15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which states on the Russian border are US proxy states?
    Norway, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Georgia, Turkey......? You know, all NATO states.

Georgia not a full member yet though.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2020-01-10 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Also if other planes were coming and going, this is even more suspicious. Why was the Ukrainian plane shot down if there were many planes flying there. And why would it be accidentally shot down if the people saw there were civilian planes coming and going all the time?
    Because someone fucked up.

Russian troops? I just said proxy forces. They are Iranian. Brown people. Beards.
    Who? I'm unaware of any Russian backed Iranian militias in Iran that would have beef with the government in any way.

.........how many times do I need to say "war"? And no, you just saying "no" doesn't dismiss that possibility.
    Again. There. Would. Be. No. War. There. Were. No. Americans. On. That. Plane. Russia isn't going to blindly shoot down a passenger plane hoping there are Americans on board.

And Congress would have to authorize said war, were it official, and that ain't happenin.

War is what Russia could gain from this.
    Was was not, and hasn't been, realistically on the table.

US-Iran war or Iranian civil war.
    What does an Iranian civil war get them? Higher oil prices maybe, but also tons of other headaches. A civil war in Iran is one of the worst ways to boost oil prices, there are infinitely better, easier, more predictable, and more controllable ways to achieve this goal.

IF the plane wasn't shot down by accident, who would have most to gain from shooting down the plane? Russia.
    They wouldn't, because they still gain little to nothing out of this.

You seem to think the US was on the brink of war. We weren't, unless Iran significantly escalated attacks against US forces, which they did not, and even then it wasn't likely.

Norway, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Georgia, Turkey......? You know, all NATO states.
    Allies =|= proxies, dude. Are you for real?

15+ Year Old Account
    Iran cannot compete against the US military, especially if they don't get military backing from Russia. They would be crushed, and similar to Iraq/Afghanistan that would be the easiest part of the war. The hardest part would be picking up the pieces afterwards.
    Iran isn't Iraq or Afghanistan. They would be crushed, yes, but with a higher cost to the US, a lot higher.

...and? Because Russia doesn't have an extensive hacking arm that's intruding into all kinds of private/government systems? You realize this just makes it less likely that Russia is behind this, right? It's absolutely possible, and if they were behind the strike they'd have checked to make sure they were hitting the right target to achieve their goals. Because this target achieves nothing for them.
    It could have been a high gamble, like operations always are. Killing Suleimani was a high gamble. Iranian retaliation was a high gamble. Russian gamble on the Ukrainian airplane wouldn't have been any different risk-wise. Or let me take that back, actually less of a risk, because nobody might find out it was you so there is lower risk than in the aforementioned operations.

It came from within Iranian territory by the looks of things, and these were missiles owned by the Iranian military. All evidence points to that, and nothing points to Russia. You're literally grasping at straws to make your argument work, and you're not actually grabbing ahold of any of them.
    Of course it came from within Iranian territory, but what does that have to do with this? The proxy forces are obviously inside Iran, that's why they are called proxy forces. Just like the ones Suleimani commanded in Iraq, the Iranian proxy forces. Shooting rockets at US bases dozens of times. That's how proxy forces work. All the missiles in Iran are Russian so what kind of argument is that towards one point or another? Iranians, Iranian proxies, Russians, Russian proxies - they all use Russian missiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Allies =|= proxies, dude. Are you for real?
    Allies are proxies. Are you mixing up proxy and puppet?

I gotta go to bed now, good night.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

https://apnews.com/fbb2985489bcc74e0e9c728ca7ce009a

President Donald Trump used his first campaign election rally of 2020 to argue that he served up “American justice” by ordering a drone strike to take out Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, while jeering Democratic leaders for questioning his decision to carry out the attack without first consulting Congress.

“We got a call. We heard where he was. He knew the way he was getting there,” Trump told cheering supporters in Toledo. “We didn’t have time to call up Nancy, who isn’t operating with a full deck.”

They want us to tell them so they can leak it to their friends in the corrupt media,” Trump added.
    Not much going on. Just Trump further sewing division and bragging about how amazing he is to the cheers of his followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Don't know if this was posted, but for all of you defending a terrorist, here are the facts from the first hand.
    [video=youtube_share;1C888mSyD7s]https://youtu.be/1C888mSyD7s[/vieo]
    Enjoy.
    People link to any video on the internet as a 'gotcha' in 2020, huh?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    they seem to be thirsting for iraq 2 electric boogaloo so that makes sense.
    This would be Iraq 3 at this point, since we have Desert Storm in the early 90s, and Iraqi Freedom now that is still going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I got your point but I don't think you got mine the same international laws that protect people like him protect our diplomats, heads of states and US personnel overseas. There are a lot of horrible people in the world most of which we are friends with Mohammed Bonesawlmin is as much of a monster as him but we don't assassinate him. There's no moral high ground to nations just risks versus rewards in this case the risks outweigh the reward. We may look at this move as the point where the US lost any ground in the middle east because 80% of the fight is PR and this is really bad middle east PR.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you get my point conventional war is the first punch in a 100 round boxing match it doesn't determine who wins the encounter. Back in the old days where armies faced each other and this was the end of it that's when conventional warfare was the last word now it's not.
    Uh, hate to break it to you, but resistance fighters have been around for a hell of a lot longer than you are giving them credit for. The term "guerrilla" warfare dates to the Spanish peasants' uprising against Napoleon's occupation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this whole string of incidents is on heavy rotation on local news now because I've had a lot of people who normally don't talk about politics/world events bring it up.

I live in an area where the top 10 US defense contractors have multiple campuses. Most people work for on of the contractors, know someone who does, works for a business that works with them, etc. Long story short, people understand the game. I haven't met a single person in real who was happy about the assassination. I feel like I have to write a disclaimer that not being happy with it means you think the guy was a nice guy or anything like that. The people fully understand the chain of events that transpire when something like that goes down. An area full of defense contractors means everyone is tied to the military in some way. Duty is duty, but damn if people aren't tired of conflicts that seem to worth it or things escalating further, faster than they needed to be by suits who really only care about their legacy.

40% of me still thinks Iran needs some of its equipment taken out as a lesson. 60% of me is just hoping for a reset.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://apnews.com/fbb2985489bcc74e0e9c728ca7ce009a

Not much going on. Just Trump further sewing division and bragging about how amazing he is to the cheers of his followers.
    I hate it when people say ''Trumps base is against wars'' or anything for that matter.

Trump's base is not against wars in the ME, more then half of Trump voters are probably pro killing of Muslims. Trump's base is just a group of followers who will repeat anything that Trump says.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no Russia lover, but this shit - it's not Russia's doing. Where this retarded conspiracy theory even floated from?

The only Russia tie is that AA weapons were Russian-made, which is not a Russia issue really, but the issue of shit ass Iranian operators that messed up.

Nobody wanted that shit, neither Iran nor definitely Russia. Trying to spin it as some sort of intended operation is retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well...

This morning when I opened up my computer, there is an article on a Finnish news site where an expert is saying it's possible the plane was shot down by "terrorists", because it looks like it wasn't shot down with SA-15, but some smaller manpad, which would indicate non-governmental troops.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/ulkomaat/a/...4-516bee15baf7

So I'm not the only one keeping his eyes, ears and mind open before dismissing such a possibility.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm no Russia lover, but this shit - it's not Russia's doing. Where this retarded conspiracy theory even floated from?

The only Russia tie is that AA weapons were Russian-made, which is not a Russia issue really, but the issue of shit ass Iranian operators that messed up.

Nobody wanted that shit, neither Iran nor definitely Russia. Trying to spin it as some sort of intended operation is retarded.
    Soviet-made, as was aa in ukraine, used by ukrainian military, like when they shot down russian passenger plane in 2001.

Georgia not a full member yet though.
    Ah, so NATO, even both countries with nukes, are proxy states. What...?
    Do you know what proxy and what ally is? Gets really funny when you consider history of France in NATO, for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ah, so NATO, even both countries with nukes, are proxy states. What...?
    Do you know what proxy and what ally is? Gets really funny when you consider history of France in NATO, for example.
    An ally turns into a proxy once they start having permanent American military bases in them...

An ally turns into a proxy once they start having permanent American military bases in them...
    How does supporting your allies change that? USA is the backbone and the most powerful member of the NATO. It supporting it's allies does not make them proxies.
    Conspiracy theory crap...

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I hate it when people say ''Trumps base is against wars'' or anything for that matter.

Trump's base is not against wars in the ME, more then half of Trump voters are probably pro killing of Muslims. Trump's base is just a group of followers who will repeat anything that Trump says.
    And we even have data showing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Then I wonder what was happening in Syria since 2014? and lebanon is full of sunni vs shia propoganda.

and No, only shia (Iran & Yemen mainly) do this. they are the ones chanting fuck america on the streets on daily basis.
    Well, when a country (the US) comes in and kills a lot of people, replace the one in the government and try to kill you by saying "ur a terrorist". Its then ofc people will start chanting "fuck America".

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I find it funny how 2 of the biggest anti-trump posters here are suddenly licking his boots over this. Skroe and cuddy having some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Soviet-made, as was aa in ukraine, used by ukrainian military, like when they shot down russian passenger plane in 2001.
    Except there is consensus it was shot down by pro-Russian militia in Donbass, not the Ukrainians.