of those paramilitary forces has just increased 100 fold. Cant wait to see your enlistment papers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The right thing by escalating military action against a country that has a larger and more sophisticated military than Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria? You're fucking delusional.
    Giving them an excuse to go nuclear as well as a cause to take them out before they can. Good Ole Middle Eastern politics.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

• Soleimani is a horrible person and morally his death is justified.
    • Killing Soleimani now is foolish and will set off the already super pressurized situation in the Middle East into a regional war that will end up getting more people killed.

Both of these can be true.

That remains to be seen. It is the thing in the short term that feels right to do and the guy was a scum bag who very much deserved a rocket but there is a reason he had not been taken out in the past. He is so tied in with the high command of iran its very possible this winds up blowing up into something a lot more massive.

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

that said, the last thing anyone needs is yet another ongoing war in the middle east.

Glad the scumbag is dead, I do worry about this eventually leading into another trillion dollar quagmire though.

I know there's no point in really arguing with someone that's blatantly trolling and has an actual neonazi symbol for an avatar, so a nice succinct "please, please go fuck yourself" will have to suffice here.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-03 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming - Be civil

official pentagon announcement:

“General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon said in a statement. “General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more.”
    “This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans,” the statement added. “The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.”
    https://apple.news/ALL45vJqYQ8mcqDOzFC9wCg

What power vacuum? We can kill anyone that we don't like just we killed this dog. We will nuke Iran before it has nukes and that should take care of it.
    Only idiots think the US can nuke someone and not be retaliated against (possibly with more nukes) and surely you aren't an idiot or I would have just flamed you which would be against the rules.