Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewtski View Post
    At normal a group of 430sshould crush it
    Yeah, not so much. If you're 430 you haven't been playing the game much at all and you're not going to "crush" content that drops 445/455. It would be doable for skilled players who have been playing the game, but "crushing" content that drops +15/25 would be limited to a subset of mythic raiders, which is a hypothetical since they were all past 445 before 8.3 dropped anyway. A normal group of 430's will have some long boss kills early before flaming out by the midpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Yeah, not so much. If you're 430 you haven't been playing the game much at all and you're not going to "crush" content that drops 445/455. It would be doable for skilled players who have been playing the game, but "crushing" content that drops +15/25 would be limited to a subset of mythic raiders, which is a hypothetical since they were all past 445 before 8.3 dropped anyway. A normal group of 430's will have some long boss kills early before flaming out by the midpoint.
    I just came back to the game with a brand new character on a new server I made on 1/6, hit 120 on 1/15, and a bit over a week later I have a 69 neck and 428 ilvl. My best M+ is a +2 and have no raiding done at all, basically I haven't been getting carried by anyone to get what I got currently. I have just over 1 day /played at 120 so you're completely right in saying "If you're 430 you haven't been playing the game much at all". Not to mentioned M0 drops 430 now, it should be insanely easy to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    And just to be sure, that the PuG will be a success it could be set to around 548
    Also, raid leader is 385...

10+ Year Old Account
    450 neck 75 all rank 3 essences 100k dps

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    450 and heroic achievement for quick zerg.

With how steamroll normal is you could probably walk in there at 420 without an issue. Idk we didn't really have to do any mechanics until carapace / n'zoth.

Have been in multiple 445+ groups that didn't have the damage to down Nzoth. I know pug players are hit or miss but damn. If you can get in a 430 pug that can clear this I'd consider it a miracle.

10+ Year Old Account
    People? OP is doing this in their guild not in a PUG so your points about PUGs are fine... but irrelevant.

Progression through raid tiers has always been very simple.

The basic requirement to start the next tier, is to have the gear from the previous raid tier. The item level from Palace normal, 415, is all you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    There should be because it makes things smoother and less frustrating. Why would you not prepare for something.
    are u currently preparing for the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

For a casual guild / returning players, the best way is to think around what you can more or less get through world content in a decent pace, which at the moment is I guess 420-430. It also depends if you know the people who are returning and how they play. If they were decent players a couple patches ago chances are you don't need to force them to grind gear too much as they will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People? OP is doing this in their guild not in a PUG so your points about PUGs are fine... but irrelevant.
    This. Topic is full of irrelevant off topic BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Progression through raid tiers has always been very simple.

The basic requirement to start the next tier, is to have the gear from the previous raid tier. The item level from Palace normal, 415, is all you need.
    Yeah but these days there are numerous avenues to get items, and ilvl of those inflates whenever a new patch is introduced. So if you're just at the level of a normal raid at the release of the next one it might suggest you put 0 effort into it

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    are u currently preparing for the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?
    I don't believe in god.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The guideline should be the minimum ilvl for new raid is the heroic ilvl from the previous raid.

Most folks wanted 400+ when EP launched, so 430+ should be minimum baseline for ny'alotha normal.
    For a PUG, 430~435 would be acceptable for Week 1/Week 2 running.

For a guild trying to start up, 435 is pretty harsh, especially when you're starting with Normal, unless you're all gonna spam M+ to gear up.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I don't believe in god.
    but what about Jesus?

you can easily do nyalotha normal with a bunch of 415-420s. but at the same time, m+5 are easier than nyalotha and they offer 445 gear. imo i'd want everyone in guild ot be around 425 that would show they did something on their own to gear up a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Have been in multiple 445+ groups that didn't have the damage to down Nzoth. I know pug players are hit or miss but damn. If you can get in a 430 pug that can clear this I'd consider it a miracle.
    yeah i was doing heroic hivemind last night, 3 of us were above 80k dps, and then we had a bunch of aoe classes (rogue/dh/ele/mages) doing 30k its not a problem of gear, its a problem of not knowing how to play your class and not knowing how to deal with an encounter. Fire mages opening with combust on that fight when ~15 adds spawn 10 seconds in confuses me.

440 with a good strat explain before raid will be good .
    Have fun to clean trashs