Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Well now that i am back from China i can actually talk about this. As a Muslim whom wants a peaceful way of the world it is a great thing this horrific bastard is dead. The Trump administration did something correct for once and yet the narrative that they should not have is stupid in the broader sense, this will keep Iran in its place which is hopefully suffering enough that they slurp muddy water if that is all they have to drink. Thoughts and prayers for the populace obviously but this is love and war ( yes economic attacks are an act of war ) and since that phrase works so well in America anyway.

Regardless if people want to acknowledge it or not America controls the world and we are better for it considering the alternatives. I am fairly anti interventionist myself but understanding that every time in history that Might makes right i would rather it be America then Russia or China with that power. My biggest worry is that the upcoming economic slowdown will be extremely damaging to the revenue sources of the US to fight in a pro-longed resource based war against its adversaries where as the Chinese monetary system is largely closed off from outside regulatory forces. This entire thing is a distraction from that narrative and is a waste of time and resources and more so because people are literally defending a complete piece of shit.
    Yeh people keep ignoring the fact that this guy coordinated militias across the middle east that antagonize the US. We are already "at war" with Iran across the Middle East, but with proxy groups that THIS guy coordinated and funded. That's not even to mention that Iran just killed 1500+ protestors this last month. They aren't innocent just because they aren't Orange man.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-09 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh people keep ignoring the fact that this guy coordinated militias across the middle east that antagonize the US. We are already "at war" with Iran across the Middle East, but with proxy groups that THIS guy coordinated and funded. That's not even to mention that Iran just killed 1500+ protestors this last month. They aren't innocent just because they aren't Orange man.
    That guy was just the manager at the time, he's already been replaced, and the hierarchy and structures beneath him are still in tact.

It's almost like the mythical Hydra was a metaphor for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I wonder what was happening in syria for the last 5 years

and we are not talking about military presence only. also financial & weaponry support.
    He was referring to actual physical country location, not "presence".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If you haven't noticed conventional warfare is basically dead, we are obsessed with fighting a type of war that went out the window since Vietnam.
    Hmmm.... Im sure the Iraqi troops from 1991 would like to discuss this with you. Conventional warfare is still preferred between near-peers, asymmetrical warfare is used to counter conventional forces when there is no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That guy was just the manager at the time, he's already been replaced, and the hierarchy and structures beneath him are still in tact.

It's almost like the mythical Hydra was a metaphor for something.
    he was apparently also easy to keep tabs on, now they will be extra cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    Does that make a difference? For nearly 20 years now I've been told "If we just invade this country, kill this guy, we'll have peace". We seem to be further away from that point than we were then. The list of countries and assassination targets only ever seems to get longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Does that make a difference? For nearly 20 years now I've been told "If we just invade this country, kill this guy, we'll have peace". We seem to be further away from that point than we were then. The list of countries and assassination targets only ever seems to get longer.
    i agree, just saying it all around made no sense from any kind of tactical perspective beyond trump wanting to flex on iran. someone whos whereabouts and goings on we can trace is less of a threat than an unknown. the problem is people saying that flexing justifies itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Hmmm.... Im sure the Iraqi troops from 1991 would like to discuss this with you. Conventional warfare is still preferred between near-peers, asymmetrical warfare is used to counter conventional forces when there is no other option.
    You mean the war we have spend years fighting against a vastly inferior force? Iraq is your model for the success of conventional warfare, that your final answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The problem with Suleimani is (was) that the international law does not really provide a way to deal with people like him. There is no way to punish them unless they are stupid and decide to travel to wrong country. And no, dont tell me that he was a nice guy (and I still give the most credit for defeating ISIS to Kurds, not some lawless bands of militia).
    It is nice and good to cry foul about breaching international laws, while at the doing nothing to ensure next Suleimani can't do what he wishes and the cycle repeats.
    So USA did the only thing they could. Which... at the same time was the worst, especially with all the regional specifics of Middle East.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    By that same logic should we execute Kim Jong Un? how about Putin terrible guy assassinate him as well? other countries consider some of our heads of state as bad guys are you okay with them doing the same? Should every country start assassinating heads of state they think are bad guys?

You don't seem to understand the concept of Pandora's box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    He wasn't really hiding he was posting pics on social media and everything that's why I laugh at Trump bragging about accuracy.

5+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a pointless exercise, since its easy to zerg US navy en masse when there's no irl casualties...it's like a computer game..doesn't say anything about the red team's losses to achieve their aim..

Another thing, US forces wouldn't be so near Iran without having degraded Iran's forces a bit..to be so close to shore for red team to take advantage..

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the war we have spend years fighting against a vastly inferior force? Iraq is your model for the success of conventional warfare, that your final answer?
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the first gulf war rather than the second one with the year 1991 being mentioned.

That one was more about stopping Iraq under Saddam from annexing Kuwait, rather than sticking around for a decade long occupation afterwards.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...kabee-sanders/

Looks like they sent Pence out to do the rounds on the new show and gin up public support for the strike.

When questioned about the justification for the strike and why Congress hasn't been told about the intelligence, his response is pretty perfect. I'll paraphrase it below -

Don't worry, just trust us
    Because this administration has done so much to build up trust with Congress, the American people, or even Trump's own political party.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think most people can agree this guy is somebody that probably deserved a rocket but the problem with killing him like this especially doing it in iraq is that it may wind up accomplishing for iran what this guy was trying to accomplish which is getting the US out of iraq. Iraq now finds itself in a very very bad spot between a very hostile neighbor whose second of command was just assassinated in their country and the US. I think the most likely outcome is iraq pushing for the US to leave sooner rather than later. Either officially or simply refusing to work with/supply/interact with the US forces there making continued operations there highly problematic. Also we can fully expect road side bombings to start back up which had been quiet for a long time while various factions were dealing with ISIS.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

By that same logic should we execute Kim Jong Un? how about Putin terrible guy assassinate him as well? other countries consider some of our heads of state as bad guys are you okay with them doing the same? Should every country start assassinating heads of state they think are bad guys?

You don't seem to understand the concept of Pandora's box.

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn't really hiding he was posting pics on social media and everything that's why I laugh at Trump bragging about accuracy.
    Yes, the Gulf War was a clear conventional war and clear US victory. Even the 2003 invasion of Iraq was both a conventional war and US victory. It wasn't until the operation stopped being an invasion and became an occupation that it transitioned into unconventional warfare.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Don't know if this was posted, but for all of you defending a terrorist, here are the facts from the first hand.

Enjoy.
    Erica, huh? Why, what a very muslim name...why is it that with every conflict or possible, Washington always has people coming out of the woodwork proclaiming they would love for their own country to be on the receiving end of freedom bombs...Plz, don't waste our time with this nonsense.

And yes, there are Iranian groups in America that would love US interventionism, here's one...even cheering for john fucking bolton...I mean, chrissakes..they were declared a terrorist organization by America...but I guess when groups are needed for US interest they morph into 'moderates'

Now as for your video...lol a trump supporter, she says "Thank you Donald Trump"
    This trump?

She uploaded her video two days after trumps tweet...

Ok, I'll properly describe these people, Quislings. That's all they are, it doesn't matter whether iranian government is good or bad, that's a seperate discussion, the point is these people would welcome a situation like the one in iraq but worse, n they are so stupid they haven't learned from disaster of iraq n the human suffering it led to, they are simply stupid af airheads "yeah, freedumbs!!! bomb us into freedom!"

If these pro-Trump, pro-intervention groups could show a shred of empathy towards their fellow iranians in iran what suffering an US-Iran war would bring, I could respect that, but they fucking don't...these are sell-outs...I think some of these are either terrorists or just ignorant people so detached from Iran, so Americanized they have lost the connection n should just call themselves Americans n stop pretending to be Iranian when they have so few support in Iran, cuz why would the average Iranian regardless how they feel about the mullahs want to welcome iraq-style freedumb intervention??

This would be like cuban americans that would want trump to carpet bomb cuba into capitalism n freedumbs...

So, she blames yemen on iran n not saudi-arabia that commits the genocide there...she talks like she is a scripted npc..

Ok, I did some digging on this 'erica' turns out she's a lobbyist in washington...why, what a surprise!

Washington Examiner: You describe yourself as a human rights activist. Are you keeping up with that type of work in your new job?

Kasraie: It's a unique situation because of the previous relationship I had with Congressman Franks in the capacity of an activist. Even though I'm his scheduler and personal assistant, he really respects my recommendations when it comes to the policy on the Middle East and specifically on Iran. Obviously, we have a foreign policy adviser who advises him. But not only does the foreign policy adviser respect my recommendations but so does my boss.
    Keep up with the times, we need a new "gay girl in damascus" for Iran! xD
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-unfolded.html
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-09 at 09:27 PM.

Yes, the Gulf War was a clear conventional war and clear US victory. Even the 2003 invasion of Iraq was both a conventional war and US victory. It wasn't until the operation stopped being an invasion and became an occupation that it transitioned into unconventional warfare.
    We spent years fighting in Iraq even after conventional warfare more people died after the invasion than the initial quickie fight, you are probably one of those who believed Bush's mission accomplished party.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Don't know if this was posted, but for all of you defending a terrorist, here are the facts from the first hand.

Enjoy.
    Who the fuck is defending him?!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Who the fuck is defending him?!
    ordinary people defend their war hero, so go find yourself some that aren't trump rep lobbyists that try to speak for iranians..

10+ Year Old Account
    We spent years fighting in Iraq even after conventional warfare more people died after the invasion than the initial quickie fight, you are probably one of those who believed Bush's mission accomplished party.
    What part of "It wasn't until the operation stopped being an invasion and became an occupation that it transitioned into unconventional warfare" did you not understand????????????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    ordinary people defend their war hero, so go find yourself some that aren't trump rep lobbyists that try to speak for iranians..
    Ordinary people defended Hitler, your point?

What part of "It wasn't until the operation stopped being an invasion and became an occupation that it transitioned into unconventional warfare" did you not understand???????????????????????
    By that measure we won Vietnam

Wow...so now Iran is shooting down passenger airliners. That plane that they problem intentionally shot down, had many Canadians AND Iranians. My guess is they probably knew it was an airliner and shot the missile anyway..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ordinary people defended Hitler, your point?
    Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.