Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Demon hunters have a constant craving for fel power and demonic flesh,[7] and live in constant torment from the sacrifices they've made.[18] Some succumb to the overbearing power of fel energy and lose all control of themselves. Their blood begins to burn and they unwillingly take on their demon form before lashing out at any nearby living beings.[19] Assuming Metamorphosis form is a very dangerous feat to undertake: unleashing the demon within is risking that the demonic power will take over. Should this happen, all semblance of the elf that was will be lost and only a demonic servant of the Burning Legion will remain.[14]
    The training begins with the person slaying a demon, eating its heart, and drinking its blood. The spirit of the ingested demon bonds with them and from this bond the demon hunter receives visions of the Burning Legion destroying countless worlds across the universe.[11] In horror at the sight, they tear their own eyes out, and usually puts them into a coma.[12] The fel power infusing their bodies after ingesting the demon's heart and blood causes the demon hunter to mutate, gaining demonic features such as scales, horns, or claws.[13] As with all chaos-touched creatures, the forms that these traits will take can be quite unpredictable.[14]
    The first demon hunter, Illidan Stormrage, had his eyes burned out and tattoos marked on his body by Sargeras himself. The demon hunters' iconic warglaive weapons come from the famous Twin Blades of Azzinoth, which Illidan took from the doomguard named Azzinoth.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demon_hunter
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-03 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Frankly I could see Blizzard adding more DHs if not for the fact that they require a lot more work than DKs do.

DKs is just adapting the eyeglow for a new race, maybe putting the skins through a filter and that's more or less it.

DHs have blindfold options, tattoo options, horn options, actually different skins-- some with more muscle definition, some with scales.
    It's not as much work as it seems. Definitely more than death knights, but they'd only be adding two more races, and void elves can largely use the same customizations as blood elves do--only with different color variations.

Now if we're talking about non-elven races, it could become more complex for certain. But personally I just want to see void elves and nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Well i think that's where glyphs could take a part on.

Just like warlocks have a item to turn all their abilities fel, void elves could turn all their abilities void. Doesn't necessarily needs to make sense, i guess. lol i'm trying to think outside of the box, and let go the "making sense". This is what i came up with.
    Nnnnah. Because that's skipping past the whole 'void+fel=explosions/death/destruction/other-existense-incompatible-event' thing.

Well i love legion xpac, and i love all this theme, but lately we barely have anything related to it. So i can only see someone starting a new "breed of void demon hunters" but how would that work out? I really am curious to know how people would make it if they were the ones making new lore and all that. Actually part of my little tiny salt about the topic that can exist is due to people always having ideas but not knowing how they would exactly do it.

I'm not "salty" i'm actually a very respectful person, i respect others views and opinions, but when it comes to saying that blizzard could have done better, still not totally saying how that would work out, and for us that like our elves fel demon hunters, to turn our whole ability kit into void too?

I mean we need something that gives demon hunters some importance.

I agree with the dk thing. But even then, didn't come until now. Cause everything didn't suit it for it to happen. Now the theme is death and there you go.
    Well this is essentially a death knight expansion. But the death knight story didn't truly make a major comeback until Legion. And in Legion, they did a good job. Demon Hunters had literally nothing in BFA, and that's a little concerning. I don't feel like they will get much attention in Shadowlands either, unless there are some dead demon hunters there... which I highly doubt. Then again, we do have Kael'thas... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Nnnnah. Because that's skipping past the whole 'void+fel=explosions/death/destruction/other-existense-incompatible-event' thing.
    True. Which is why it's hard for me to think outside the box. Because in game it wouldn't feel right either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Legion should have stretched lore a bit and allow orcs and draenei as demon hunters, as both races were part of Illidan's forces. Fel orc and eredar skins for DHs would be really cool.
    I do agree with this, IMHO the best non-elven races for DHs.

Also OP, i'm not sure how well Demon + Void would work, as normally void completely destroy demons, and the DH are, in the end, demons.

Though we do have Voidwalkers... (maybe the VE DH absorb Voidwalkers instead of any other type of demon... who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well this is essentially a death knight expansion. But the death knight story didn't truly make a major comeback until Legion. And in Legion, they did a good job. Demon Hunters had literally nothing in BFA, and that's a little concerning. I don't feel like they will get much attention in Shadowlands either, unless there are some dead demon hunters there... which I highly doubt. Then again, we do have Kael'thas... maybe.
    Kael'thas is there yes. On the vampire covenant. I actually look forward to see him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I'm for Draenei and Orcs, possible humans/Orcs or even gnomes/Orcs.
    Why Gnomes? Humans are ok but IMHO Draneai make more sense as they have been running and fighting the Legion for centuries

Kael'thas is there yes. On the vampire covenant. I actually look forward to see him.
    Kael'thas is indirectly connected to Illidan and his demon hunters, so we're likely to at least see Illidan referenced. Surely he must regret some of his actions. And he was all but worshipping Kil'jaeden in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

Also OP, i'm not sure how well Demon + Void would work, as normally void completely destroy demons, and the DH are, in the end, demons.

Though we do have Voidwalkers... (maybe the VE DH absorb Voidwalkers instead of any other type of demon... who knows)
    Well, in a inscription quest they tell us that the tattoos color a demon hunter can have, comes from the demon involved and ingested heart. So i guess the purple tattoo would be like a succubus or a voidwalker? Still after that, meanwhile, in gameplay, you have fel and chaos only. So loads of things still makes me confused and wouldn't feel right.

- - - Updated - - -

Kael'thas is indirectly connected to Illidan and his demon hunters, so we're likely to at least see Illidan referenced. Surely he must regret some of his actions. And he was all but worshipping Kil'jaeden in the end.
    Ye i know. I actually love Illidan and Kael'thas cause they stayed true til the end. But Kael'thas going way too far and got killed for it.
    Also was Kael'thas that sent also some blood elves to Illidan to train with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in a inscription quest they tell us that the tattoos color a demon hunter can have, comes from the demon involved and ingested heart. So i guess the purple tattoo would be like a succubus or a voidwalker? Still after that, meanwhile, in gameplay, you have fel and chaos only. So loads of things still makes me confused and wouldn't feel right.
    I just realized, that Voidwalkers are not demons, they are just clasified as demons for gameplay porpourse (at least that's what wowpedia says)

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Were they actually demon hunters (i.e. ripping eyes out, absorbing demon essences into themselves, etc) or just warlocks?
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_Hunter look at this and ctrl + f and write human and read about it

I just realized, that Voidwalkers are not demons, they are just clasified as demons for gameplay porpourse (at least that's what wowpedia says)
    They don't really explain much on wowpedia, then i went to the Q&A:
    Q: Void creatures (Dimensius, particularly Voidwalkers, Darkened Naaru) are different than Demons. True or false?
    A: True!

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_4

They just say true.

So i'm guessing maybe it can be other demons... Not sure really. Succubus seems more fit.

For purple tattoo at least.

Or maybe even red:

Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-03 at 08:46 PM.

They don't really explain much on wowpedia, then i went to the Q&A:

"Void creatures (Dimensius, particularly Voidwalkers, Darkened Naaru) are different than Demons. True or false?
    True!" https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_4

They just say true.

So i'm guessing maybe it can be other demons... Not sure really. Succubus seems more fit.
    Voidwalkers were given to warlocks before 'void' was really a thing... frankly 'fel' was very vague back then, too. It's more that their role evolved over time and now it feels a bit strange to have them as warlock pets... but here we are. They are an iconic pet now and it's not that big of a stretch, so it's unlikely they will ever be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_Hunter look at this and ctrl + f and write human and read about it
    That info is from the Compendium and is non-canon

- - - Updated - - -

Voidwalkers were given to warlocks before 'void' was really a thing... frankly 'fel' was very vague back then, too. It's more that their role evolved over time and now it feels a bit strange to have them as warlock pets... but here we are. They are an iconic pet now and it's not that big of a stretch, so it's unlikely they will ever be removed.
    Yeah, there's an speculation that the Voidwalkers are Void creatures bound by the Legion to work for them (reason why most of those working with Warlocks or with the Legion have shackle like wristbands)

Note: Yes, it is weird in the end, but as you say, not much of a strech

Voidwalkers are the best... From a warlock perspective ofc. They are great tank pets.

I guess that the people that made old lore, wanted all this labels, all this races, and classes separated, so they all had a bit special unique flavor and different people wanting to play it.

But since demon hunters introduction, warlocks already lost a bit of their being masters of fel and demons in general, and even being so powerful doing it that they would become a demon themselves (metamorphosis).

But i can't lie that i love melee more than caster. Even tho i love the concept of warlocks in wow.
    Just feels like it's hard with all the lore coming and coming more and more to make sense out of things and old lore.
    It's a goddamn mess if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voidwalkers are the best... From a warlock perspective ofc. They are great tank pets.
    Well when it comes to Voidwalkers, i do like how old lore point out that they are not afraid of pain, reason why Warlocks that are afraid of Pain favor them. (Basically, even lorewise, they are tanks :P )

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Do those exact same steps, and then click on the little number between brackets ([4] and [5]) on that webpage, and you'll find out more relevant information regarding "human demon hunters".

Hmm, without changing the current intro scenario, we could only really see Draenei and Orcs become Demon Hunters. These races were on Outland when Illidan was training the player DHs. If a new scenario is formed - like maybe Illidan comes back home - then it will likely open up much more broadly, similar to how the new Lich King scenario is opening up Death Knights.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I figured Voidelves just use a void demon to empower themselves. Fel effects into void effects like eye beam. Should not be an super stretch in lore.