Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Hmm, without changing the current intro scenario, we could only really see Draenei and Orcs become Demon Hunters. These races were on Outland when Illidan was training the player DHs. If a new scenario is formed - like maybe Illidan comes back home - then it will likely open up much more broadly, similar to how the new Lich King scenario is opening up Death Knights.
    Althought dks creation is totally different and the process is different. I just don't like death knights on paladin-light kind of races, like lightforged still infused with light on cosmetic options but necromantic at the same time. The first death knights ever were created actually by guldan, made from the bodies of knights, and they could not contain any light holy magic whatsoever. But again, Lich king would turn them all into death knights, regardless the race and class as long as they were killed by him.

Now who is actually turning all races into death knights now exactly? Even Bolvar lost his power since the helm was broken, how will this happen exactly? That's something i didn't look into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Yeah I figured Voidelves just use a void demon to empower themselves. Fel effects into void effects like eye beam. Should not be an super stretch in lore.
    Yeah i though it was a good idea, but then i realized that Voidwalkers are not actually demons (even if they are classified as demons in game), so the whole idea falls apart.

So i will stay with the Draneai DHs (they also make a lot of sense, they are one of those races that have many reasons to want to hunt the Demons through the universe), heck they have more reason to do that than the Elves themselves!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Now who is actually turning all races into death knights now exactly? Even Bolvar lost his power since the helm was broken, how will this happen exactly? That's something i didn't look into.
    They pointed out that the new Dks creation comes before Bolvar lose his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yeah i though it was a good idea, but then i realized that Voidwalkers are not actually demons (even if they are classified as demons in game), so the whole idea falls apart.

So i will stay with the Draneai DHs (they also make a lot of sense, they are one of those races that have many reasons to want to hunt the Demons through the universe), heck they have more reason to do that than the Elves themselves!
    I still think draenei DHs can totally happen. But then wouldn't be a bit unfair that we couldn't have a horde dh too that are not elven? So ye probably the orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

They pointed out that the new Dks creation comes before Bolvar lose his helmet.
    Thanks, i didn't pay attention to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, without changing the current intro scenario, we could only really see Draenei and Orcs become Demon Hunters. These races were on Outland when Illidan was training the player DHs. If a new scenario is formed - like maybe Illidan comes back home - then it will likely open up much more broadly, similar to how the new Lich King scenario is opening up Death Knights.
    To be fair, we don't really need Illidan, any of the DHs of the Illidari could teach it to the Horde or Alliance, maybe they are just looking for more forces to continue the invasions to different worlds that are still demon infected (Making sure that the Legion never get re-organized)

Note: We also have 2 different possible heads of the Illidari, one BE and another NE, so one teach the Alliance and the other the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised it wasn't "I WANT TAUREN AND PANDAREN DEMON HUNTERS!" or some other nonsensical races.

I think void elves would be perfect since both the race and class are legion themed so I would say they would work really well together. Nightborne are a tad strange but I could see it working as well.

I'd make them.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

This is fine.

No but really i like it. And i love my elves demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think draenei DHs can totally happen. But then wouldn't be a bit unfair that we couldn't have a horde dh too that are not elven? So ye probably the orcs.
    Yeah, Draneai are a great option, i didn't mention Orcs cause even if they are a good option, Nightborne is more plausible than VE, so at least they have multiple options (but you're right, if the Alliance get Draneai DHs, it would feel weird to have another Elven DH in the Horde)

Yeah, Draneai are a great option, i didn't mention Orcs cause even if they are a good option, Nightborne is more plausible than VE, so at least they have multiple options (but you're right, if the Alliance get Draneai DHs, it would feel weird to have another Elven DH in the Horde)
    But then it would be another elf dh

The allied race scenario for new Death Knights occurs during the timeframe of Patch 8.3. While the actual scenario is not on the PTR as far as I can tell, Bolvar awakes from his icy tomb and raises new Death Knights from the Fourth War (aka the Ally/Horde war in BFA). The cinematic for Shadowlands happens later in the timeline, in Patch 9.0, which is where Bolvar loses some of his necromancy powers during his battle with Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Althought dks creation is totally different and the process is different. I just don't like death knights on paladin-light kind of races, like lightforged still infused with light on cosmetic options but necromantic at the same time. The first death knights ever were created actually by guldan, made from the bodies of knights, and they could not contain any light holy magic whatsoever. But again, Lich king would turn them all into death knights, regardless the race and class as long as they were killed by him.
    The LF Draneai DK doesn't bother me that much, but it would be quite interested if they are shown to be like Sir Zeliek (basically an extra-cursed DK, as Sir Zeliek was in constant pain because of the Light he wielded, but he never abandoned his faith, so i could see the LF Draneai doing something like that, and LF Draneai are used to eternal servitude as a great sacrifice -like how they transfer the soul of some of their greatest arcanist and other stuff into construct servants to guide the new generations)

- - - Updated - - -

But then it would be another elf dh
    Yeah, that's why i said it would be weird for the Horde, as they would be getting the short stick in this case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I'm for Draenei and Orcs, possible humans/Orcs or even gnomes/Orcs.
    I'd be ok with these races too.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I'm surprised it wasn't "I WANT TAUREN AND PANDAREN DEMON HUNTERS!" or some other nonsensical races.

I think void elves would be perfect since both the race and class are legion themed so I would say they would work really well together. Nightborne are a tad strange but I could see it working as well.

I'd make them.
    The main problem with VE Dks, is that is pointed out with Alleria story, that Demons and Void does not combine that well (Void is a way to completely destroy a demon soul), so having a demon soul into a void infused creature sounds... weird.

The only ones from lore that actually make sense are Fel Orcs and Broken (Or Eredar) demon hunters, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Goblins and Ogres lived on Outland Draenor since WC2 so its possible some of them may have learned but not many.

Beyond that, Void Elves/Nightborne are the likley *Neo Demon Hunter* generation that could work but not many others, even then Nightborne are quite physically frail even more than night elves and void elves are tainted by the void already.

So... its not that its impossible its that one has to consider being a demon hunter requires monumental levels of spartan training and almost none of them survive.

But Fel Orcs and Broken were part of the Illidari THUS it makes sense they might be the next ones.

The allied race scenario for new Death Knights occurs during the timeframe of Patch 8.3. While the actual scenario is not on the PTR as far as I can tell, Bolvar awakes from his icy tomb and raises new Death Knights from the Fourth War (aka the Ally/Horde war in BFA). The cinematic for Shadowlands happens later in the timeline, in Patch 9.0, which is where Bolvar loses some of his necromancy powers during his battle with Sylvanas.
    Oh i like that! Makes way more sense than i expected. Ye i can see that. Omg, i just thought, what if i can see Saurfang dk somehow?

10+ Year Old Account

Shit, now I really want orc demon hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs and draeneis should be since they were illidari too

right now, if the atual DHs want to teach, orcs, humans and maybe draenei and trolls could learn

i don't know why people say more elves, the idea is exactly to open the class to other race besides fucking elves
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-01-03 at 09:28 PM.

The LF Draneai DK doesn't bother me that much, but it would be quite interested if they are shown to be like Sir Zeliek (basically an extra-cursed DK, as Sir Zeliek was in constant pain because of the Light he wielded, but he never abandoned his faith, so i could see the LF Draneai doing something like that, and LF Draneai are used to eternal servitude as a great sacrifice -like how they transfer the soul of some of their greatest arcanist and other stuff into construct servants to guide the new generations)
    Indeed the world is changing and the lore can't stop there, i mean if we just focus on old lore, there will be nothing new ever. But i would like for them to not kill the old lore in the process.
    They constantly bring back old themes and the new lore they do seems boring sometimes.

But i wouldn't mind new generations creating something new, just like Illidan created his demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with VE Dks, is that is pointed out with Alleria story, that Demons and Void does not combine that well (Void is a way to completely destroy a demon soul), so having a demon soul into a void infused creature sounds... weird.
    Ah, didn't know about that. Damn, I guess that wouldn't really make sense then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i like that! Makes way more sense than i expected. Ye i can see that. Omg, i just thought, what if i can see Saurfang dk somehow?
    To be fair, having Saurfang as a DK would be a Nazgrim 2.0, and doubt that people want that again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Orcs and draeneis should be since they were illidari too

right now, if the atual DHs want to teach, orcs, humans and maybe draenei and trolls could learn

i don't know why people say more elves, the idea is exactly to open the class to other race besides fucking elves
    Just saying what makes sense (and what's easy), but in the end, from those Elves, the only one that makes sense is Nightborne and not that much

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Shit, now I really want orc demon hunters.
    Hhaha i know it looks great tbh. And orcs have really strong bodies, i'm 100% certain they would be not having as much problems on a ritual with demons as humans. Humans are likely to just die as soon as they consume a heart of a demon.

And our spacegoats Draenei are well.. From space, pretty sure their stomach and all will let them pass through this process.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, having Saurfang as a DK would be a Nazgrim 2.0, and doubt that people want that again
    Shiet, ye, but Nazgrim was super influenced. Saurfang would come as a DK in a better mindset.