Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Personally I don't consider a normal raid worth the effort of checking logs and websites and all that, but to each their own.
    Definitely not, just saying that going by ilvl is as wrong as going by dps claims.

I only organize hc raids (pugs) and I clear it in the first two weeks of released.

I always ask for 5 Ilvl less than the hc drop. That ma s i will ask for 440 for Nyalotha Hc.

I would suggest the same. Its not insanely high for that level of raiding anyway.
    Same for normal. 5 Ilvl below item drops is realistic

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I only organize hc raids (pugs) and I clear it in the first two weeks of released.

I always ask for 5 Ilvl less than the hc drop. That ma s i will ask for 440 for Nyalotha Hc.

I would suggest the same. Its not insanely high for that level of raiding anyway.
    Same for normal. 5 Ilvl below item drops is realistic
    When Titanforging existed, that made sense. But now that it doesn't, nobody who is 440 will want to run a 12 boss raid that drops 445 unless they need a very specific piece, and in that case it's very likely you're going to be rebuilding the group after every boss or so when those people get their piece and ditch. It's a gigantic waste of time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Except for the first tier of an expansion, the prior raid's loot drops are always the benchmark "requirement" for any given raid.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Our guild is looking to get back into raiding for 8.3 and are thinking of starting with normal. A lot of us have been out of the game for a while and are wondering what you recommend we should set as the minimum requirements to join the first Nyalotha normal raid?

Based on some initial research we are thinking of setting it as 435ilvl, 65 neck. Does that seem reasonable or are we missing something?
    Since many ppl here didn't read that you're not planning on PuGing, here's a realistic opinion on what you and your guild mates should be aiming for:

Itemlevel: 420+. That is more than enough for an organized group.
    Neck level: 55+. It is unrealistic to reach 65 within 3 weeks until the raid opens if you have players in your guild that haven't played during 8.2, while 55 is much easier to reach. Anything beyond 55 is a nice bonus to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    When Titanforging existed, that made sense. But now that it doesn't, nobody who is 440 will want to run a 12 boss raid that drops 445 unless they need a very specific piece, and in that case it's very likely you're going to be rebuilding the group after every boss or so when those people get their piece and ditch. It's a gigantic waste of time.
    Which is always the case in pug groups. Whats your point?
    Ofc ppl will join. Nobody joins for titanforges lol. Have you actually done hc raids?
    Most people actually care about progressing. The faster you progress the better groups you can get into the next week.

You surely never did first week pug raiding like ever.

Which is always the case in pug groups. Whats your point?
    Ofc ppl will join. Nobody joins for titanforges lol. Have you actually done hc raids?
    Most people actually care about progressing. The faster you progress the better groups you can get into the next week.

You surely never did first week pug raiding like ever.
    In regards to pugging the first week, sure, people will care about progression. Past that though? Absolutely people would join raids for hopes of warforging/titanforging gear.
    Just look at Behemoth and why pugs go to radiance first.

You could say that's irrelevant to your point, but the other poster is still right and it's definitely not true "no one joins for titanforges".

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    And just to be sure, that the PuG will be a success it could be set to around 548
    With AotC of the current raid of course, can't forget that.

OT: With how easy it is to get ilvl right now, having a set minimum for a Normal Raid seems silly. You'll be getting a really rad Legendary cloak and the Visions/invasions will drop 445 iirc and Mythic 0s will drop 430?
    You'll have a week of the new patch before raid time. If anyone goes in there below 420ish, are they even playing the game?
    Side note, ilvl is a joke for the most part; especially on dps. My Hunter and Assassin Rogue are the same ilvl, but ST Sims are 12k dps apart.

Amen. Last week I saw a Mechagon run - not hard mode either, just the standard mythic version - that said 'easy run 440+ only'.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with this is, anyone can say they pull high dps. "invite me 50k+ on bosses" only to pull like, 15k. ilevel on the other hand, you can't cheat to the same extent. Yeah you could equip higher ilevel gear from like, a different spec, but that's not as much wiggle room as simply whispering someone a number.
    It's almost like verification and/or trial periods to prove your claim are required by guilds.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Our guild is looking to get back into raiding for 8.3 and are thinking of starting with normal. A lot of us have been out of the game for a while and are wondering what you recommend we should set as the minimum requirements to join the first Nyalotha normal raid?

Based on some initial research we are thinking of setting it as 435ilvl, 65 neck. Does that seem reasonable or are we missing something?
    Break up your raid into 5 man's and do m+ for a week. You will all be 430+ with 60 necks in that time. Then do EP heroic to see where you are. If youre that concerned about requirements, this will tell you everything U need to know.

For actual casual guilds.
    "Hey man can I raid with you?"
    "Are you a dick?"
    "No"
    "Then welcome aboard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with this is, anyone can say they pull high dps. "invite me 50k+ on bosses" only to pull like, 15k. ilevel on the other hand, you can't cheat to the same extent. Yeah you could equip higher ilevel gear from like, a different spec, but that's not as much wiggle room as simply whispering someone a number.
    None of which matters for a guild run. They're not pugging.

OP: I'd ask people to be around the level of normal EP (so 415-420). It makes sense to me that raiders should be able to move from one difficulty to the same difficulty in the next raid (so, normal to normal or heroic to heroic). I wouldn't worry about neck level.

I assume you're doing this to have some fun with friends and get back into raiding, so it doesn't matter much if you clear everything normal in one week or 4 weeks. As long as you're killing stuff, having fun and making some progress, it's all good, right?
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-01-03 at 08:47 PM.

Thank you for the helpful replies. To clarify, we are just getting back to the game again for 8.3 and I was just looking for advice on a goal we should set in order to not get completely blasted when we enter Normal

In summary, it sounds like our original idea of 430/65 was a bit much.

430 will be fine till you get farther into the raid, 420 its still doable. Just start at 420-430 and get some drops as you progress, you might not clear but you'll get some gear to clear in future weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Neck level: 55+. It is unrealistic to reach 65 within 3 weeks until the raid opens if you have players in your guild that haven't played during 8.2
    You must have been offline for a very long time if you feel this way. Getting to 65 neck from being fresh at 120 takes about 10-15 hours of online time, even less if you do the war campaign. (Source my 440 eq dk with 65 neck at 19 hours played at max level)

To OP: the suggestion of not caring about gear and caring about damage and healing numbers is a good suggestion. People can be decked in 440 gear but if they have no sockets or garbage stats they will get their asses handed to them by mediocre players in good 420 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    In regards to pugging the first week, sure, people will care about progression. Past that though? Absolutely people would join raids for hopes of warforging/titanforging gear.
    Just look at Behemoth and why pugs go to radiance first.

You could say that's irrelevant to your point, but the other poster is still right and it's definitely not true "no one joins for titanforges".
    You mean right now half a year after the raid is released?

Even I actively kick people who fail to do basic shit that's been out for half a year.

This entire post is about the required iLvL when it releases. Ofc nobody will give a flying fuck about normal Nyalotha in half a year time.

You mean right now half a year after the raid is released?

Even I actively kick people who fail to do basic shit that's been out for half a year.

This entire post is about the required iLvL when it releases. Ofc nobody will give a flying fuck about normal Nyalotha in half a year time.
    No, not "right now a half a year after the raid is released".

Especially the first month it would be more relevant. Again, behemoth being an example of a boss who had trinkets/weapons that were just THAT strong even at lower ilvls. People want that for progression, even if it comes from normal.

With titanforging being removed? Doubt it will change, people will be chasing for the corruption pieces still.

“8/8M CE lead 445+ checking IO and logs don't whisper me"

Whatever is the highest atainable, atleast if you go by usual pugging standards.

But really I'd say 5-10 ilvls below what the ilvl of the gear drops are, you gotta have incentive to run it after all, so no point in asking for gear better than what the raid drops.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-01-03 at 10:32 PM.

With gear getting increased in the raids they'll most likely increase the gear from World quests, pvp, dungeons etc. So best bet for Nya'lotha normal would say 425-430 (435ish)

im just pulling numbers out my ass.
    but my prediction is, 415 is fine for the first bosses, but last bosses are usually alot harder, so 430+ is prolly recommended for clearing normal.
    more important than ilvl is decent essences and azerite traits and neck level.