Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Maybe there are Iranians on this forum?
    So that means there should be some quotes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Who the fuck on this forum was defending him. Did you pay attention to the quote I was quoting?
    I think you don't understand my simple reply n need to re-read it.

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So that means there should be some quotes.
    Either that or they only read and don't post/reply?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I think you don't understand my simple reply n need to re-read it.

Bye.
    Why are you quoting me when I’m asking for people on this forum who defended terrorists?

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or they only read and don't post/reply?
    He said people were defending terrorists here. So how can they know this with no post? Defenses usually require an over defense of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iranian ambassador "A thorough investigation is underway on the incident." Why would an investigation be needed, they could simply say *oops..we didn't mean to shoot it down and are very sorry* or be like *we meant to(
    Because literally any country a plane falls out the sky in says exactly those words.

Iranian ambassador "A thorough investigation is underway on the incident." Why would an investigation be needed, they could simply say *oops..we didn't mean to shoot it down and are very sorry* or be like *we meant to
    Russia is going to admit to shooting down that plane a few years ago any second now

10+ Year Old Account
    House passes measure to limit Trump's ability to go to war with Iran.

Kind of.

In a largely party-line vote of 224-194, the House passed a war powers resolution that would direct the president to end military hostilities with Iran unless Congress specifically authorizes it or the United States faces an “imminent armed attack.”

The measure would not need Trump’s signature because it’s what’s known as a “concurrent resolution.” But that has also left Democrats open to criticism that the resolution is just a messaging bill since concurrent resolutions are typically nonbinding, though their use to force the end of military hostilities under the War Powers Act is untested in court.
    While hopefully things have finished progressing -- we won't know for a while, Iran might say something mean about Trump in gym class and get Trump to blow up some mosques -- this could easily stand for a "who voted for the war" roll call if things go poorly. "Mr. Republican, you voted no to restrict Trump's ability," a challenger might say, "and then he went to war with Iran. That means you are okay with this."

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/...on/4425266002/

Color me shocked Matt Gaetz voted for it, but I imagine the White House told Republicans in Congress to vote however they wanted since the resolution is less useful than a piece of toilet paper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    No. That is crazy and conspiratorial.

And that is even more crazy and conspiratorial. Why would Russia sneak in and shoot missiles at a passenger plane over the Iranian capital? How would they even do that? They don't have ground AA there, they would have to send a fighter to do it.
    Russia, and the US, have agents and proxies working everywhere in the world.

There's like a gazillion reasons why Russia would do this. Still, I don't think it's the likely explanation. Iranian accident is the most likely one. But dismissing the possiblity of Russians shooting it down is extremely naive.

EDIT: In fact, the video of the rocket hitting the plane is very questionable. Why is the guy out there filming the sky in the right direction at the right time and very close to the plane? One could say it indicates he had a prior knowledge of such a rocket being fired...
    Last edited by Puupi; 2020-01-10 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

There's like a gazillion reasons why Russia would do this. Still, I don't think it's the likely explanation. Iranian accident is the most likely one. But dismissing the possiblity of Russians shooting it down is extremely naive.
    Iran is a Russian ally, and the missiles allegedly used were sold to Iran by Russia. What does Russia gain from this? This only stands to put Iran in a bad place, and does nothing to their actual adversaries beyond potentially enrage them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Iran is a Russian ally, and the missiles allegedly used were sold to Iran by Russia. What does Russia gain from this? This only stands to put Iran in a bad place, and does nothing to their actual adversaries beyond potentially enrage them.
    Really....? You need to think outside the box a bit.

I'll just list a few possible reasons what Russia could have to gain from this:

1. Causing the attack to make US retaliate and start a war against Iran.
    2. Iranian alliance to Russia is of secondary value compared to the importance of hurting the US.
    3. War is business. Selling more weapons to Iran.
    4. Weaker Iran - more obedient puppet, more Russian influence in the region.
    5. The plane was Ukrainian. Knowing the actual passenger manifests is a bit out of their reach considering the short notice and window of opportunity, but they surely would know the plane is Ukrainian.

And of course the actual shooters wouldn't be Sergei and Igor with their BUK shooting down the plane in the middle of Tehran, but their Iranian proxies/mercenaries/whatever - brown men with beards and on Putin's payroll.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

EDIT: In fact, the video of the rocket hitting the plane is very questionable. Why is the guy out there filming the sky in the right direction at the right time and very close to the plane? One could say it indicates he had a prior knowledge of such a rocket being fired...
    No, dismissing the idea of the Russians shooting it down is what a normal and sane person would do. Yes, Russia has agents everywhere. Those Agents are not armed with mid-sized surface to air missiles. Shooting down a civilian airliner over Iranian territory is insane, Russia is trying to build a relationship with Iran, and humiliating them on the world stage is not a great way of doing it, nor is killing a planeload of their citizens. If Iran found out Russia did this they would go nuts, and Russia's chances of ever getting a foothold in the region would disappear. Russia would have an enormous amount to lose from this, and if they were clumsy enough that random forum posters on the internet could guess it, so could Iranian intelligence.

Russia has no reason to randomly murder a planeload of Iranian citizens. Neither does the US. Neither does Iran. This was not an intentional act, this is an accident involving a weapon and an airliner that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Yes, Iran should have handled their civilian air traffic better. Yes, Iran should have handled their Air Defense systems better. No, Iran did not plan this. Hindsight is 20/20, and it is always easy to point out failures after something terrible has happened. The truth of the matter is that humans are deeply fallible creatures and they make mistakes, and some mistakes have big consequences. This is a known fact, and we don't have to rely on crazy theories of Russian false flag operations.

- - - Updated - - -

2. Iranian alliance to Russia is of secondary value compared to the importance of hurting the US.
    5. The plane was Ukrainian. Knowing the actual passenger manifests is a bit out of their reach considering the short notice and window of opportunity, but they surely would know the plane is Ukrainian.

And of course the actual shooters wouldn't be Sergei and Igor with their BUK shooting down the plane in the middle of Tehran, but their Iranian proxies/mercenaries/whatever - brown men with beards and on Putin's payroll.
    Ok, in order..

1) WTF would the US Retaliate against Iran killing Iranians by accident?
    2) How does this hurt the US exactly?
    3) How does this want Iran to buy MORE Russian missiles, when these ones just destroyed the wrong target? Seems like they would want to buy radar that can tell the difference between a B-1B and a 737.
    4) Ok, Iran is not a puppet, this doesn't make them weaker, and it certainly doesn't make them more obedient.
    5) Come on, Russia doesn't go around killing anything Ukrainian.

All of this also doesn't cover the extreme risk to Russia if their little plot is uncovered. If someone found out it was Russia, then literally everyone is going to be PISSED. Canada, Sweden, and the Ukraine are going to be very mad you killed their citizens. Iran is going to be furious you killed their citizens AND framed them, and the US is going to be pissed because... well the US isn't going to miss a chance to get pissed at Russia for murdering people.

No US citizens on the jet. That's not particularly difficult information to get, and Russia would have known the passenger list if they were interested.

So, nope.

See above, this doesn't hurt the US. Also, Iran has considerable strategic importance to Russia, including controlling the Straight of Hormuz.

Again, see above. What war?

The opposite of their goals. They don't want Russian troops in the region, they already learned their lesson from Afghanistan. They're better served with a stronger Iran, who will remain considerably weaker than Russia, exerting influence in the region.

As stated above, not a reach at all. But what do they get out of downing a Ukrainian jet?

but their Iranian proxies/mercenaries/whatever - brown men with beards and on Putin's payroll.
    If this was the case, I imagine Iran would be hot to sling the blame on Russia rather than take the international pressure at the moment. It would make them even more sympathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) WTF would the US Retaliate against Iran killing Iranians by accident?
    Because Russians didn't know the plane was full of Iranians.

2) How does this hurt the US exactly?
    Spice up the conflict to evolve into a war. A war with Iran would be catastrophic for the US.
    3) How does this want Iran to buy MORE Russian missiles, when these ones just destroyed the wrong target? Seems like they would want to buy radar that can tell the difference between a B-1B and a 737.
    What do you mean wrong target? Iran (the government) would of course know they didn't shoot it down, but some other Iranians did. There are different underground factions in Iran, too. Supported and supplied by foreign states. Just like everywhere, business as usual in geopolitics.
    4) Ok, Iran is not a puppet, this doesn't make them weaker, and it certainly doesn't make them more obedient.
    Yes they are a "puppet". They are very reliant on Russian goods, resources and weaponry.
    5) Come on, Russia doesn't go around killing anything Ukrainian.
    Excuse me? You know they have been fighting a proxy war in Ukraine for 5 years?

All of this also doesn't cover the extreme risk to Russia if their little plot is uncovered. If someone found out it was Russia, then literally everyone is going to be PISSED. Canada, Sweden, and the Ukraine are going to be very mad you killed their citizens. Iran is going to be furious you killed their citizens AND framed them, and the US is going to be pissed because... well the US isn't going to miss a chance to get pissed at Russia for murdering people.
    Extreme risk? Russia was uncovered to having been shooting down MH17. Pretty much nothing happened to Russia. US and the whole Europe basically just waved their fingers and said "naughty Russia" and applied mild economic sanctions.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Because Russians didn't know the plane was full of Iranians.

Spice up the conflict to evolve into a war. A war with Iran would be catastrophic for the US.

What do you mean wrong target? Iran (the government) would of course know they didn't shoot it down, but some other Iranians did. There are different underground factions in Iran, too. Supported and supplied by foreign states. Just like everywhere, business as usual in geopolitics.

Yes they are a "puppet". They are very reliant on Russian goods, resources and weaponry.

Excuse me? You know they have been fighting a proxy war in Ukraine for 5 years?

Extreme risk? Russia was uncovered to having been shooting down MH17. Pretty much nothing happened to Russia. US and the whole Europe basically just waved their fingers and said "naughty Russia" and applied mild economic sanctions.
    Ok... yeah, I am done with this crazy conspiracy.

So your theory is that Russia went through all the trouble to shoot down one specific airliner in Iran, but couldn't be bothered to figure out who was on it. The Russians couldn't figure out that a plane leaving from IRAN was full of IRANIANs. That is some next level intelligence failure right there.

An easy way to spot a conspiracy theory is to ask if it involves some organization simultaneously acting extremely competent and incompetent at the same time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

No, because a US/Iran war would result in the US taking over Iran an putting in it's own government, and the last thing Russia want's is a proxy US state 100 miles from its border.

No, it isn't, see above.

They wouldn't be able to sell Iran weapons while they were at war with the USA. Not to mention Iran doesn't buy many weapons from them anyway because all the time they spent reverse engineering their US equipment so they could maintain/rearm it has given Iran a pretty decent weapons industry, generally speaking they are a bad customer as they only buy a handful of things then clone them in house.

Getting roflstomped by America would weaken Iran yes, but Iran becoming a puppet US state like post Saddam Iraq did would weaken Russian influence in the region.

It's not like passenger manifests are made available to international law enforcement or anything >.>

Except it wasn't proxies/mercs/militia/whatever that reportedly shot it down, it was the Iranian Air Defence Force, a branch of the army.
    Russia was uncovered to having been shooting down MH17. Pretty much nothing happened to Russia. US and the whole Europe basically just waved their fingers and said "naughty Russia" and applied mild economic sanctions.
    That's because the pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine that shot it down aren't actually Russian they're Ukrainian rebels (that's the very thing they're rebelling about, they want to join Russia).
    Damn that's some next level tinfoil **** lol >.>
    Last edited by caervek; 2020-01-10 at 12:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No US citizens on the jet. That's not particularly difficult information to get, and Russia would have known the passenger list if they were interested.
    You sure they would just get it instantly? The window of opportunity opened pretty fast when Iran decided to let civilian planes fly there. I would like to know what other, if any, planes were departing from the Tehran airport before and after the Ukrainian one.

The opposite of their goals. They don't want Russian troops in the region, they already learned their lesson from Afghanistan. They're better served with a stronger Iran, who will remain considerably weaker than Russia, exerting influence in the region.
    Nah, obviously not many Russian troops would ever go there. Proxy wars are great, they are often very profitable.

As stated above, not a reach at all. But what do they get out of downing a Ukrainian jet?
    Hurt Ukraine, USA and Iran. Win-win-win.

If this was the case, I imagine Iran would be hot to sling the blame on Russia rather than take the international pressure at the moment. It would make them even more sympathetic.
    Only if they knew it was Russia and could prove it. What would be even worse than taking the blame for it themselves? - The fact that some other Iranians did it. That would make them look weak and divided.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... yeah, I am done with this crazy conspiracy.

So your theory is that Russia went through all the trouble to shoot down one specific airliner in Iran, but couldn't be bothered to figure out who was on it. The Russians couldn't figure out that a plane leaving from IRAN was full of IRANIANs. That is some next level intelligence failure right there.

An easy way to spot a conspiracy theory is to ask if it involves some organization simultaneously acting extremely competent and incompetent at the same time.
    It's not my theory or something I believe happened as I already mentioned two or three times. I was just pointing out very plausible reasons why Russia could have shot down the plane. You know you can think and discuss other options as well as your own view on things.

You sure they would just get it instantly? The window of opportunity opened pretty fast when Iran decided to let civilian planes fly there. I would like to know what other, if any, planes were departing from the Tehran airport before and after the Ukrainian one.
    It's not super difficult to find out who's on a plane. And as far as I know, planes were still taking off from the Tehran airport, this wasn't some "one-off" or anything.

Nah, obviously not many Russian troops would ever go there. Proxy wars are great, they are often very profitable.
    Do you have evidence of significant Russian troop presence in Iran in an unofficial capacity like this?

Hurt Ukraine, USA and Iran. Win-win-win.
    You have yet to establish how this "hurts the US". This hurts Iran, and Iran only.

Only if they knew it was Russia and could prove it. What would be even worse than taking the blame for it themselves? - The fact that some other Iranians did it. That would make them look weak and divided.
    Again, what does Russia gain from this? How do they benefit from international, and domestic, anger at the Iranian government?

You're kinda going a bit space cadet with this dude. These are some Mr. Fantastic style reaches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Damn that's some next level tinfoil **** lol >.>
    There are a lot of US proxy states on Russian border already, Iran wouldn't make a difference in that regard.

The US will eventually leave Iraq, and Iran, and then a weak state is up for grabs.

Iran wouldn't get roflstomped, it would be a long and costly war for the US.

Getting passenger manifests the legal way would blow Russia's cover. They would need to hack the airline's database to get the passenger lists in that timeframe.

Where is the proof of Iranian Air Defence Force shooting it down? For now, it wasn't reportedly shot down by anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not super difficult to find out who's on a plane. And as far as I know, planes were still taking off from the Tehran airport, this wasn't some "one-off" or anything.
    It is difficult if you need to know in ~minutes.

Also if other planes were coming and going, this is even more suspicious. Why was the Ukrainian plane shot down if there were many planes flying there. And why would it be accidentally shot down if the people saw there were civilian planes coming and going all the time?

Do you have evidence of significant Russian troop presence in Iran in an unofficial capacity like this?
    Russian troops? I just said proxy forces. They are Iranian. Brown people. Beards.

You have yet to establish how this "hurts the US". This hurts Iran, and Iran only.
    .........how many times do I need to say "war"? And no, you just saying "no" doesn't dismiss that possibility.

Again, what does Russia gain from this? How do they benefit from international, and domestic, anger at the Iranian government?

You're kinda going a bit space cadet with this dude. These are some Mr. Fantastic style reaches.
    No, you are just being deliberately obtuse. War is what Russia could gain from this. US-Iran war or Iranian civil war. Any war in Iran is profitable for Russia. Occam's razor works here, too. IF the plane wasn't shot down by accident, who would have most to gain from shooting down the plane? Russia.

There are a lot of US proxy states on Russian border already, Iran wouldn't make a difference in that regard.
    Which states on the Russian border are US proxy states?

The US will eventually leave Iraq, and Iran, and then a weak state is up for grabs.
    The US isn't in Iran, and Iran and Iraq have had closer ties as of late. Neither is necessarily "up for grabs" in the slightest.

Iran wouldn't get roflstomped, it would be a long and costly war for the US.
    Iran cannot compete against the US military, especially if they don't get military backing from Russia. They would be crushed, and similar to Iraq/Afghanistan that would be the easiest part of the war. The hardest part would be picking up the pieces afterwards.

Getting passenger manifests the legal way would blow Russia's cover. They would need to hack the airline's database to get the passenger lists in that timeframe.
    ...and? Because Russia doesn't have an extensive hacking arm that's intruding into all kinds of private/government systems? You realize this just makes it less likely that Russia is behind this, right? It's absolutely possible, and if they were behind the strike they'd have checked to make sure they were hitting the right target to achieve their goals. Because this target achieves nothing for them.

Where is the proof of Iranian Air Defence Force shooting it down? For now, it wasn't reportedly shot down by anything.
    It came from within Iranian territory by the looks of things, and these were missiles owned by the Iranian military. All evidence points to that, and nothing points to Russia. You're literally grasping at straws to make your argument work, and you're not actually grabbing ahold of any of them.